Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Just wondering does anybody know if family camping tickets will become available again or are they gone for this year. I have 2 two children aged 9 and 7, would it be ok to camp in main campsite with kids?? Is it even allowed?? also can anybody give me an idea of their experiences of taking kids to EP and what was there for them to do. All info welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I would suggest that kids in the main camp sites would be a really bad idea, lots and lots of drunken peoples and it can look like a refugee camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

That what I was afraid of, that would be a big concern. I'm a newbie so drunken debauchery and "inappropriate" behaviour outside a family tent could be an issue. Trying to sell this as a family friendly weekend to a reluctant wife so humans p***ing against the tent at 4am could be slightly offputting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Does anyone remember the big tree on the left side of the Jimi Hendrix camp site maybe half way between the portaloos and the amusement rides...needless to say it was a swamp of p*ss by the end of the weekend, horrible stuff...but necessary at times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

People pissing against it are the least of the concerns, noise, potential for theft, etc... Far too dodgy a situation to have young kids in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

lc80 wrote:
    Tame Impala – Only festival show 2015
    That's Tame Impala gone, sickened :(

I don't understand. They're playing several festivals in 2015. Coachella, Bestival, Festival Paredes DeCoura, Lowlands, Boston Calling, Sasquatch and one or two others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Layne wrote: »
    That what I was afraid of, that would be a big concern. I'm a newbie so drunken debauchery and "inappropriate" behaviour outside a family tent could be an issue. Trying to sell this as a family friendly weekend to a reluctant wife so humans p***ing against the tent at 4am could be slightly offputting!!

There used to be a quiet camping area .. which years ago was actually quiet ..in recent years it was closer to regular camping and not as quiet, if it even exists anymore???

Joplin campsite was very civilised last year and quiet with plenty of room, although it is a long trek down to the main site. If you can put up with the trek it would be your best bet.

look here: http://www.independent.ie/incoming/article30537939.ece/BINARY/EP%20MAP.png

Do not camp in Hendrix / Warhol / Wilde with kids. Joplin would be fine .. not sure about Chaplin, but possibly OK.

you might find some family camping tickets on toutless.com nearer the date that you could buy/swap for your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

Does anyone remember the big tree on the left side of the Jimi Hendrix camp site maybe half way between the portaloos and the amusement rides...needless to say it was a swamp of p*ss by the end of the weekend, horrible stuff...but necessary at times :pac:

Rule #1 for electric picnic
    Do not camp beside a tree at electric picnic

We were camped a nice bit away from it but you had to walk passed it en route to the arena...ah they were good times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Chemical Brothers, Jamie xx, Todd Terje and Jungle all playing Longitude or Forbidden Fruit, so ruled out.

also Jungle played last year .. EP never rarely books 2 years in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I would suggest that kids in the main camp sites would be a really bad idea, lots and lots of drunken peoples and it can look like a refugee camp.

I've been to EP around half a dozen times, and last year we brought our kid (3yo) for the first time. He had a great time.

We were in family camping which I was quite impressed with. Totally seperate to the "refugee camp" which main camping most definitely resembles from early Saturday morning, and there's a big kids play area with organised fun during the day nearby as well.

Definitely wouldn't bring kids to main camping - and I am totally fine with bringing them to the festival itself (many aren't, I know...)

With or without kids, I'm not sure I ever want to experience EP in the main campsites again having been through the family camping experience last year (and enjoyed it).

Missing the whole "drunken people falling against my tent" experience (and also the "sh1t where is hell is my tent?" as the drunken me tries to find my green tent in amongst the 3057 other green tents) was a good thing for sure.

There's clearly demand for more family camping - maybe they'll announce more tickets???? You'd have to think they'll do something for 2016 if not this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Don't bring your kids to the main campsites. If you do, your wife will probably end up insisting that you leave by Saturday morning.

If you can't get your hands on a pair of family camping tickets, I suggest that you buy your tickets and attend as day trippers with the kids if you live near enough. There is loads to do and see for children!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just wondering does anybody know if family camping tickets will become available again or are they gone for this year. I have 2 two children aged 9 and 7, would it be ok to camp in main campsite with kids?? Is it even allowed?? also can anybody give me an idea of their experiences of taking kids to EP and what was there for them to do. All info welcome!!

Sorry to say but someone asked the same question on the EP facebook page recently, EP replied to say family camping tickets are completely sold out. I recommend going on either Toutless.com or the Electric Picnic forum and maybe appealing to someone to swap. I bought a family camping ticket by accident in 2010 and managed to swap for a normal camping ticket through the EP forum, so I dare say you could do the reverse, its quite easy to mistakenly buy the family one, no harm in trying anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Did Wolf Alice play last year? I'd love to see them but I vaguely remember hearing they were playing last year before I knew who they were :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Seaaan123

That's Tame Impala gone, sickened :(

Why does that mean they're gone? They're in Liverpool on sep 9th. Surely a good chance of ep?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mumford and Sons have announced their own headline show in Scotland in August

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

Did Wolf Alice play last year? I'd love to see them but I vaguely remember hearing they were playing last year before I knew who they were :(

Yes they did. They were awesome.

They are playing longitude this year.

Seaaan123 wrote: »
    Why does that mean they're gone? They're in Liverpool on sep 9th. Surely a good chance of ep?
    lc180 wrote: »
    Line up for Lolapalooza Berlin in middle of September

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Seeed
    Beatsteaks
    The Libertines
    Sam Smith
    Bastille
    Parov Stelar Band
    Fatboy Slim
    Martin Garrix
    Tame Impala – Only festival show 2015
    Dog Blood (Skrillex & Boys Noize)
    Hot Chip
    Chvrches
    Robin Schulz
    Kygo
    Belle & Sebastian
    FFS (Franz Ferdinand & Sparks)
    Mighty Oaks
    Run The Jewels
    My Morning Jacket
    Little Dragon
    Crystal Fighters
    Clean Bandit
    MS MR
    James Bay
    Glass Animals
    Everything Everything
    Dada Life
    Digitalism
    Klangkarussell (DJ-Set)
    Wolf Alice
    Pond
    Felix Jaehn
    Razz

Hopefully it's bull as I would absolutely love to see them at EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Hopefully it's bull as I would absolutely love to see them at EP!

Pretty sure that's means only festival appearance in Germany this year. It doesn't rule them out for EP

lc180 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's means only festival appearance in Germany this year. It doesn't rule them out for EP

Oh, spot on then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Tame Impala have to be there!!

Sadie was hoping Beth Orton and the chemical bros both being there! They could do an awesome "where do I begin"
    Beth by herself would nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I definitely would not recommend camping in the main campsite with kids.

EP is primarily a festival for adults doing adult things. Pissing up against your tent would be the least of your worries.

If you managed to convince your wife to camp in the main campsite you'd be packing up and leaving by half way through the Friday night. Not worth the hassle for you.

Rule No. 2, don't sit directly under a tree or up against a barrier or make shift wall, you will be sitting in piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Yesss, it's looking more likely that churches will be at ep. fingers crossed.

Bands I really want to see this summer
    Hot chip
    chvrches
    django django
    tame impala

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sorry to post a pretty common question (especially when I am not a newbie to EP:eek:) but loyalty tickets go on sale tomorrow, how do you get your code if you have proof you have been to 3 or more picnics?
    Do you email ticketmaster and they send you back a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Chvrches are playing V festival in August aswell, probably a good chance they'll be announced tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

sorry to post a pretty common question (especially when I am not a newbie to EP:eek:) but loyalty tickets go on sale tomorrow, how do you get your code if you have proof you have been to 3 or more picnics?
    Do you email ticketmaster and they send you back a code?

Send a short e-mail to picnicoffer(at)festivalrepublic(dot)com with your evidence attached. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

'The official date for the end of the discount offer is Midnight on Sunday 8th March 2015 and you will not be able to use this code after this time.'
    So anyone with a code, use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

Hey did anyone here get the installment plan already? They haven't taken the second installment and they should have at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

After looking around at different festivals, who's touring, past picnics and some chat on here I was hoping I'd be able to guess what we might see in the announcement tomorrow, very difficult to guess who will make an appearance at EP though, always hopeful they have a surprise or two up their sleeve. For what it's worth this is the list I came up with.

Florence & The Machine
    Underworld

The War on Drugs
    Tame Impala
    The Jacksons
    Grace Jones
    Hot Chip

Roisin Murphy
    George Ezra
    Jon Hopkins
    Belle & Sebastien
    Flying Lotus
    Run The Jewels
    Gorgon City
    Future Islands
    Kate Tempest
    Flight Facilities
    Pond
    Sleaford Mods
    Django Django
    Alvvways
    Chet Faker

A lot of them I haven't even listened to but seem to pop up on a lot of festival line ups over the summer, while others appear at just one other festival but I could see them playing EP. No idea who the third headliner could be but I'd be pretty surprised if Underworld and FATM weren't announced at this stage. Overall if that was the jist of it tomorrow I'd be fairly underwhelmed, but they always seem to have a habit of pulling a rabbit out of the hat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah I've had it with guessing at this stage, will just go with the flow and work at the festival anyway, was doing a lot of guessing last year which didn't come to much, so looking forward to a few surprises tomorrow.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement