Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Didn't get here 'til about 8-ish. Almost didn't come at all. Now that I'm here I can see loads happening but it's all just washing over me a bit. It's hard to really enjoy it when you're on your own. :(

On the plus side, Grace Jones was great.

I came too on my own as bought ticket last minute. Grace Jones and Underworld back to back far more important than “friends“!! ;) Got right down the barrier and got talking to people anyway. Fantastic performance by both.

Got a lift from the Carlow side at 5pm, but traffic so bad had to walk about 2.5 miles to get to the site. Finally got in around 7pm. I don't envy anyone camping - the queue to get into the campsite was a mile long at that time. I cant imagine they saw anything last night.

Maybe it's just me but I thought the vibe was a lot less quirky than I recall. The vendors, little shops etc seem to be a lot more mainstream than before. The layout last night reminded me a lot of Wireless festival in the UK.

Saw Vogue Williams sculking outside the Arch chippy in Stradbally village at 2 am haha.

Enjoy today everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Jeaasus the place is wedged!! Really notice the extra numbers!!
    Interesting to see what Sunday will be like!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

A couple of years ago I left Carlow town at five on friday and was sitting at my pitched tent with a beer before 7. Those days are gone it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

From what I have managed to gather you can get a train from Houston station to Portlaois. Shuttle buses from station to the festival last one at 10.30 costin 5 euro. Not sure how much the train is yet.

Don't bother with the so called "taxi rank" back to Portlaoise. Absolute fcuking joke. Waiting, along with about 100-150 people from 2-4 am for a taxi to arrive once every 10 minutes. Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Queues to get into main areana after 1am were a joke. All to get a useless frisk for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Yeah deinitetly have to say that the huge numbers in attendance is really standing out, hopefully now this will be the threshold limit, as any more increase in numbers for future picnics and then you'll be entering into the "rough and tumble" category. Very noticeable at main stage and on a friday where there seems to be that 2/3 capacity stretchning back to the seated area that was'nt so evident in past picnics.

Having said that theres a good vibe about the place, intresting to note that with the higher numbers, there is more visible garda presence, going around in groups of 3's and 4's, but everything seems to be going ok.

As with Friday, theres always a rush to try and catch what acts to see

Grace Jones - Bit of a headcase but put on a good show, she's in great shape , i'll give you that.

Belle and Sebastian - Put on a great performance, good to hear a lot of the early stuff from the first few albums. Liked the concept of the actress on the screen behind doing some intro's to the songs. Great vibe at the show, also good to see a few fans beena llowed up on stage and dancing great to see

Ham Sandwhich - Really took to the main stage bigtime, i thought the main stage would have been too much, but they handled it quiet well. Podge McNamee really took to it well, doing his "Axl Rose" stage run and crows surf, really funny

Ollie Cole - Or Oliver as he prefers to be called!!!, had some hassle with sound set ups which held up the set for 15 minutes,he has playing at the Salty Dog Stage, but once he got going , it was a ggod show, pity he only played two Turn songs, was hoping for a few more.

Ride - :eek::eek::eek: AMAZING!!!, AMAZING, AMAZING!!!! Stand out performance, so far, in fact its one of the best performances, i've seen from band at an electric picnic festival and i've been to a few. I only found out early on that their slot had been moved from the Saturday to Friday. But my word, what a gig, first 5 minutes was a "soundcheck" according to Andy Bell and that was hairs on the back of the neck moment. I'll admit I only heard some of their stuff but dont have any of their albums and this was my first time to see them live and this I'm buying the whole back catalogue. Think of a more melodic "My Bloody Valentine" and you get the picture, fantastic set. As lead singer Mark Gardener said, "lets get this festival rocking" and they sure did, fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

blaa85 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the vip area is? Bought them with the pink moon package, but no one seems to know where it's at

VIP area is to the right hand side of the main stage, behind the 3Penthouse. It's not great.

It's definitely not worth the extra €65.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Its all over. EP is now Oxegen. Some prick had a dump in one of our tents last night. Queues everywhere. Hell on earth in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Didn't manage to make it in to see Ride on time. Really regret that.
    Redneck Manifesto on Salty Dog was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Rackstar wrote: »
    Its all over. EP is now Oxegen. Some prick had a dump in one of our tents last night. Queues everywhere. Hell on earth in places.

If it's any consolation you are making me feel better about not going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

When they cancelled oxegen I knew it would be bad news for EP.
    The same type of people who made Oxegen a living hell will eventually do the same to EP and by increasing capacity its only going to hasten its demise:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It did pretty much seem at the limit of being comfortably packed last year. Be interesting to hear more opinions on whether they have pushed it too far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

It did pretty much seem at the limit of being comfortably packed last year. Be interesting to hear more opinions on whether they have pushed it too far this year.

Yeah I think it's time to revise the capacity now,watching Future Islands here now (great set been played) but the crowds here are unreal and that's even taking into account the huge crowd that has gone to watch Dublin and Mayo match,Sunday will be hell on earth!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Jonotti

Overcrowded, bogball and 7 euro pints. EP is alive but its a very different beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I'm down on the site but have no ticket. Anyone with one for sale please PM me!

How much is a pint this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

It feels very “commercial“ this year, no different to any other festival or Marlay Park gig. Sense of quirkiness is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

jaysis!!!! first time ever reading that happening at a fest, DIRT!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

One would hope that they still, at least, have copies of "The Guardian" on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

:eek: Sad to hear, especially as last year was so epic.

How far up the scobniess scale are we talking? A few of the usual apes or a heavy downpour of tracksuits?

Thinking of making the trek in the morning.

Scoobies everywhere, along with rude entitled ****s pushing in left right and centre. Urge to kill rising

Hopefully a bout of alcohol poisoning and hypothermia will take out a lot of them tonight

Hot Chip being so smiley and fun not making me any happier for missing this :mad:

Their drummer is awesome too, and a girl! And hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

long shot, but if anyone who's heading early tomorrow happens to read this and has a spare wristband or two, PM me! Will exchange money, of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Hot chip were sublime. Made me happy they did

Happy happy of the day so far were the alvvays. Great show with a lot more kick than their record suggested

Eoghan McDermott should not be let interview anyone, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

The coverage on Rte2 leaves a lot to be desired, more shots of the presenters than actual music. BBC at Glasto it's not!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Jonotti

Who is the pee wee herman looking nonce?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

isn't sam smith the spit of boy george ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Jonotti wrote: »
    Overcrowded, bogball and 7 euro pints. EP is alive but its a very different beast.

Pints aren't actually 7 euro are they?

• Advertisement

Just watching Ham Sandwich on RTE 2 there, not a fan of them but the sound seems rubbish , likely better on site though.

Advertisement