Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

The coverage on Rte2 leaves a lot to be desired, more shots of the presenters than actual music. BBC at Glasto it's not!

That's cos RTE won't pay to licence the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what time are blur on at? will they be shown on TV?

fryup wrote: »

SHould be on next I'd would think

SHould be on next I'd would think

No, on at 11.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Being shown live at 11:30, with any luck it'll be the full set but I'm not holding my breath!

• Advertisement

Being shown live at 11:30, with any luck it'll be the full set but I'm not holding my breath!

Highly unlikely RTE will pay for the whole performance.

RTE haven't a ****ing clue what the word "comedian" means.

Highly unlikely RTE will pay for the whole performance.

If they saved on all these presenters and fancy studio they probably could have stretched for it :pac:

AH here I have to turn this poo off, even when they show Blur the sound will be rubbish from the what 4 or 5 songs shown since 9pm????

Guess theres no chance of them showing much of Manics or Interpol tomorrow.

If they saved on all these presenters and fancy studio they probably could have stretched for it

You'll find that they play a few tunes from piss poor Irish acts that cost nothing but one or two songs from real bands and crap like those two idiot so called rappers on now.

• Advertisement

You'll find that they play a few tunes from piss poor Irish acts that cost nothing but one or two songs from real bands and crap like those two idiot so called rappers on now.

Yeah seems to be the case so far, was hoping it was just for the start but looks to be the set for the night. Even though I wouldn't be a fan of his myself there's something seriously wrong with a festival show when you can hear Sam Smith live in the background, one of the bigger names on the lineup, while someone freestyles badly to fill up time!

Foals live on MTV now much more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

a poor man's glastonbury ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

RTE's coverage is absolutely unwatchable.

a poor man's glastonbury ??

Hell the Rose of Tralee was better than this rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

AH here I have to turn this poo off, even when they show Blur the sound will be rubbish from the what 4 or 5 songs shown since 9pm????

Guess theres no chance of them showing much of Manics or Interpol tomorrow.

Its desperate,oh my god,please kill me,did that twerp just ask graham coxon how he felt about headlining electric picnic??jesus wept....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Why are RTE bothering to "cover" this when they've barely showed any music?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

It's horrendous , but I keep going back , I've turned it off 4 times n went back again , watch for 2/3 mins , cringe n turn off again
    That eoin lad is the biggest gimp ever . Jenny green looks like a crack whore . Only music they show is tripe irish acts .

It's horrendous , but I keep going back , I've turned it off 4 times n went back again , watch for 2/3 mins , cringe n turn off again
    That eoin lad is the biggest gimp ever . Jenny green looks like a crack whore . Only music they show is tripe irish acts .

I'm the same , got it on mute now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

RTE about to redeem themselves with a full Blur set?.. Potentially in the top ten TV moments of the year for Irish music fans..sooo looking forward to it..

(Ive had a couple of shandys so willing to give em the benefit of the doubt) :)

Bring it On RTE..Go Crazy!!!

• Advertisement

RTE about to redeem themselves with a full Blur set?.. Potentially in the top ten TV moments of the year for Irish music fans..sooo looking forward to it..

(Ive had a couple of shandys so willing to give em the benefit of the doubt) :)

Bring it On RTE..Go Crazy!!!

Ha get out of it , based on how awful the sound was for ham sandwich earlier I give this 5 minutes , and I've had a few shandies also :pac:

wow Al's innuendos went way over the others heads :D

Ha get out of it , based on how awful the sound was for ham sandwich earlier I give this 5 minutes , and I've had a few shandies also :pac:

If they can't afford Blur can we set up one of those Go Fund Me thingys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Jesus this is awful.would u ever shut up and show some music

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

wow Al's innuendos went way over the others heads :D

Emmet stagg and the phoenix park :D

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

Lets cover Electric Picnic,and have four cretins prattle on...and show no music,well played Rte

At least well get There's no Other Way:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Saw Blur at Oxegen in 2009 and this is very similar. Fairly Blah

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Sound seems pretty good to me. Be cool if they did country house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Sound seems pretty good to me. Be cool if they did country house.

That'll be an encore song I'd imagine along with The Universal.

Advertisement