Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

well they can just open the Cosby Tent for them if they need to. the only reason it's closed is to save money on lighting/sound/security people.

It's to save money on acts really. The lighting and sound will be there all week and they will have a certain level of security on an unused marquee. Makes total sense to put Ride into this rather than re-jig other bands schedules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Pablo - thank you millions. That app is brilliant - I now have reminders set for everything I intend to see/ do and I strongly suspect the map is going to save me at some point. Have left 5 stars and a review. Really appreciate it.

you are most welcome .. btw, there is an update on the Android app which gives you info for some of the acts...
    Folks - know this has been done to death but have yet to decide between Wilde and Joplin. Could anyone advise the best car park for each please? I was a bit spoiled last year on a whole..

Cant really help you there, but I would go for red for both of those

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Alkers

Does anyone know what time the arena opens tomorrow? I know campsite is 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dublingaa

So few questions (1st time camper :-) ) so is there different directions when driving to red car park? Don't want to end up in green as I heard they just direct you were ever ?

Is it ok to walk back to your car each day ?? Get more drink etc :-) and lastly which campsite looks the better oscar or Joplin ? Distance to carpark/toilets/hopefully not get robbed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

you are most welcome .. btw, there is an update on the Android app which gives you info for some of the acts...

Cant really help you there, but I would go for red for both of those

You're too good! if meeting up plans get secured I'll def be there to buy you that pint!! :)

• Advertisement

You're too good! if meeting up plans get secured I'll def be there to buy you that pint!! :)

I am gonna be there from 4.30 ... then head over to BBB at 5ish i guess.

It seems to be the consensus ..

Ok - Salty Dog bar at 4.30? genuinely dont remember a bar there but I'm the dozy kind who follows the crowd and doesn't know where she is 90% of the time anyway. I did go to an after party thing one of the nights and it was like a little hut/ cool shed type of thing? is that it?

You'll be wearing that black and green t-shirt from way back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Can't buy the buy tickets on ticketmaster at the moment,
    does anyone know what the story is here? surely not sold out?

Ok - Salty Dog bar at 4.30? genuinely dont remember a bar there but I'm the dozy kind who follows the crowd and doesn't know where she is 90% of the time anyway. I did go to an after party thing one of the nights and it was like a little hut/ cool shed type of thing? is that it?

You'll be wearing that black and green t-shirt from way back?

Thats how I remember the little bar there, but I was not sure.
    Yeah Berlin Green Man T .. that will be me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

srm23 wrote: »

2928543-524906464-Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

srm23 wrote: »

latest?cb=20111206025956

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

EP newbie here. I'll try to make the 4:30 meetup. What's BBB though?

Orion wrote: »
    EP newbie here. I'll try to make the 4:30 meetup. What's BBB though?

Booka Brass Band @ 5pm in Other Voices ... if you haven't seen them before, you really should.

Thats how I remember the little bar there, but I was not sure.
    Yeah Berlin Green Man T .. that will be me

Ok - lovely! have yet to pack or sort out clothes but Im 99.9% sure I'll be wearing a (shortish) white dress and wellies, probably a hat.
    I have very long black hair.
    Got that? look for long black hair and a rabbit caught in the headlights expression, despite being old now.

Ooh so excited now!! Think I've pretty much everything got. Now - to actually do some work and pack it all once I land home!!
    Happy Picnic Eve All!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sounds like a plan so. I'll wear a boards cycling buff so I can be picked out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Very Cold in Stradbally at 9am this morning as low as 10/11 deg ...Same yesterday evening at about 8pm so bring plenty of warm wear for the night time and the morning from 12-6pm it will be pleasant enough by the looks of things..was a small drizzly shower yesterday evening but the workers out there were loving it because dust was becoming a real problem all the securlity men were in dust masks for the last 2 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Got a tweet of creation records, ride are playing the Cosby stage tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Not sure if i'll make the meet up, but i'll definitely be at Booka Brass Band, in a black dress, white willies (I know, madness) and your typical white flowers in the hair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Not sure if i'll make the meet up, but i'll definitely be at Booka Brass Band, in a black dress, white willies (I know, madness) and your typical white flowers in the hair

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm planning on arriving around 10.30 tomorrow. Is that a peak time? Was hoping to try and get in before the frenzy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

The civil unrest here in Budapest this week has been a great preparation for Picnic. I am now in "survival" mode. Getting out of here at 4pm , straight to airport, quick beer, fly to Frankfurt. Then haul ass to switch terminals in 60 minutes to catch the last flight to Dublin.

If I miss that, there will be some savage civil unrest in Frankfurt tonight. The home at around 1130pm, get packing and on the road to picnic by 10am tomorrow.

cannot wait to get down there!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

11921690_415186982000854_5383974141267902067_n.jpg?oh=c7ae788bbea409d727146cb10eb5aca3&oe=568153EA

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

leakyboots wrote: »
    :eek:

bit of a baby wipe and they're good as new :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ianeglington

anyone know if/when/where Tom Misch is playing anywhere? cant find him on clashfinder or irishtimes, but hes on a few EP2015 playlists ive seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Decided against wellies. Just gonna go with an old pair of runners. Be grand. And if it's not, I'll drink more until it is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

SantryRed wrote: »
    Decided against wellies. Just gonna go with an old pair of runners. Be grand. And if it's not, I'll drink more until it is.

I only realised that i gave someone a lend of my wellies during the year and cant remember who. Id say it will be runners for me too with plenty of socks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

Looks like there will be a frost on Saturday night. temperatures down to zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

John83 wrote: »
    I'm planning on arriving around 10.30 tomorrow. Is that a peak time? Was hoping to try and get in before the frenzy.
    nah, i'd say 1-3 is peak time really.
    it'll be fairly quiet at 10:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm sticking to my guns on this, shorts & shoes. F**k yer wellies! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

The civil unrest here in Budapest this week has been a great preparation for Picnic. I am now in "survival" mode. Getting out of here at 4pm , straight to airport, quick beer, fly to Frankfurt. Then haul ass to switch terminals in 60 minutes to catch the last flight to Dublin.

If I miss that, there will be some savage civil unrest in Frankfurt tonight. The home at around 1130pm, get packing and on the road to picnic by 10am tomorrow.

cannot wait to get down there!!

Jaysus , i would hope you didn't turn down sziget just to be home for this.

Advertisement