Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

This post has been deleted.

I remember them taking applications for volunteers last year, and advertising it on facebook etc so they definitely did take volunteers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just a FYI, volunteering for the fest should only be done if you genuinely want to help out at the festival. If your doing it for a free ticket then you'll hate it.

Keep in mind some of the jobs are awful too. (ie standing infront of a gate miles from the festival at 4am).

I'd suggest trying to volunteer via Body & Soul rather then the EP, as they have more of "better" jobs.

Hate it? Really? It's a mixture of both for me really though. I can't afford to go to EP this year but I've volunteered at smaller festivals before and enjoyed it. I've always found the administrative side of festivals interesting and think it would be worth volunteering at a bigger fest to see how I find it. Honestly I would have no problem at all guarding gates or supervising parking lots and stuff like that. I'll check out the Body & Soul avenue too, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

AoifeBurke wrote: »
    Hate it? Really? It's a mixture of both for me really though. I can't afford to go to EP this year but I've volunteered at smaller festivals before and enjoyed it. I've always found the administrative side of festivals interesting and think it would be worth volunteering at a bigger fest to see how I find it. Honestly I would have no problem at all guarding gates or supervising parking lots and stuff like that. I'll check out the Body & Soul avenue too, thanks.

This is a first hand view of volunteering at the weekend when I first started volunteering for the Picnic in 2011, I hope it gives you a feel for what its like, a sorta music review whilst talking about volunteering and the ins and outs of the festival. https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/working-for-your-festival-ticket/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Leeds and Reading (Also festival republic) just announced more acts.
    Mumford &Sons headlining. Just really hope they're not added to the EP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

even if they are, there'll always be someone worth watching in a tent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Noel Gallagher is playing in Dublin the same day as the EP launch. Has there been any mention of an act making an appearance at the launch? I really hope he's not announced but would he be a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

lc180 wrote: »
    Noel Gallagher is playing in Dublin the same day as the EP launch. Has there been any mention of an act making an appearance at the launch? I really hope he's not announced but would he be a possibility?

I think he's a dead cert, he's on the festival circuit this summer and has a new album out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They've officially announced on their facebook that next Wednesday they will be announcing new acts and tickets will go back on sale. They seem to be playing it down though, they just said "we will be announcing new acts", hopefully it's a main announcement and not just a few acts.. Initially I enjoyed them drip feeding one or two acts at a time like Belle & Sebastien, Jon Hopkins etc but it's been going on so long now I just want a big announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dannyirishman

Happy Mondays, Charlatans or James would be amazing.

Have a feeling the Mondays could be on the card this year.

Snarky Snark Snark

oh dear god no, happy mondays would have me diving into a tent or even me own tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

James would be ****ing immense. I missed them when they last played here at the Olympia. Seriously under-rated band in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

even if they are, there'll always be someone worth watching in a tent

M&S are big bucks, worried more so about the remaining budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Fingers crossed M&S and florence are playing T vital instead of ep, just remembered about T vital. Florence played there a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

The early birds are only on sale for 5 days :(

I'm in England for the next couple of months so have no way of proving I was at it the past few years, pain in the arse.

DaveSuarez wrote: »

I'm in England for the next couple of months so have no way of proving I was at it the past few years, pain in the arse.

Facebook pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

everlast75 wrote: »
    James would be ****ing immense. I missed them when they last played here at the Olympia. Seriously under-rated band in my opinion

seen them last year at Benicassim and was a major highlight of the weekend.
    serious band

Snarky Snark Snark

DaveSuarez wrote: »

Either the initial early sale went better than expected or more likely it's an attempt to stump up demand before they "relent" and issue more early birds later on.

It's still over 6 months away after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Interesting visual analysis of the lack of female artists in festival lineups. I had a quick look at last year's EP lineup and I'm glad say women were more fairly represented than in the below examples.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/irish-festivals-lineups-women-1958673-Feb2015/

They've officially announced on their facebook that next Wednesday they will be announcing new acts and tickets will go back on sale. They seem to be playing it down though, they just said "we will be announcing new acts", hopefully it's a main announcement and not just a few acts.. Initially I enjoyed them drip feeding one or two acts at a time like Belle & Sebastien, Jon Hopkins etc but it's been going on so long now I just want a big announcement!

Ferris its definitely the official launch as Chocolate Factory confirmed that the EP 2015 launch will be taking place there on March 4th.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed M&S and florence are playing T vital instead of ep, just remembered about T vital. Florence played there a couple of years ago

Don't forget Belsonic festival and Celtronic too.

• Advertisement

Don't forget Belsonic festival and Celtronic too.

True, not so much celtronic though, it's an electronic festival.

I see David Gilmour is doing a tour starting in May and carrying on through to the end of October, he is playing the US around most of August and is going to be starting a British tour around September, five dates have been selected for September, none of the tour is marked in days as yet, just select days allotted to each month left blank, Manchester, London and Glasgow are listed for these September dates. If the Picnic can scoop Plant why not Gilmour. http://www.davidgilmourtour.com/tour-dates.html

Snarky Snark Snark

I would gladly sell my left nut to see Gilmour live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Gilmour has been my Pie in the Sky Bowie/Daft Punk/Aphex Twin out there mad dream for shagging yearsssss!! Don't tease me like that!!

Snarky Snark Snark

Bowie i've seen twice, but would give the other nut to see again

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

sadie06 wrote: »
    Interesting visual analysis of the lack of female artists in festival lineups. I had a quick look at last year's EP lineup and I'm glad say women were more fairly represented than in the below examples.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/irish-festivals-lineups-women-1958673-Feb2015/
    I don't see why it's so shocking that festivals which have the bulk of their lineup filled out out by rock, indie or electronic acts are mainly comprised of male artists, given the fact that most of the artists involved in these genres are male. Maybe if more women started jamming with their friends, digging through crates or messing about on Ableton you'd see a more balanced representation of the sexes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I don't see why it's so shocking that festivals which have the bulk of their lineup filled out out by rock, indie or electronic acts are mainly comprised of male artists, given the fact that most of the artists involved in these genres are male. Maybe if more women started jamming with their friends, digging through crates or messing about on Ableton you'd see a more balanced representation of the sexes.

Not sure how to reply to that, especially the accusatory finish! I never said it was shocking. I said it was interesting. I also said I was happy to see that EP do a little better in reaching a better gender balance.

Plenty of women involved in the indie and rock scene, and the alternative pop, trad, folk, fusion, jazz scenes, lots of whom I have seen spring up on the lineup in recent years. Keep them coming and give us more I say!

I worked in the music industry for many many years, and I know what it's like to be a woman in that environment. It's not easy. You are judged on how you look by 90% of the giant egos you have to deal with. Many can't or won't tough it out. I didn't post the link to be provocative, but I think your post exemplifies a certain attitude around women in music. Maybe I am misinterpreting your tone.

Are there no female artists you would like to see added to the lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Im hoping JAMES are on the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nettle

DaveSuarez wrote:

I can mail you a pic of the lam yards if you like you can send it onto them and they will email you a code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

Happy Mondays touring this year, Shiine Festival
    Could well be a number of those acts on the cards for EP.
    Touring, cheap to book and attractive to those circling age 40.

Advertisement