Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

andreac wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed in the Pink Moon campsite and is it worth it? Really dont want a little bit of comfort with good toilets etc if possible and somewhere to have a shower.

stayed there many times, it's the job for a bit of sleep, hot showers and overall general respect for your fellow neighbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

When do they release the day by day lineup? If Underworld on the Sunday I might just get a Sunday ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

Missing a good DJ like Phil Cawley, I wonder if he will be making any "surprise" announcements again this year. Here's hoping!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Is there definitely more acts to be announced tonight? or is that just a rumour on here.

At this announcement last year, nothing new was added at the launch later on. There was the previous year I think. There is a gaping hole for a third headline act (there wasn't last year) so maybe a surprise is in store.

Synode, going by previous form, Underworld will more than likely be Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Tame Impala, J5, Jon Hopkins, Battles, MMJ, Django Django will all be worth a visit. A lot a meh, but sure you'll have that. It's the small stages where all the best stuff is anyway!

Underworld doing Rez/Cowgirl though will be the absolute high point of the whole weekend!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FYs9tYv8uw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

I'd expect Underworld on Sat night and Florence on the Sunday.
    Going by the font size on the lineup pic, there is another main stage headliner to come.

Manics & Miss Murphy may well be headlines in a tent, but I could equally see them as 2nd billing on the main stage, e.g Manics on the Friday before blur* or Kasabian*, Roisin before Underworld or even Florence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

yes, last two years, pricey but was worth it in my opinion.
    You get
    a) showers
    b) toilets which are reasonable
    c) security
    d) coffee shop / food source (tenner for full irish last year, was excellent)

Have me deposit down for this year again, you do need ear plugs though, it's behind the electric arena so can be noisy

Scruff did you stay in the normal tents or something fancier? Not sure if budget allows for the more expensive ones. Even the festihuts are dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

andreac wrote: »
    Scruff did you stay in the normal tents or something fancier? Not sure if budget allows for the more expensive ones. Even the festihuts are dear.

I just got meself a basic two man tent, i have my own stuff such as the sleeping bag etc so didn't need any of that stuff. More than enough room in the two mans for a single person or even two to be honest.

It's a great service and I'd imagine the other posh camping options are equally good, just rock up with bag + beer + goodies, chuck'em in tent, open beer and rock out. No faffing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

sadie06 wrote: »
    Blur still a possibility perhaps? Is there room for The Prodigy and Underworld? Childish Gambino I would love also. Maybe in a later announcement.

There is always room for Prodigy! Realistically though you're probably right, I can't see it. Fingers crossed for the rest though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Libadour wrote: »
    There is always room for Prodigy! Realistically though you're probably right, I can't see it. Fingers crossed for the rest though.

Yea i can see Underworld being the big dance act this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sunday tickets are sold out already :eek:

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/573108321244348416

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I just got meself a basic two man tent, i have my own stuff such as the sleeping bag etc so didn't need any of that stuff. More than enough room in the two mans for a single person or even two to be honest.

It's a great service and I'd imagine the other posh camping options are equally good, just rock up with bag + beer + goodies, chuck'em in tent, open beer and rock out. No faffing about.

Deadly, looking at it here at the mo and the Bell tents are good too and not overly expensive so might go for those. Thanks for your help :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

They might also be waiting for Noel Gallagher to be announced after his show in the three arena is on maybe? Happy with the announcement anyways, Florence, hot chip and chvrches are enough for me to get off the fence!

Electric Picnic 2015 Spotify list has been updated. Woo hoo!

Manic Street Preachers

We're very excited to reveal Manic Street Preachers will be special guests at Ireland's Electric Picnic this summer.

The festival, which runs between September 4th and 6th in County Laois, will also see performances from Underworld, Tame Impala and The War On Drugs

So im guessing either 2nd before headliner or may get a Foals type slot

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

endainoz wrote: »
    They might also be waiting for Noel Gallagher to be announced after his show in the three arena is on maybe?

Makes sense. Judging by the amount of radio ads for tonight's show I'm guessing ticket sales haven't been great at all so they could well be holding off on announcing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Underworld hardly headliner material?

Seemed a fair bit more star power in the line-up last year

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Someone like Strokes would be the cherry on the top for me (plus one or two old school indie) but I do forsee wither Blur or Noel Gallagher being announced this evening....

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Sunday tickets are sold out already :eek:

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/573108321244348416

Why did it sell out so quick? is that for florence?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Did the 2-man bell tent last year, loads of room and quite close to the entrance.
    Def worth it for anyone who likes that extra bit of comfort, hot shower and fry in the morning is the only way to start the day.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Someone like Strokes would be the cherry on the top for me (plus one or two old school indie) but I do forsee wither Blur or Noel Gallagher being announced this evening....

A decade ago I would have had no interest in Noel, but he has really matured as a song-writer. I really like the psychedelic tinge to his new stuff. I'd be happy with Noel, but thrilled with Blur! I hope you are a reliable fortune teller! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The XX are currently working on an album since around May of last year. I'd imagine it would be out some time this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Woah, that's a good lineup!

Florence and the Machine, Underworld, Manic Street Preachers, Hot Chip, Belle and Sebastian, War on Drugs, Future Islands, Chvrches, Jon Hopkins, Battles & Roisin Murphy

In previous years I struggled to find that many acts I'd like to see in the EP lineup.... serious food for thought there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Decent if not spectacular lineup so far.

Nice to see Tourist will be there again, his set on B&S stage was one of the highlights of 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Why did it sell out so quick? is that for florence?

I'd imagine she will be playing the Sunday night but nothing has been announced yet. They must sell a very small number of Sunday tickets, I remember they sold out fairly quick last year as well, before the day breakdown was even announced.

The XX are currently working on an album since around May of last year. I'd imagine it would be out some time this summer.

Oh please god no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

It's sizeable enough for the Daytripper invasion to be clearly noticeable in the main area on the Sunday of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ronfee

I see Belle and Sebastian will be playing the Heineken Electric Arena, they will be headlining the stage on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Quite happy with that. Had been worried that the line-up would come out with nothing new of major interest but instead, while I'm not wowed by any one act, there is plenty I'll be happy to go see already.

There's shedloads more to come including all of Body and Soul, RBMA and Casa Bacardi - and even if I was only to try going to see what I'm interested in from this initial announcement I'd fail miserably due to being distracted by Trailer Park / hot tubs / food / randomness etc. etc. etc.

Anyhow, the names I'm particularly pleased with today are...
    Tame Impala,
    Hot Chip,
    Jurassic 5,
    Jessie Ware,
    Alvvays,
    Low

Intrigued by despite not having heard a note yet...
    Pond,
    Girl Band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

sadie06 wrote: »
    A decade ago I would have had no interest in Noel, but he has really matured as a song-writer. I really like the psychedelic tinge to his new stuff. I'd be happy with Noel, but thrilled with Blur! I hope you are a reliable fortune teller! :-)

Re Blur - Well they've a new album out and sold out Hyde park for 2 nights so that's my logic

And as for Noel - he'd appeal to most, playing here tonight and has a new album to promote too.

Blur though to me would knock it out of the park - fantastic live :-)

Advertisement