Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Here's the first 20 acts confirmed for Rock En Seine at the end of August.

103719389.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

So any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Well the announcement is tomorrow so not long to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Well the announcement is tomorrow so not long to wait.

Ah sh!t tought it was today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Really stumped as to who will headline, doesn't seem to be allot of options this year outside of the already predicted Kasabian and FATM.
    Would have said Duran Duran, but I see they're playing Kilarney June 28th.

Not exactly bracing myself for tomorrow's announcement it's going to be pretty underwhelming, particularly when compared to longitude! Hopefully I'm wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Fatfrog wrote: »

Not exactly bracing myself for tomorrow's announcement it's going to be pretty underwhelming, particularly when compared to longitude! Hopefully I'm wrong!

I think it's better to have that attitude and be happily surprised than to be all worked up like many were last year and end up feeling…meh!

I'm keeping expectations in check big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Rob094 wrote: »
    Kendrick Lamar.. pleeease.

Saw him at Lolla in 2013 and I was so so disappointed. Couldn't make out a single word he was saying. His vocals were shocking and backing track was way way to loud. Flew from Boston to Chicago and he was the main act I wanted to see so I was gutted. I'd love to see Vic Mensa, Vince Staples or Frank Ocean on the bill. They are going to have a huge 2015/2016

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

What time is the announcement due tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I presume about 12 pm, I think that was the time last year too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I presume about 12 pm, I think that was the time last year too.

Yea i heard from 11.30 but will prob be 12 in the end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

My Morning Jacket! Yes! Delighted.

MMJ, War on Drugs and Belle & Sebastian is a great start.

Headliners in Florence, Kasabian and Underworld wouldn't be too bad, though none would be my first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

BadTurtle wrote: »
    My Morning Jacket confirmed themselves as playing via their tour announcement today. http://pitchfork.com/news/58618-my-morning-jacket-announce-new-album-the-waterfall-share-big-decisions/

Lol Dublin :pac:

MattD wrote: »
    Lol Dublin :pac:

Sure it was the same with bands playing Oxegen would always say Dublin. Someone mad a good point after this year that a lot of acts arrive in dublin , then are straight onto the road towards Laois which doesnt take to long and just think they are still in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Headliners in Florence, Kasabian and Underworld wouldn't be too bad, though none would be my first choice.

Are Kasabian really considered headliners?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Sure it was the same with bands playing Oxegen would always say Dublin. Someone mad a good point after this year that a lot of acts arrive in dublin , then are straight onto the road towards Laois which doesnt take to long and just think they are still in Dublin.

OutKast got a few boos last summer for saying Dublin on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe they should just name the whole of Ireland as Dublin to save any confusion. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

My Morning Jacket! Yes! Delighted.

MMJ, War on Drugs and Belle & Sebastian is a great start.

Kasabian would be all KINDSA wrong for the Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Just checked my installment plan booking and final installment was not taken yet...should I be worried?

Snarky Snark Snark

Effects wrote: »

Yeah, they're very much headliners on most bills that they would be on.

Whether that's right or wrong is very much down to personal taste but they did headline Glastonbury, there's no denying how big an act they are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

deeceemee wrote: »
    Just checked my installment plan booking and final installment was not taken yet...should I be worried?

Don't worry, just keep an eye on your bank account. If there is a problem, they will send you an e-mail.
    The year before last between the initial purchase and the second installment, I had to cancel my debit card and Ticketmaster e-mailed me and gave me until x date (I think it was about a week) to get in touch and it was all sorted out without any big issue.

• Advertisement

100%. Like them or not, they're big and will shift tickets to a lot of people.

Plus, as was pointed out above, they did headline Glasto.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Robert7jjj

Totally out of sight and no chance of happening but **** , I would give a nut too see Twisted Sister at EP this year.

Kasabian played in Dublin and Belfast in December. Would they really be back so soon? You usually don't see many big band like that playing twice inside a year in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

"Primus are touring Europe this year" he added with a dreamy faraway look in his eye.

Snarky Snark Snark

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Kasabian played in Dublin and Belfast in December. Would they really be back so soon? You usually don't see many big band like that playing twice inside a year in Ireland

Depends on what paydays are on offer and what their plans are for the next year, if they're recording, that can take time and there's no guarantee that the public taste will be for them next time they emerge.

(Money makes the world go round the world go round etc...)

Yes you would. Usually big bands will do the arena tour then come back for the Summer festival slots etc.

As people have said if you can headline Glastonbury you can headline any festival tbh.

Ah well it won't be long until we find out. Fingers crossed there's some surprises.
    cough Prince cough

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Please god no! The Status Quo of the new oughties! Without the tunes
    Peter

Snarky Snark Snark

Ah well it won't be long until we find out. Fingers crossed there's some surprises.
    cough Prince cough

Would love to see his Purpleness at some point, would be terrified though of a 4 hour noodling session where he decides that some random b-side grade track off an unreleased album really didn't get a fair hearing from the voices in his purple brain when he listened to it 30 years ago and thrashing it out with his musical id in front of 30,000 people is the way to solve its musical worth for once and all

• Advertisement

If I could pick a realistic dream (there's an oxymoron...) to headline, I'd say Wilco or Radiohead. Both are still together, Wilco are touring the States and Radiohead have made noises about an album so neither is entirely beyond the realms of possibility, but neither are overly likely either.

*sigh* Some day...

Advertisement