Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

McTigs wrote: »
    Yeah i don't get Florence at all..... it's just shouting isn't it? And she butchered You Got the Love so can never be forgiven.

Manics, Ride, Underworld are all my vintage (41 by picnic time) and i'll do my best to clue myself in on all the other new acts i've never heard of between now an then

It needs a couple more quality hitters in there but there's time

I agree with you on Florence, and the same can be said of Clean Bandit also. I appreciate that the girls are amazing singers - but they give me a migraine almost immediately.

Whereas I am damn happy with Manics, Hot Chip (weirdly I can't list to this lot either without getting headache, whereas they are amazing live, this is 3rd or 4th time seeing them), Chvrches, Underworld. I'll listen to Roisin Murphy from afar, I do like her though.

Have the Spotify playlist downloaded, so time to get listening to it, and see what else I'll add to my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I heard a rumour last year that Darren Emerson was getting back together with Underworld but haven't heard anything since. Would be some gig if they did re-unite. They haven't really been the same since he left

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

ZV Yoda wrote:
    I got a loyalty code back in Sep. Tried using it now, but Ticketmaster site says "code not recognised". Anybody having similar probs?

Yeah, I had to get a new code issued..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Quiet happy with the initial line up. Looking forward to Hopkins, Underworld, Battles and the war on drugs there is also plenty of new stuff to discover like Low, Pond and Tourist.
    Underworld never fail, saw them a couple of years ago in the Electric Arena still ranks up there with one of my all time Picnic highlights. Roll on the rest of the announcements

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Not a chance of Aphex Twin, as we tell you every year. It's like the people that guess Daft Punk every year.

Actually getting annoyed at how often they're both suggested, as if it's a possibility!

Anyway, I'm personally hoping Bowie gets added myself..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well Aphex Twin has played both Oxegen and Forbidden Fruit in the last 7 years, so it's not that outlandish that he might turn up at EP some day, especially now that he has new material out....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

And much the same way Daft Punk released new music two years ago, they're hardly likely to kick off a brand new world tour by playing in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    I got a loyalty code back in Sep. Tried using it now, but Ticketmaster site says "code not recognised". Anybody having similar probs?

I got a code in September that never worked and ended up using a 175 code in the end :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

any chance of some dirty rock n roll being added I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Not too impressed but bearing in mind the calibre of acts around Europe (aside from Primavera) it's as good as we'll get. I honestly think Future Islands and Jon Hopkins are the best acts there, and the third billing is stealing the show. Very little interest in FATM, was hoping for Royal Blood as a bit of a rock change but no dice. If Ride get the same crowd as Slowdive last year we can expect about 200 people at most.

Slowdive was my highlight from last year. Anybody who wasn't there missed out. Such a small crowd made it all the more special for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

D.Q wrote: »
    any chance of some dirty rock n roll being added I wonder.

Listen to Metz. Noise/punk rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

proudi wrote: »
    Slowdive was my highlight from last year. Anybody who wasn't there missed out. Such a small crowd made it all the more special for me though.

Slowdive were fantastic last year, but the crowd was very disappointing....

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Citroen2cv

All campervan tickets are sold out?
    Does anyone think more of these tickets will be allocated?

Citroen2cv wrote: »
    All campervan tickets are sold out?
    Does anyone think more of these tickets will be allocated?

At this stage I'd say probably not....they're usually one of the first things to sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Citroen2cv

That sucks. I was waiting to get the line-up before I would commit to buying tickets. Not sure I will bother now.

Campervan tickets didn't sell out until July last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Citroen2cv wrote: »
    That sucks. I was waiting to get the line-up before I would commit to buying tickets. Not sure I will bother now.

Campervan tickets didn't sell out until July last year.

Electric Picnic always involves a leap of faith :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

There was another code sent out again in December starting with FR1. I thought i didnt get one but i checked my emails again and it had come through and used it yesterday to get mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

-=al=- wrote: »
    I got a code in September that never worked and ended up using a 175 code in the end :mad:
    If you email them, they will resend a working code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

When are the next acts announced?
    were all headliners announced by this time last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nothing announced but going by previous years I'd say we can expect another announcement in May. For the past few years all three headliners were announced in the first announcement, so a bit strange that it isn't the same this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Nothing announced but going by previous years I'd say we can expect another announcement in May. For the past few years all three headliners were announced in the first announcement, so a bit strange that it isn't the same this year.

There is only really one headliner there at the minute imho,
    I find it hard to believe Underworld would be closing the main stage sat or sun.

srm23 wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe Underworld would be closing the main stage sat or sun.

Guaranteed to close the main stage Saturday night....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

srm23 wrote: »
    There is only really one headliner there at the minute imho,

No question they're closing Saturday night. Sure people said the same thing about Leftfield in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

I'm really happy with the lineup and genuinely think its one of the best ive seen this year but I think those expecting another huge headliner may be disappointed. It will probably be someone like Alt-J.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I'm really happy with the lineup and genuinely think its one of the best ive seen this year but I think those expecting another huge headliner may be disappointed. It will probably be someone like Alt-J.

Alt-J are already headlining Longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

Alt-J are already headlining Longitude

Yeah, I forgot about that. I really hope its Blur but just think they're too big an act to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

This post has been deleted.

God, they promised they were going to leave people alone. Apparently the new album is going to be electronic *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I really liked Mumford's first album but 2 years of having it played non stop on the radio/tv etc totally killed it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I had the same problem. I forwarded the email I received in September to picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com along with a short note saying the code wouldn't work & they emailed me back a new one within an hour or two.

For anyone unfamiliar with Underworld I'd recommend checking out their live album "Everything, everything". I agree they're not the same since Emerson left but anytime I've seen them live they never fail to impress. Can't wait to see them again.

Advertisement