Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Robert7jjj

Take it with a grain of salt obviously , But I have been informed by a source close to POD(who has been correct past 2 years) that tomorrows lineup will contain Kasabian , Florence , Charlie XCX , Underworld & Basement Jaxx. Again I no this seems like just guess work but thats what I have been told. The "source"(My cousin lol) has been correct in the past. We will know for sure in less than 24 hours anyways!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Ugh kasabian.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Kasabian Played in Ireland twice before xmas do they really need to come back already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Kasabian Played in Ireland twice before xmas do they really need to come back already?

How can we miss them if they won't go away? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

NGHFB ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

NGHFB ???

In the immortal words of the virgin mary, come again?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

In the immortal words of the virgin mary, come again?

High Flying Birds are a possibility for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

NGHFB ???

I would say so, he is heavly on the festival circuit and playing tomorrow so he'll be in Dublin

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Robert7jjj wrote: »
    Take it with a grain of salt obviously , But I have been informed by a source close to POD(who has been correct past 2 years) that tomorrows lineup will contain Kasabian , Florence , Charlie XCX , Underworld & Basement Jaxx. Again I no this seems like just guess work but thats what I have been told. The "source"(My cousin lol) has been correct in the past. We will know for sure in less than 24 hours anyways!.
    :D:D:D:D

Honestly I am hoping he is wrong. That potential lineup does nothing for me personally. Still hoping for the Prodigy!. Although I realize they would attract a good few scauldies to the festival lol

• Advertisement

Also , I am not up on my mainstream music but I have no idea who or what a Charile XCX is. But according to him she will be on the lineup come tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Joyrex is dropping hints that Aphex Twin might be going on a tour in the We Are The Music Makers forum, fingers crossed that EP might be part of his schedule.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cian_M

If the headliners are any of:
    Kasabian
    Noel Gallagher
    Blur
    Black Keys
    The Libertines
    Radiohead (longshot but heres to hoping what with the new album)

I would be chuffed, I think one of these might be likely as they are all active over the summer.

The lesser bands that I would love to see, that also have a possibility of playing:
    Future Island (must be a shoe in)
    Tame Impala
    The Tallest Man on Earth
    Alvvays
    Mac Demarco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Twin Peaks
    Ought
    Run the Jewels (probably not, on account of Forbidden Fruit)
    Hot Chip
    Digitalism
    Villagers
    Everything Everything
    Modest Mouse
    The Wytches
    Johnny Marr
    Manchester Orchestra
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Viet Cong

Oh and I would love if Jamie T was there, I think he probably will play as he hasn't announced any Irish dates and he seems to be doing a few festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Cian_M wrote: »
    If the headliners are any of:
    Kasabian
    Noel Gallagher

Blur
    Black Keys
    The Libertines

Radiohead (longshot but heres to hoping what with the new album)

I would be chuffed, I think one of these might be likely as they are all active over the summer.

The lesser bands that I would love to see, that also have a possibility of playing:
    Future Island (must be a shoe in)
    Tame Impala
    The Tallest Man on Earth
    Alvvays
    Mac Demarco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Twin Peaks
    Ought
    Run the Jewels (probably not, on account of Forbidden Fruit)
    Hot Chip
    Digitalism
    Villagers
    Everything Everything
    Modest Mouse
    The Wytches
    Johnny Marr
    Manchester Orchestra
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Viet Cong

You never would have gotten them at Electric Picnic in the past but after the Killers set a precedent, who knows?

Yeah I know, also I'm hoping the fact that both Kasabian and Noel both play over in Ireland a number of times when touring a new album. So hopefully one of them will play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

There were a few more current chart acts last year like clean bandit, the 1975, Hozier, Lily Allen last year. Wonder who will fill these slots this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

After looking around at different festivals, who's touring, past picnics and some chat on here I was hoping I'd be able to guess what we might see in the announcement tomorrow, very difficult to guess who will make an appearance at EP though, always hopeful they have a surprise or two up their sleeve. For what it's worth this is the list I came up with.

Florence & The Machine
    Underworld

The War on Drugs
    Tame Impala
    The Jacksons
    Grace Jones
    Hot Chip

Roisin Murphy
    George Ezra
    Jon Hopkins
    Belle & Sebastien
    Flying Lotus
    Run The Jewels
    Gorgon City
    Future Islands
    Kate Tempest
    Flight Facilities
    Pond
    Sleaford Mods
    Django Django
    Alvvways
    Chet Faker

A lot of them I haven't even listened to but seem to pop up on a lot of festival line ups over the summer, while others appear at just one other festival but I could see them playing EP. No idea who the third headliner could be but I'd be pretty surprised if Underworld and FATM weren't announced at this stage. Overall if that was the jist of it tomorrow I'd be fairly underwhelmed, but they always seem to have a habit of pulling a rabbit out of the hat!

i'd be happy enough with that.

the first few announcements have often been a bit underwhelming i thought, and it's only once July/August comes around and there's a few acts from each that when all put together, make it look like a good lineup :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

I hope Gourmet Burger are back this year, 6 Quid for an unreal burger, 11 quid for the meal deal, sure **** the bands as long as this crowd make an appearence again

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Kendrick Lamar.. pleeease.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

One word - Churros!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I hope Gourmet Burger are back this year, 6 Quid for an unreal burger, 11 quid for the meal deal, sure **** the bands as long as this crowd make an appearence again

I remember going up to them a little more than merry and asking for two burgers. I was walking around with one in each hand like a caveman :D:D

Yeah I went in to the tent on the Saturday when just getting merry only knowing their 2 songs in the chart and then turned out to be great live, doing a few covers also

Rob094 wrote: »
    Kendrick Lamar.. pleeease.

what's the chances of this??

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

srm23 wrote: »
    what's the chances of this??

He's playing reading and leeds the week before :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

My Morning Jacket confirmed themselves as playing via their tour announcement today. http://pitchfork.com/news/58618-my-morning-jacket-announce-new-album-the-waterfall-share-big-decisions/

Advertisement