Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

hope not. The killers headlining still stands out as the worst decision the bookers ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Loyalty tickets back on sale March 4th.

Can I submit my photos now or do I wait until March 4th

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Okay based off the rumours, who is around and who has been announced for other festivals so far, I'm gonna guess that Wednesday night will leave us with something like this afterwards:

FLORENCE + THE MACHINE UNDERWORLD CHEMICAL BROTHERS
    BELLE & SEBASTIAN TAME IMPALA WAR ON DRUGS GRACE JONES
    FUTURE ISLANDS MARK LANEGAN BAND DJANGO DJANGO GEORGE EZRA
    MY MORNING JACKET ALVVAYS FAT WHITE FAMILY DUKE DUMONT
    JUNGLE JAMIE XX TODD TERJE ANNIE MAC JON HOPKINS ROISIN MURPHY

Some of that might be wishful thinking but all are touring this year, I don't think there are many already playing Ireland this year so...

If this was it, there's definitely some stuff in there I'd be happy with but nothing too amazing. If I didn't have my ticket, this wouldn't make me buy one, but it wouldn't make me sell either!!

But I'm basing this purely on guesswork so any correlation is purely coincidental!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Okay based off the rumours, who is around and who has been announced for other festivals so far, I'm gonna guess that Wednesday night will leave us with something like this afterwards:

Some of that might be wishful thinking but all are touring this year, I don't think there are many already playing Ireland this year so...

If this was it, there's definitely some stuff in there I'd be happy with but nothing too amazing. If I didn't have my ticket, this wouldn't make me buy one, but it wouldn't make me sell either!!

But I'm basing this purely on guesswork so any correlation is purely coincidental!!

EDIT: Add Frank & Walters, the Vincents and Elastic Sleep too. Maybe not the first announcement but I would say that trio and Talos are close to a dead cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Chemical Brothers, Jamie xx, Todd Terje and Jungle all playing Longitude or Forbidden Fruit, so ruled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Duke Dumont and Jungle played last year, unless they come back at a higher billing either in a bigger tent or main stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Long shots I know. But would love if Madness , Judas Priest , The Specials , and Motorhead somehow got on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Would anybody be able to pm me a pic of three of their bands or something along those lines from previous years to use for a loyalty discount. Have been twice but won't be at home over the next two weeks to get my bands (if I can even find them). You're all sound. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Would be nice to see if Billy Bragg came back again

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

I'm thinking bigger acts may be, Friday eurythmics, Saturday faithless and underworld, Sunday blur, also maybe Jamie t, Billy Bragg, btw if anyone has spare code for loyalty ticketd I'd really appreciate it

Probably a bit of wishful thinking on all scores :-)

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'm thinking bigger acts may be, Friday eurythmics, Saturday faithless and underworld, Sunday blur, also maybe Jamie t, Billy Bragg

That sort of thing would make what will be by then the 43 year old me very happy but I'm also aware that that it would be verging almost like on old farts festival type vibe which is not a good thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The 28 year old in me would love the eurythmics! I love Annie Lennox

Snarky Snark Snark

Yarp but headliners composed of legacy acts are not a good thing for any festival (unless it's a dedicated legacy festival), it could damage the selling ability to younger audiences and some of those acts carry hefty price tags which leaves dribbles left to pay the newer acts on the circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

10309186_10153132273929168_5124026798319153295_n.png?oh=db635a35fa7b88a8621db778190bb392&oe=5580BD5A

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

I still have 2 loyalty codes from back in october i think it was. Would they still be usable when they back on sale this week? If so does anybody want? They are 175 euro ones tho

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

A.Gorilla wrote:
    I still have 2 loyalty codes from back in october i think it was. Would they still be usable when they back on sale this week? If so does anybody want? They are 175 euro ones tho

Don't think so, I had to be issued with new ones when I bought...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Rock En Seine (end of August) & Lolapalooza Berlin(September) both announce acts on Monday & Tuesday. Should give an indication of who is doing the festival circuit in Europe at the end of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yarp but headliners composed of legacy acts are not a good thing for any festival (unless it's a dedicated legacy festival), it could damage the selling ability to younger audiences and some of those acts carry hefty price tags which leaves dribbles left to pay the newer acts on the circuit.

Yea agreed! It's important not to OD on these acts, but imagine most are cheaper, getting a big name 'headliner' for relatively little cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Royal blood are at Reading, it's likely that FR booked them for the picnic also.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

With Metallica being at Reading , Is there any possibility they get on the lineup?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Metallica would be between north of 500k per gig and Reading is a much bigger festival (headcount wise) than EP

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Strokes are announcing a London show tomorrow i think. Would love to see them at Picnic.

Royal Blood need to play , Would be a great EA arena headliner imo against someone like FATM ha

Yea cant see Metallica headlining and would be a massive random booking

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

WE WANT BLUR!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd love if Royal Blood would play, got tickets to see them at the Workman's Club last year and I had no one to go with, was sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

siblers wrote: »
    I'd love if Royal Blood would play, got tickets to see them at the Workman's Club last year and I had no one to go with, was sickened.

So you didn't go??? I was given a ticket for the Academy gig and merrily went along by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Line up for Lolapalooza Berlin in middle of September
    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Seeed
    Beatsteaks
    The Libertines
    Sam Smith
    Bastille
    Parov Stelar Band
    Fatboy Slim
    Martin Garrix
    Tame Impala – Only festival show 2015
    Dog Blood (Skrillex & Boys Noize)
    Hot Chip
    Chvrches
    Robin Schulz
    Kygo
    Belle & Sebastian
    FFS (Franz Ferdinand & Sparks)
    Mighty Oaks
    Run The Jewels
    My Morning Jacket
    Little Dragon
    Crystal Fighters
    Clean Bandit
    MS MR
    James Bay
    Glass Animals
    Everything Everything
    Dada Life
    Digitalism
    Klangkarussell (DJ-Set)
    Wolf Alice
    Pond
    Felix Jaehn
    Razz

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Ticket bought! Finally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Wishful thinking (but with two days to go, why not) I would love Beth Orton and more particularly Aimee Mann to be on the list.

I particularly do not want to see Sam Smith and M&S's on the list, but I'll find somewhere else to be if they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

That's Tame Impala gone, sickened :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The Strokes are announcing a London show tomorrow i think. Would love to see them at Picnic.

Twas a Strokes/Beck/Future Islands outdoor gig in London

I'll take all 3 please :)

Advertisement