Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Mince Pie wrote: »
    One word - Churros!!!!!!

Are they waffley? When I read your comment out of context I thought they were a band haha.

So, what time is the announcement expected tomorrow, round noon?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Are they waffley? When I read your comment out of context I thought they were a band haha.

So, what time is the announcement expected tomorrow, round noon?

Yea think about 11.30/12 but usually there are leaked posters flying around

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Robert7jjj

The Scorpions and or Faith No More this year please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

If I could pick a realistic dream (there's an oxymoron...) to headline, I'd say Wilco or Radiohead. Both are still together, Wilco are touring the States and Radiohead have made noises about an album so neither is entirely beyond the realms of possibility, but neither are overly likely either.

*sigh* Some day...

Love radiohead they've created some cracking tunes! but jeez they're not the most exciting live act. They played in the RDS about 97' it pissed rain and just depressed the F.U.C.K out of everyone!!! It was like Tommy Tiernans character in father ted! Up there with one of the worst gigs!
    Massive attack supported on that day and were brilliant! Wouldn't mind seeing them added, to make up for the storm year!!! although they don't appear to be touring. Boo!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Dunno bout that, saw them in the Point serveral years ago (mid 00s-ish?), thought they were great, a lot of the dirges that they'd pushed out on record actually made a lot more sense in a live show.

edit/Update : just checked, it was 2003, jesus f'ing christ i'm getting old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It will be interesting to see what they come up with today, I see Portishead is playing Latitude this year so perhaps we will get some previous Latitude headliners from the past, bring it on anyways I say.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

launch prep:

B_PZ-xmWsAApLBe.jpg

B_MrimMW4AEvSet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

launch prep:
    B_PZ-xmWsAApLBe.jpg

or a halting site?

I know music is subjective and all that jazz but I really dont see the fascination in Mumford & Sons. I hope they dont play EP , let alone headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

How many arists should be annouced today? I know they will continue to be added right up untill the gig but I can't remember from previous years how many get annouced today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I've seen Radiohead 5 times and find them to be the most consistently exciting live band I've ever seen. Marley was their weakest moment for me but even that was still great. Punchestown in the marquee? Unbelievable!

I don't see it happening though. I would be thrilled beyond belief if it did!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Noel has to be annouced

Alice in Chains would be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I didn't go last year and wasn't planning on going this year but the subconscious calling of Stradbally is too strong, tickets purchased and the excitement begins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Robert7jjj wrote: »
    I know music is subjective and all that jazz...

Makes me crave a good Jazz tent:rolleyes::p, would be AMAZING (maybe instead of Casa Bacardi :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SmittyMcGurk

Does anyone know if there'll be more campervan tickets on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

Does anyone know if there'll be more campervan tickets on sale?

Got a ticketmaster alert yesterday for EP tickets and campervan was on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SmittyMcGurk

paulbok wrote: »
    Got a ticketmaster alert yesterday for EP tickets and campervan was on it.
    Campervan tickets sold out on ticketmaster. I was wondering will any more will be released or is that it?

Tom Dunne hinting that Future Islands would be on the list last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

glasso wrote: »
    Tom Dunne hinting that Future Islands would be on the list last night.

have been hearing that for a while (not to sounds like a Hipster now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

How many arists should be annouced today? I know they will continue to be added right up untill the gig but I can't remember from previous years how many get annouced today

I'd say we will have about 30 acts or so by the end of the day, if the last few years are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

expect most of this lot
    on the same weekend in england
    Webannounceslider-1200x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Noel has to be annouced

Lets hope, he would be a great way to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sufjan Stevens probably won't be playing as EOTR is his only European festival this year according to the press release that went out when he was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

Is everybody ready for the usual meh brigade?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

endainoz wrote: »

I was more than happy on announcement day last year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

F**k 'em. I love EP. Enjoyed an hour watching people climb under a table last year so the music is a bonus on top of that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

F**k 'em. I love EP. Enjoyed an hour watching people climb under a table last year so the music is a bonus on top of that :p

Damn right,

I'm still on the fence for this year though so would like to be convinced by someone interesting today, just one or two must see acts, not being greedy like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Immediately followed by the Whaaa-mbulance

Advertisement