Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone want to buy my ticket ? PM me, its an early bird 170 euro one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ok lineup but nothing that stands out as 'Wow'. A lot of acts there are ones you would have expected to be added anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Daily edge reporting that FR are floating the idea of increasing capacity to 45-47,000, but it's just a maybe at the moment .

Also said last headliner will be released in 'due course', which doesn't sound like tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

sadie06 wrote: »
    Daily edge reporting that FR are floating the idea of increasing capacity to 45-47,000, but it's just a maybe at the moment .

Also said last headliner will be released in 'due course', which doesn't sound like tonight.

Link: http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/electric-picnic-2015-capacity-1972297-Mar2015/

That was mentioned after last years event too. They need to expand the campsites and maybe add an extra entrance to the arenas if they are going to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Oh please god no

It ain't Fiction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

given half the crowd and the amount of tacky **** around the arena these days, it's only a matter of time until it moves to Punchestown....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Link: http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/electric-picnic-2015-capacity-1972297-Mar2015/

That was mentioned after last years event too. They need to expand the campsites and maybe add an extra entrance to the arenas if they are going to do this.

There was a huge field empty in Janice Joplin last year so they could fit it camping wise.
    The biggest thing they should consider is putting in another exit/entry gate into the main arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It's sizeable enough for the Daytripper invasion to be clearly noticeable in the main area on the Sunday of the festival.

I saw it here every year but I wish they would stop the Sunday day tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Rfrip wrote: »

You know, i actually was in favour of the Sunday, day tickets, but if there is going to be that scheduled increase in capacity/attendance, maybe its best just to have it back to the full weekend tickets. As someone posted earlier, could get very messy and end up like Punchestown........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Rfrip wrote: »

Yep, the only time day tickets actually worked was in 2005 when they had Sat & Sun tickets.

There were only 15,000 camping that year i think though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Anyone complaining about this lineup is very hard to please.

If you look through all the other major UK and Euro lineups you'll see that the calibre of acts touring this summer is not as high as other years.

Also, there is probably another headliner plus loads more acts to be announced so it's all positive in my opinion.

Personally can't wait to see Manics, Underworld, Hot Chip, Chvrches and Future Islands.

Roll on Sept!!

I'd imagine they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I can see them "trialling" the 5,000 extra attendance by bringing them in on the Sunday. It would be free money as they don't need to invest in extra campsite facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I know I'm one of the few coming at this from a family perspective, but unless they increase the family tickets in ratio with general tickets it's going to lose its family friendly vibe. I really hope that doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

andreac wrote: »
    Deadly, looking at it here at the mo and the Bell tents are good too and not overly expensive so might go for those. Thanks for your help :-)

We stayed in the Bell tents last year with Cloudhouse but to be honest it wasnt worth the money. VIP bands for the exclusive access near the main stage where lost by the staff and the cloudhouse campers never got them. The showers went on the blink on the Sunday for the women and there was still some unsavory elements to the crowd in boutique, groups pissing on others tents, being rude to other campers. Having done general camping for a few years and boutique for the past two years, we are heading back to general this year. Hopefully the Eco Friendly Camp site (which looked clean enough) will be available again this year and we will rest our heads there. Either way, I havent had an experience in the boutique camping that warrants coughing up the extra yoyos for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I would have thought the line up would have put off the 'oxegen crowd' more than anything, possibly deliberately, although if they want to expand it by another 5,000 I wouldn't be so sure. Surely a lot of this crowd that people are talking about will be all over Forbidden Fruit and Longitude though, so might not opt for Electric Picnic this year, a lot of the comments on facebook aren't very positive.

Interesting that they aren't announcing the third headliner yet, have they done this before? I'd say it's likely that whoever it is could be the same one that Bestival is waiting to announce. Possibly could be someone else who already has a festival/gig in Ireland lined up and they're waiting until that's over to announce it, Chemical Bros, Duran Duran & Basement Jaxx are all playing at different events in Ireland before EP, would be very happy if it was any of them.

When you look at the full line ups from other years todays announcement is just a fraction of what we can expect, would imagine there are a lot of main stage slots left to fill and then the likes of Body & Soul, Casa Bacardi & RBMA.

Edit: They have also just released extra Sunday tickets, why did they announce they were sold out like an hour ago?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

U2 have a space in their schedule on the Sunday........;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I know I'm one of the few coming at this from a family perspective, but unless they increase the family tickets in ratio with general tickets it's going to lose its family friendly vibe. I really hope that doesn't happen.

From the demand, they do need to increase it.

But

If you look at it from the organisers point of view, kiddies don't drink and cannot eat themselves silly all weekend and so are a harder proposition when you're trying to jack up the prices of the pitches for food vans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

U2 have a space in their schedule on the Sunday........;) :pac:

Don't even joke about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

rebelreded wrote: »
    Anyone complaining about this lineup is very hard to please.

If you look through all the other major UK and Euro lineups you'll see that the calibre of acts touring this summer is not as high as other years.

Very true. Whatever cycles now take place in the industry means 2015 is a relatively poor year. And not enough for me to fork out for a Picnic ticket. Too expensive for the 2-3 acts I'd see and too expensive when you're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

Surely a lot of this crowd that people are talking about will be all over Forbidden Fruit and Longitude though, so might not opt for Electric Picnic this year, a lot of the comments on facebook aren't very positive.

I don't know why a lot of the people who follow the Electric Picnic Facebook page even bother.
    It's ridiculous. They clearly don't like the kind of music you're likely to get at EP.
    I clearly remember one girl leaving a comment after last year's initial announcement saying the only good thing on it was Lily Allen.
    That's the kind of people you're dealing with

It's mental.
    EP is going for about a dozen years with a fairly consistent trend away from commercial acts (by and large) yet the Facebook page has loads of imbeciles complaining that they haven't booked the kind of acts EP was specifically created to avoid!
    What's wrong with these folk?
    Given the number of people whingeing, I can't understand why Oxegen died off because there seems to be plenty of cloth eared types about that want that kind of festival.
    Ed Sheeran and The Script selling out Croke Park only strengthens this view

Actually they've just tweeted:

Electric Picnic ‏@EPfestival 22m22 minutes ago
    We have just released extra Sunday tickets for #EP2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's mental.
    EP is going for about a dozen years with a fairly consistent trend away from commercial acts (by and large) yet the Facebook page has loads of imbeciles complaining that they haven't booked the kind of acts EP was specifically created to avoid!
    What's wrong with these folk?
    Given the number of people whingeing, I can't understand why Oxegen died off because there seems to be plenty of cloth eared types about that want that kind of festival.
    Ed Sheeran and The Script selling out Croke Park only strengthens this view

This is simple and easy to answer, what you are seeing on Facebook are the rantings of children who are not getting what they want and are expecting the world to supply them with an event that fits into their own narrow little view of what is and is not music.

Toys being expelled from prams all around.

Some one else mentioned here that they are FM104 listeners or something similar, that's pretty much bang on the money. None of these ****ers have even put skin in the game in terms of buying a ticket yet, they just want a poke and a whinge in public.

**** em and the horses they rode in on.

(And for the record, I think EP does a pretty good job in balancing the mainstream commercial music to draw the punters/occasional gig goers in with the more interesting side of the tracks)

This is simple and easy to answer, what you are seeing on Facebook are the rantings of children who are not getting what they want and are expecting the world to supply them with an event that fits into their own narrow little view of what is and is not music.

Toys being expelled from prams all around.

Some one else mentioned here that they are FM104 listeners or something similar, that's pretty much bang on the money. None of these ****ers have even put skin in the game in terms of buying a ticket yet, they just want a poke and a whinge in public.

**** em and the horses they rode in on.

(And for the record, I think EP does a pretty good job in balancing the mainstream commercial music to draw the punters/occasional gig goers in with the more interesting side of the tracks)

Well said.
    Agree with the last point too.
    They've done OK at evening it out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Solid few acts so far. Tame Impala, Future Islands, War on Drugs, Chvrches, Battles, My Morning Jacket, Jon Hopkins and Jessie Ware to top it off, she is unreal :D Add in 3 solid techno djs to headline the RBMA and that's enough to keep me happy. Can only imagine more bands will be added to that list with future announcements. I've got my moneys worth already though, happy days.

Underworld should be deadly too though I've not listened to them much.

Will be looking into a good few bands too, Hot Chip, Belle and Sebastian, Ride and Django Django etc

• Advertisement

Advertisement