Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

paulbok wrote: »
    ...attractive to those circling age 40.

You can definitely count me in that demographic.

Would love to see The Wonder Stuff on the bill, probably a sign of my advancing years that I can't remember where I saw them in the '90s - but they were awesome.

T'Mondays would also be fab.

On a side note, I see "The Clone Roses" on the Shiine bill.

Every year I wonder why there aren't a couple of tribute bands at festivals like EP - surely it's the perfect spot for a Beatles/Stones/ABBA tribute act to show up and entertain the troops?

Perfect early afternoon entertainment I would have thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Every year I wonder why there aren't a couple of tribute bands at festivals like EP - surely it's the perfect spot for a Beatles/Stones/ABBA tribute act to show up and entertain the troops?

There's an entire festival for that already

http://www.glastonbudget.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Y

Well, Tradiohead were one of my highlights last year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

You can definitely count me in that demographic.

Would love to see The Wonder Stuff on the bill, probably a sign of my advancing years that I can't remember where I saw them in the '90s - but they were awesome.

T'Mondays would also be fab.

On a side note, I see "The Clone Roses" on the Shiine bill.

There's usually a tribute act in the trailor park, we seen a great Johnny Cash tribute band a few years ago.. and there was supposed to be a beatles one last year one of the afternoons but they didnt show up, we were raging :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I don't see why it's so shocking that festivals which have the bulk of their lineup filled out out by rock, indie or electronic acts are mainly comprised of male artists, given the fact that most of the artists involved in these genres are male. Maybe if more women started jamming with their friends, digging through crates or messing about on Ableton you'd see a more balanced representation of the sexes.

You'd almost think they were preempting a Florence announcement next week, so that they can then say, "we pointed it out and the promoters listened!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Citroen2cv

Does anyone know when tickets for EP are on sale again, or are they all sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Metallica on the Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Would love to see Modest Mouse, Paul Kalkbrenner, Brand New, Chrvches, Counting Crows, Damien Rice, The National, Joyce Manor...
    Dunno how likely any of them are but I reckon there's a decent chance of Modest Mouse palying considering theyre doing a few festivals this summer + Have a new album out.. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Super Furry Animals seem to be up to something this year, would love an appearance at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

This is a first hand view of volunteering at the weekend when I first started volunteering for the Picnic in 2011, I hope it gives you a feel for what its like, a sorta music review whilst talking about volunteering and the ins and outs of the festival.

Looks great, I'll check it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

This is a first hand view of volunteering at the weekend when I first started volunteering for the Picnic in 2011, I hope it gives you a feel for what its like, a sorta music review whilst talking about volunteering and the ins and outs of the festival.

Looks great, I'll check it out! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Nettle wrote: »
    I can mail you a pic of the lam yards if you like you can send it onto them and they will email you a code?

My mate back home is getting it sorted for both of us, cheers for the offer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

There's an entire festival for that already

http://www.glastonbudget.org/

Anyone remember the DJ Shadow tribute band in 2009 , no?? thought not. I was one of around 30 people there, it was main stage sunday afternoon and it was raining. They were great though , they did all his stuff as a live band which is a pretty impressive feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Ruanmcg wrote: »
    Would love to see Modest Mouse, Paul Kalkbrenner, Brand New, Chrvches, Counting Crows, Damien Rice, The National, Joyce Manor...
    Dunno how likely any of them are but I reckon there's a decent chance of Modest Mouse palying considering theyre doing a few festivals this summer + Have a new album out.. Fingers crossed!
    I'm pretty sure Chvrches are done touring for another while. They're working on new material at the moment so an EP appearance could be slim.

Brand New would be amazing to see since they've been away for about 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Would love to see Chvrches, missed out on them last year and loved there album.
    There down for one festival in July, still a possibility maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Citroen2cv wrote: »
    Does anyone know when tickets for EP are on sale again, or are they all sold out?

Loyalty tickets are on sale again on 4th March until midnight on 8th March and then the tickets go up to €194.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Would love to see Chvrches, missed out on them last year and loved there album.
    There down for one festival in July, still a possibility maybe.

I'd be very surprised if they did, they pretty much toured non stop in 2014 and are recording their 2nd album at the moment so I doubt they'll be doing much during hte Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

3rd and final installment (Thank Christ) goes through "in or around" the 27th which is today.

Nothing taken from the account yet, so get the pennies in the bank by tomorrow

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

AoifeBurke wrote: »
    Looks great, I'll check it out!

Festival republic also take a large number of volunteers for wristbanding every year and its a wonderful opportunity to get foot in the door with the company and theres potential for paid work and work at their uk festivals.

Theres a slight delay in submissions, but very shortly more info will be available this year and having been involved last decade in some shape or form I'm happy to answer any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

In addition to James, I would love to see Feeder, who also played here last year and I missed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Three/O2 presale from Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Super Furry Animals have announced 5 gigs in May! Wooohoo!!!!

They must surely be heading out on the festival circuit after that wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

McTigs wrote: »
    They must surely be heading out on the festival circuit after that wha?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Don't jinx it!

SFA OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Last instalment just charged to my card

Come ooooooon August

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

maximoose wrote: »
    Last instalment just charged to my card

Come ooooooon August
    Crap! Was meant to book flights today... there goes that notion :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Interesting to see who the headliners now almost every mid-sized festival seems to be done adding big acts.
    Florence surely bailed on. No Prodigy date in Ireland yet asaik, they should be a good shout surely? Not many other big dance acts around that havent played recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Hoping for Underworld to be added..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 savannabanana

Might be a long shot, but does anyone have an extra discount code they'd be willing to give me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Hell Yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 oconnell122

Here's hoping brandon flowers makes an appearance on the line up..

Advertisement