Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Meh! Sound is good, blur not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Tuned back in for Blur, really good so far, maybe RTE kept all there music licensing kitty for blur?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

callaway92 wrote: »
    Saw Blur at Oxegen in 2009 and this is very similar. Fairly Blah

Me too..was 3 rows from the barrier and pretty amazing..dont think they are doing Country House on this tour but they do all the others..The Universal is last song..so doubt well see it but..here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I saw Blur long, long ago at Feile and thought they were awful. All these years I was tormented that I'd gotten it wrong. Tonight I'll sleep well knowing I was right. Damon Albarn can produce some studio tracks but they're terrible tuneless rubbish live.

To make matters worse they're playing their dirgiest tunes for a midnight set. The crowd look asleep in any wide shots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I saw Blur long, long ago at Feile and thought they were awful. All these years I was tormented that I'd gotten it wrong. Tonight I'll sleep well knowing I was right. Damon Albarn can produce some studio tracks but they're terrible tuneless rubbish live.

To make matters worse they're playing their dirgiest tunes for a midnight set. The crowd look asleep in any wide shots

Exact same as my thoughts. I can listen away on headphones..Love them. Live just doesn't suit them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Was really starting to get into it there, Beetlebum was great, sound was surprisingly good too! A nice chunk of Future Islands & Underworld next and the show won't be a total write off!

Wow the sound quality here :(:(:(

Holy shít this is pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Cutting away from live Blur to play a terrible version of a terrible song for idiots.

Good job, RTE.

Maniac ???? :D Good night folks.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, me one singing knows she doesn't have to belt it into the mic right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

This is terrible.

Absolutely terrible.

If Kilkenny do as good a job butchering the Galway backs tomorrow as this one did to the mic there then I'll be happy I sold my ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Jays us. .that is brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

KungPao wrote: »
    Cutting away from live Blur to play a terrible version of a terrible song for idiots.

Good job, RTE.

Good to see,that little guy who played the oompa-loompa in the Charlie and the chocolate factory remake,is still alive though,albeit singing woefully in a tent in stradbally....oh dear,this really is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭prunudo

In fairness it was going ok until he gave her the mic!

Is there a copyright issue to why Blur were cut off? Some sort of "have a few songs and that's yer lot" deal?

Videos of fcking mark mccabe and the coronas could just be put up on the RTE player.

Pissed off tbh, was really enjoying Blur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Why bother its the eoghan and jenny show wit a few bits of music thrown in.

KungPao wrote: »
    Is there a copyright issue to why Blur were cut off? Some sort of "have a few songs and that's yer lot" deal?

Videos of fcking mark mccabe and the coronas could just be put up on the RTE player.

Pissed off tbh, was really enjoying Blur.

I can understand them playing Mark McCabe since he has a show on 2fm.

Luckily or Unluckily I am just about old enough to remember that too..I thought they were brilliant!..the crowd are waiting for Song 2..admittedly Damon looked like he was having a good time earlier but all the real hits are in the second half :(

"RTE are making tapes, throwing shapes and taking breaks". Nuff said, we outta here.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    I can understand them playing Mark McCabe since he has a show on 2fm.
    But during a live show from a huge band?

Watching coverage of similar shows on BBC they show bits and bobs during quiter times, not when the bleeding headliner is playing!

Are they going to go back to Blur or should I give up!?

KungPao wrote:

Broadcasters have to pay to show bands, RTE can't, or won't pay for full live sets of non small Irish bands who charge **** all. Its the same as showing live soccer or whatever

Can hear Parklife in the background while he's chatting away :(

Can hear Parklife in the background while he's chatting away
    And yer man "Here's some band from Ohio you've never heard of nor care about...let's watch a video of us talking to them for 10 minutes".

Jeebus.

Broadcasters have to pay to show bands, RTE can't, or won't pay for full live sets of non small Irish bands who charge **** all. Its the same as showing live soccer or whatever
    I hear you.

But they were bigging it up beforehand...saying to get comfortable because Damon had to dragged off the stage (literally) at around 4AM at some gig...then they cut the coverage after what, five songs?

I suppose some jobsworth bloke in a suit crunched the numbers and said "that's it, go to boring clips we recorded earlier, nevermind the viewers".

Defo one of those we'll give you a few songs things..aww well :(...guarantee the people who were there will say it was amazing and a great night..Blur always have great sound live..they are prob playing Parklife right now..but I'm NOT jealous:/

Defo one of those we'll give you a few songs things..aww well :(...guarantee the people who were there will say it was amazing and a great night..Blur always have great sound live..they are prob playing Parklife right now..but I'm NOT jealous:/
    It's not all bad - Lisa O' Neill is on now:rolleyes:

I'd say you're right, Blur were really getting into it when RTE decided to show some old clips of people nobody's really interested in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sorry but i think roisin Murphy has been a ****in travesty so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Just back at the food bit in pink moon for tea, it's cold, really cold. Blur were epic in person, crowd at front were drugged up see u next Tuesday's of the highest order. Had to back to find some sanity.

The guards badly need some undercover fresh faced recruits to stand in crowds and grab the pilled up gowls offering a bit of coke to the younger girls in exchange for a shift and a feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 celestialteapot

Is anyone leaving tomorrow and willing to let me squeeze the wristband of their wrist in exchange for money?

Advertisement