Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

No

wooooo hoooooo.. when i feel heavy metal... wooooo hooooo..

Nicely played!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Palma Violets releasing new album they could feature I would also like to see The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Tame Impala,Gengahr and I would love to see someone like Neil Young headline the Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I would love to see someone like Neil Young headline the Saturday

I don't know. These days I think Neil is strictly for hardcore fans. 15 min long guitar solos and outros are going to alienate half the audience and have them walking away.

My dream headline slot this year would be Annie Lennox doing a good mixture of Eurythmics hits, solo stuff and covers. She is a Goddess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

At this stage, I really just with EP would announce something! I know we got the 5 or so acts already announced quite early, but as other festivals announce more and more, I'm looking at those as alternatives.

Longitude looks fantastic and has about half a dozen acts on my "must see" list, like Caribou, Alt-J and Young Fathers.

Anyway...

As for the Neil Young call further up - would be superb. I caught him at the Marquee in Cork last year and it was spellbinding. I know his last gig in the RDS went down very badly and seems to have soured his rep a little in Ireland but he sounds flawless and the set last year included a lot of the classics, alongside the Crazy Horse stuff. Plus, I've always thought it was a little silly for people going to a gig billed as Neil Young & Crazy Horse to get annoyed about him playing stuff by Crazy Horse. I'd get over it if it was a Neil Young Solo show but to me, it's like going to see Damon Albarn solo and getting pissed that he hasn't played Song 2 or some Gorillaz stuff - it's a different act!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well EP is saying on Facebook that the launch night is going to be on March 4th so that is not actually that long away, we should get a bunch more names by then.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Well EP is saying on Facebook that the launch night is going to be on March 4th so that is not actually that long away, we should get a bunch more names by then.

Sweet, I didn't know that. That's not too long to wait so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

sadie06 wrote: »
    I don't know. These days I think Neil is strictly for hardcore fans. 15 min long guitar solos and outros are going to alienate half the audience and have them walking away.

My dream headline slot this year would be Annie Lennox doing a good mixture of Eurythmics hits, solo stuff and covers. She is a Goddess!

That's only when he's touring with Crazy Horse, he still does his more 'normal' shows too.

Its not actually a post from EP itself but Phillip Joseph Ó'Baoighealláin in the posts to a page section.

"Roll on this evening....we get stuck into the launch night for Electric Picnic at The Chocolate Factory Dublin Creative Community
    Going to be a good night on March 4th."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

As for the Neil Young call further up - would be superb. I caught him at the Marquee in Cork last year and it was spellbinding. I know his last gig in the RDS went down very badly and seems to have soured his rep a little in Ireland

Was at that gig, it was a young and crazy horse gig, not a young gig, there should have been no complaining about that, the only real complaint was that the sound was ****ing appalling for an outdoor gig, could not hear a damn thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

sadie06 wrote: »

Real possibility, Eurythmics are reforming apparently, wiki list 2014 as years active and thier web site says "New website coming soon" if they do actually reform, they'd be a dead cert for EP in my opinion.

• Advertisement

No

because

wooooo hoooooo.. when i feel heavy metal... wooooo hooooo..

etc... (plus all the actual decent songs and not just the mindless fun ones)

http://youtu.be/nYRqtteQPj8

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

We wont get Duran Duran anyways they have been announced for the Kilarney festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

It's still February, would people relax over the announcement on the line up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

threein99 wrote: »

I think people are just frustrated with lots of other festivals announcing and not a peep from EP.

Even Festival no6 has more announced, run by FR and same weekend. So kinda expect to see a lot of crossover.

http://www.festivalnumber6.com/

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I think people are just frustrated with lots of other festivals announcing and not a peep from EP.

Even Festival no6 has more announced, run by FR and same weekend. So kinda expect to see a lot of crossover.

http://www.festivalnumber6.com/

It's the same as every other year, it will be announced in March

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Didn't realise we can't post speculation about when announcement will be made. I would also state that the reason for late announcements the past few years was due to the ongoing court case and normally tickets weren't released till around March either.
    Tickets have been onsale since September, I've got mine, I've put my money down, now would like an idea of who's playing. I don't feel its unreasonable

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Didn't realise we can't post speculation about when announcement will be made. I would also state that the reason for late announcements the past few years was due to the ongoing court case and normally tickets weren't released till around March either.
    Tickets have been onsale since September, I've got mine, I've put my money down, now would like an idea of who's playing. I don't feel its unreasonable

Speculate all you want, it won't make the announcement come around any quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

I thinks its annoying because they were selling tickets the day after it finished last year and have been promoting loads ever since and there is only 4 acts announced. Most other european and american festivals have released a good portion of their line up as well as plenty of Irish festivals. I can't afford to each of the festivals soI want to start figuring out which one I want to get a ticket for and get a day off work for.

Announcement or not, It's just good to know they're actually booking acts in the background. Previous years we hadn't a clue if the festival was even going ahead at this point.

I see that EP have removed my post on their Facebook page asking about the launch on 4th March, so it looks like it might be true.

Edit: The reason I think its true is that they also removed the post I originally saw on the posts to a page that spiked my interest to enquire in first place.

"Roll on this evening....we get stuck into the launch night for Electric Picnic at The Chocolate Factory Dublin Creative Community
    Going to be a good night on March 4th."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

We wont get Duran Duran anyways they have been announced for the Kilarney festival

I reckon Duran might play EP also - will be added straight after Killarney "Fresh from a triumpant headine set in Killarney Duran Duran have been added ......"

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

My friend was at Pond last week and was talking to one of them and they're not booked yet to play any more gigs in Ireland this year. He also didn't think Tame Impala were either, as he is the VJ for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Am I the only one with fingers crossed for Mumford and Sons?

Yes. Yes you are.

Chocolate Factory just confirmed to me in an email that 4th March is indeed the launch night for EP 2015, bring on the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

passion pit touring again this year. may do ep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Maybe Jesus and Mary Chain, Mac DeMarco...once again I'd love Flaming Lips...

QOTSA maybe? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Maybe Jesus and Mary Chain, Mac DeMarco...once again I'd love Flaming Lips...

QOTSA maybe? :D

BIG yes to Jesus and Mary Chain, Mac DeMarco and QOTSA.
    On a side note qotsa don't make many appearances in Ireland considering their popularity here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

On a side note qotsa don't make many appearances in Ireland considering their popularity here.

Seriously?

Advertisement