Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Is anyone leaving tomorrow and willing to let me squeeze the wristband of their wrist in exchange for money?

Official complaint going to RTE like WTF are these clueless idiots "presenting: biddy's daughter from Glenroe, yer man haircut mc demott and jenny "token OLDER person. I've no idea who the other d4 tits are. They cut Blur live's performance for what?! And that stupid bint from Glenroe interviewing Graham from blur- like hello feile Wembley kilmainham he's been round the block FF'S!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Is the EP crowd gone to the dogs this year or is it just me?

Gotta say Chvrches were excellent this evening. Alvvays were really good in the Cosby tent and the crowd were decent enough in there. Tourist finished off the night well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Delighted to be back in my warm hotel bed in portlaoise after walking through site at 2am, it was bitterly cold. Way worse than last night. Highlights today were battles, unreal. Then it all got hazy.... I don't even know if I saw hot chip, embarrassing. Worrying even, I was never that bad in my 20s. Came to in body soul chilling to meltybrain, love that place. Blur and tourist were class.

Headed to despacio for ages. I thought James Murphy just lent his name but he was there every time I was there.

Posting this now as I can't sleep, too much buckie.

Ye TV watching people are always giving out! Same as Glastonbury thread

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Jonotti

Just back at the food bit in pink moon for tea, it's cold, really cold. Blur were epic in person, crowd at front were drugged up see u next Tuesday's of the highest order. Had to back to find some sanity.

The guards badly need some undercover fresh faced recruits to stand in crowds and grab the pilled up gowls offering a bit of coke to the younger girls in exchange for a shift and a feel

You have no busuiness being at this festival if you are anti drugs. That's why it has gone to the dogs. It's full of pint drinkers that want to see acts like Blur and Manic Street Preachers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

RTE was dire, only so much inane chat I can take, it would have been better if they hadn't bothered and stuck on a Late Late rerun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

Whats the surface like down there?
    Are wellies needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

It's horrendous , but I keep going back , I've turned it off 4 times n went back again , watch for 2/3 mins , cringe n turn off again
    That eoin lad is the biggest gimp ever . Jenny green looks like a crack whore . Only music they show is tripe irish acts .

Yes because how one of the female presenters looks is impacting on the quality of the music they show, you inane little asswipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Whats the surface like down there?
    Are wellies needed?

Ground conditions are good so no need for the wellies I'm just in boots and canvas shoes when the sun is out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Pints aren't actually 7 euro are they?

€6.70 for a pint of Tiger, 6.20 for Heineken

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    €6.70 for a pint of Tiger, 6.20 for Heineken

6.20? How f&#€ing awkward is that for the punters and bar staff.

At least it'll be rounded off to 6.50 next year no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Jonotti wrote: »
    You have no busuiness being at this festival if you are anti drugs. That's why it has gone to the dogs. It's full of pint drinkers that want to see acts like Blur and Manic Street Preachers.

Bite me, the druggie element here is nasty. It's one thing the smell of weapons grade stuff being smoked, that's to be expected and couldn't give a ttoss about that. But the scoobie pilled up element is here in force and they are a dodgy bunch.

Also, you do not get to dictate what sort of person goes to an event. There's a reason they have manics and blur and I hate to burst your bubble but it's to attract pint drinkers like me as I'll pay during my weekend and make it worthwhile for heiniken to have bars here

Bite me, the druggie element here is nasty. It's one thing the smell of weapons grade stuff being smoked, that's to be expected and couldn't give a ttoss about that. But the scoobie pilled up element is here in force and they are a dodgy bunch.

Also, you do not get to dictate what sort of person goes to an event. There's a reason they have manics and blur and I hate to burst your bubble but it's to attract pint drinkers like me as I'll pay during my weekend and make it worthwhile for heiniken to have bars here

Yeah I do. EP was created by pillheads for pillheads. Unfortunately those days are over because the middle of the road dry ****es like yourself moved in en masse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

The guards badly need some undercover fresh faced recruits to stand in crowds and grab the pilled up gowls offering a bit of coke to the younger girls in exchange for a shift and a feel

Do you honesty think the Guards need to re-design their recruitment policy and set-up a task force to specifically address that issue? Is it that big of a problem, or did you just see it happen once, maybe twice, at a music festival attended by over 50,000 people?

Do you honesty think the Guards need to re-design their recruitment policy and set-up a task force to specifically address that issue? Is it that big of a problem, or did you just see it happen once, maybe twice, at a music festival attended by over 50,000 people?

Nah. Just an angry idea. First fifteen mins of.blur were a mess in the area I was in due to ****wits trying to offer coke left right and centre and having bro moments with their clients

Yeah I do. EP was created by pillheads for pillheads. Unfortunately those days are over because the middle of the road dry ****es like yourself moved in en masse.

By pill heads for pill heads.

Get te ****

Get te ****

Were you there in 2004? Do you know the people involved from the Dublin club scene at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

paulbok wrote: »
    6.20? How f&#€ing awkward is that for the punters and bar staff.

At least it'll be rounded off to 6.50 next year no doubt.

F**k the bar staff! You should see the loose change in my pocket, awkward as fook!!

Must say I don't feel the crowd is bad, there are plenty here for their first EP, but I think most are getting onboard with the EP vibe.
    There are some very young looking people here but in my view the average age appears to be a bit older this year?

It was very cold last night, the extra clothes paid off! I MUST SAY THE WEATHER HAS BEEN PERFECT!! Sun out yesterday was really nice. Ground good conditions been in a pair of runners all weekend, didn't even take the wellies out of the car!

Alvvays in Cosby were just ok, the sound was pretty terrible. I don't know if their monitor levels were wrong and they couldn't hear properly but I felt their tunning was off a bit as was their timing. Molly clearly had a cold or throat issue.

Future Islands, excellent!

Enjoyed the war on drugs (I seen a lady wearing a purple hat and playing the spoons! In the corner ;) ) really captivating and mellow but laid down the hard riffs also that got the crowd going. The vocals were slightly frustrating, most songs were in a slightly different pitch and timing, done on purpose of course,

Chvrches were surprisingly excellent! EA was jammed. I've seen them a few times now, but really felt they moved on, and have cranked their performance up to a new level.

Had to make a hard decision, went to Jon Hopkins instead of blur, wasn't disappointed at all! Epic!
    The guy is a genius and takes the crowd on a journey top marks!!

Get te ****

He has a point I'm afraid. First year in about 10 I chose not to go. Way too watered down and corporate now.

Just a money fest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Bahahahahaha

Bahahahahaha

Says the lad who was 9 when the first one happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Pints aren't actually 7 euro are they?

6.20 for Heineken, 6.70 for Pauliner, Tiger etc. If you sell tickets for 150 euro you have to make money somewhere.

Says the lad who was 9 when the first one happened.

Except I wasnt born in 95, but you didnt swear and had decent grammar so good try.

Except I wasnt born in 95, but you didnt swear and had decent grammar so good try.

You're a student so I doubt the age is far off. But please feel free to offer an alternative view on the 2004 electric picnic and how it compares to today.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Fatfrog wrote: »
    F**k the bar staff! You should see the loose change in my pocket, awkward as fook!!

Must say I don't feel the crowd is bad, there are plenty here for their first EP, but I think most are getting onboard with the EP vibe.
    There are some very young looking people here but in my view the average age appears to be a bit older this year?

Agree, it doesn't seem that busy either. It seemed a lot more manic and overcrowded last year. Body and Soul has been particularly quiet so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Why on earth is cannabis "to be expected" and yet people taking pills and powders aren't? Have you been to this festival before? In fact, have you been to a festival in the past 15 years?

Also, I'd like to see a breakdown of the numbers to see just what 'pint drinkers' like yourself are worth to the promoter, because I suspect you're nowhere near as important as you think. 'Bring your own booze' festivals are becoming more and more popular, especially in the UK, and yet the quality of the line-ups and end-product has not suffered because of it. So I suspect alcohol sales are an important, although by no means crucial, aspect of the promoter's profit strategy

Were you there in 2004? Do you know the people involved from the Dublin club scene at the time?

That crew had drug rumours alright but they set up the festival to make money not out of altruistic motives, happy e heads are grand. The new generation are nastier and not social festival citizens

You're a student so I doubt the age is far off. But please feel free to offer an alternative view on the 2004 electric picnic and how it compares to today.

Well it depends. For those who enjoy generic dance beats supplied by whichever DJ is current flavour while fecked outta their brains on pills the fact that instrument playing bands like Blur are now entering the show would certainly be horrifying.

But this shouldnt have been a suprise as the line-ups werent exactly secret. And amazingly Blur fans will want to see Blur. If you want a generic drug festival vibe you should try perhaps Sziget. Although judging by your comments you seem to be reaching an unusual age to be attending such drug feulled festivals. There is always a few old lads though so you'd still be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

glasto012.jpg

Well it depends. For those who enjoy generic dance beats supplied by whichever DJ is current flavour while fecked outta their brains on pills the fact that instrument playing bands like Blur are now entering the show would certainly be horrifying.

But this shouldnt have been a suprise as the line-ups werent exactly secret. And amazingly Blur fans will want to see Blur. If you want a generic drug festival vibe you should try perhaps Sziget. Although judging by your comments you seem to be reaching an unusual age to be attending such drug feulled festivals. There is always a few old lads though so you'd still be welcome.

You have no clue. Instrument playing bands?

None of that dance muck for our 19 years old fogey. Without drugs and dancing I honestly don't see the point of festivals. Anyway, you've got a bit of life to live still and I'd be interested to hear your attitude at my age which is not a particularly old age. I felt on the young side in the Berghain a few weeks back.

• Advertisement

You have no clue. Instrument playing bands?

None of that dance muck for our 19 years old fogey. Without drugs and dancing I honestly don't see the point of festivals. Anyway, you've got a bit of life to live still and I'd be interested to hear your attitude at my age which is not a particularly old age. I felt on the young side in the Berghain a few weeks back.

Of course you did.

Advertisement