Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

This is a bit silly with the confusion about times. Ride are the only act I am deadset on seeing no matter what. Hopefully this is cleared up by 9am tomorrow before I drop out of society and the internet for 72+ hours.

Also I live down stradbally way and the evenings and mornings this week have been bloody cold so you have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

before B&S i'd say.
    odd that the band don't know when or what stage they're playing.

Move MMJ and Dawes 90 mins earlier each, or perhaps switch either to the Sat if schedule allows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I know very little of this "ride" you speak of, but could they be playing the other voices tent?

... "Low, Ride or get a little higher..."

sorry for the bad pun ... bad Pablo

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

setanta74 wrote: »

Also I live down stradbally way and the evenings and mornings this week have been bloody cold so you have been warned.

I second this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

J o e wrote: »
    Has anyone compiled a clear printable timetable of all the stage times for the weekend? Would rather not rely on the mobile, battery and small screen not the best.

Here is my one, one page per day (PDF on Google Drive)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6iJQR38HkYmMGxyc3dOYmkxcTg/view?usp=sharing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Only one more sleep!

I've seen an article that mentioned "no re-entry into the campsite with alcohol" but surely that's incorrect? Do people not keep some drink back in their cars and nip in and out on the Saturday/Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

zuluchio wrote: »

(I can't quote links)

That, my friend, is a thing of beauty! Thank you, thank you, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Ride posted on their Facebook page that they are playing the Cosby Stage on Friday and not the Electric Arena on Saturday. Problem is the Cosby stage doesn't appear to be open on Friday. Anyone know what's going on? Ride are the only must see band for me over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

zuluchio wrote: »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6iJQR38HkYmMGxyc3dOYmkxcTg/view?usp=sharing

Thanks a mil. How did you do that? A spreadsheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

Synode wrote: »
    Thanks a mil. How did you do that? A spreadsheet?

Yeah, Excel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Just got a ticket!! Whoop Whoop! Never been before!

Quick question where's the best place in Dublin to get an affordable waterproof Tent and sleeping bag?? Have now less than 24 hours to get my shít together and I'm work til 5! :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Just got a ticket!! Whoop Whoop! Never been before!

Quick question where's the best place in Dublin to get an affordable waterproof Tent and sleeping bag?? Have now less than 24 hours to get my shít together and I'm work til 5! :confused::confused:

Halfords, or some of the shops down capel street/Mary street

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Don't worry it's late night shopping.
    The camping store in that little arcade on Henry St seemed to have a lot yesterday. No idea re proces.
    Big tescos have reduced tents currently...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

So,

For the boards meet up, I see a lot of talk about going to BBB at 5... sounds like a good plan, but it will scupper the 5pm at salty dog ...

So what are we doing .. ?

is the plan to meet at 4.30 in salty dog and stroll over to BBB for 5?

Is all a bit messy and looks like it might not happen ... again :(

Whats the plan guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

4:30 at the salty dog on friday sounds good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Pablo - thank you millions. That app is brilliant - I now have reminders set for everything I intend to see/ do and I strongly suspect the map is going to save me at some point. Have left 5 stars and a review. Really appreciate it.

Folks - know this has been done to death but have yet to decide between Wilde and Joplin. Could anyone advise the best car park for each please? I was a bit spoiled last year on a whole..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Can't find Curtis Harding on the timetable?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fago123 wrote: »
    Only one more sleep!

I've seen an article that mentioned "no re-entry into the campsite with alcohol" but surely that's incorrect? Do people not keep some drink back in their cars and nip in and out on the Saturday/Sunday?
    EP confirmed on fb or twitter (can't remember which) that this wasn't true.
    you can come in and out of the campsite with alcohol.

think that was a Lovin Dublin article, which also had the Despacio times wrong.

Oh, btw, the 3 penthouse thing is booked up completely for all acts - tried this morning.

No way am I going without wellies.

stevire wrote: »
    pulled out due to illness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Unreal, thanks lads. Halfords looks decent, Gona make a few calls! I barely know who's playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

He's cancelled due to illness according to the EP twitter feed.

Sorry and one more thing for those of you worrying about car parks closing/ exiting and returning etc..

I asked EP on twitter and they've confirmed that there will be no issue coming and going from the car parks all weekend. Open 24/7

Unreal, thanks lads. Halfords looks decent, Gona make a few calls! I barely know who's playing!

This was me last year, got offered a ticket a day or two before and went. Didnt have a notion as to who was playing/ didnt care. It was brilliant. As someone said earlier, its not all about the music - so much to see and do (although the line up IS pretty excellent, to be fair)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FriendlyBook

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much the crafts workshops cost in the GreenCrafts area? Was planning on doing a bit of basketweaving or something to soothe the hangover, but worried they'll be extortionate!

Mooro wrote: »
    Ride posted on their Facebook page that they are playing the Cosby Stage on Friday and not the Electric Arena on Saturday. Problem is the Cosby stage doesn't appear to be open on Friday. Anyone know what's going on? Ride are the only must see band for me over the weekend.
    well they can just open the Cosby Tent for them if they need to. the only reason it's closed is to save money on lighting/sound/security people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

is it ok to use one of those handtrucks to carry your stuff in? handier than lugging slabs, tents and bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Withdrew due to illness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Swarlez wrote: »
    is it ok to use one of those handtrucks to carry your stuff in? handier than lugging slabs, tents and bags!

course it is, they're pure handy

Advertisement