Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MattD wrote: »
    Don't really understand why Roisin Murphy is getting such a high billing...

cos she's able to schhhhhhhhiiiing it back?

(also, local lass done well, so that's always worth supporting etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Manics played 2nd last in the Electric Arena last time they played, and they've hardly become more relevant in the years since.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

the sufjan stevens ad at the bottom of my page is really rubbing salt in the wounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Manics played 2nd last in the Electric Arena last time they played, and they've hardly become more relevant in the years since.

Plus feck all turned out to see them!! No way they could headline!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

maybe we'll get the last headliner at the launch tonight a la The Killers a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

maybe we'll get the last headliner at the launch tonight a la The Killers a few years ago.

I really hope it's not kasabian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Very happy with that lineup, Future Islands will be jammers!
    Low - love them when I saw them in Cyprus Avenue a few years ago.
    Underworld...still great memories of their set in Electric Arena.
    Hot Chip - also memories from Electric Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Anyone else happy that Mumford and Kasabian aren't on there?:P

I hope underworld are in the electric arena and not the main stage.
    They are so much better in a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

keithkk16 wrote: »

You've jinxed it now, nailed on to be announced later.

(I actually don't mind Kasabian being added, they do put on a good live show. Mumford can **** off though)

Happy enough with the lineup so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I would like a indie band to be added to the headliners ( the strokes, libertines, ect..)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

keithkk16 wrote: »

2nd that.. nice to see that they haven't bombarded it with big names (except for florence i guess)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I really think Underworld will be Main Stage.

Please dear God don't let M&S's be announced tonight. I can't explain how much I dislike them. I know it's irrational, and there are so many options at EP, but if I even accidentally overheard a bar of their music it would bother me a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

I wouldn't mind Kasabian either tbh. Happy with that announcement now the main ones I want added are Blur, Prodigy, Kendrick Lamar and even though there is probably no chance I'd love to see Childish Gambino.

Hot Chip, Tame Impala, Underworld are definitely being paid a visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not really feeling that lineup personally to be honest.

Most of the acts I'm interested in I already saw at EP/Longitude recently (Chvrches, Hot Chip, Django Django)

Belle and Sebastian too. Nowt on the lineup that interests me really. Which is a disappointment as I was thinking of going this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm happy with those names announced, now to sit back and enjoy the DJ announcements over the coming months, there doesn't have to be big names for quality, plenty of excellent DJs in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Libadour wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Kasabian either tbh. Happy with that announcement now the main ones I want added are Blur, Prodigy, Kendrick Lamar and even though there is probably no chance I'd love to see Childish Gambino.

Hot Chip, Tame Impala, Underworld are definitely being paid a visit!

Blur still a possibility perhaps? Is there room for The Prodigy and Underworld? Childish Gambino I would love also. Maybe in a later announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mew are doing a heap of euro fests in July / August - make it happen EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Django Django

*fistpump*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Has anyone stayed in the Pink Moon campsite and is it worth it? Really want a little bit of comfort with good toilets etc if possible and somewhere to have a shower.

• Advertisement

I'm happy with those names announced, now to sit back and enjoy the DJ announcements over the coming months, there doesn't have to be big names for quality, plenty of excellent DJs in Ireland.

Ya 100% agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Is there more acts announced later?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

andreac wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed in the Pink Moon campsite and is it worth it? Really dont want a little bit of comfort with good toilets etc if possible and somewhere to have a shower.

yes, last two years, pricey but was worth it in my opinion.
    You get
    a) showers
    b) toilets which are reasonable
    c) security
    d) coffee shop / food source (tenner for full irish last year, was excellent)

Have me deposit down for this year again, you do need ear plugs though, it's behind the electric arena so can be noisy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Rfrip wrote: »
    I hope underworld are in the electric arena and not the main stage.
    They are so much better in a tent.

id say they will be the midnight saturday night main stage slot doing dubnobasswithmyhead show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Django Django

*fistpump*

They were great at Longitude a few years ago, can't wait for them.

Happy with that as an initial announcement. Here's hoping for the strokes tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Fairly disappointed with that, lots of good acts but not many that interest me, happy to see Hot Chip, Chrvches and Jurassic 5. I think Florence could be a good headliner too even though I wouldn't be a massive fan. Wasn't a million miles off what I predicted yesterday but it's lacking that surprise or two that I was hoping for, I'm sure there will be plenty in further announcements though.

Is it strange that they have only announced two headliners? Thought they usually announce all three in the first announcement. I am also surprised at how high up the bill they have Roisin Murphy and Belle & Sebastien, two good acts but definitely would not have considered them big enough to be sub headliners, hopefully will be bumped down over the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Is there definitely more acts to be announced tonight? or is that just a rumour on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Robert7jjj wrote: »
    FM104 asking the people of Dublin who they would like to see announced. "Pitbull coz hes bleedin deadly" and "Ed Sheeran as hes just a top lad seemed mad sound on the toy show".......

You sure that wasn't the Strawberry alarm clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

andreac wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed in the Pink Moon campsite and is it worth it? Really dont want a little bit of comfort with good toilets etc if possible and somewhere to have a shower.

Wrong day to be asking! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Not a bad lineup so far, I willl say....SO FAR......, Manics brilliant live , seen them 5 times, never a duff gig, Florence and The Machine, yeah can live with that , Underworld great to see, Hot Chip (ah meh, overrated!!!) , Ride , great to see back (heard good reviews on their live stuff).

Advertisement