Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

BadTurtle wrote: »
    No question they're closing Saturday night. Sure people said the same thing about Leftfield in 2010.

Well the "main slot" you mean is the 1am or something on the sat night,
    there is usually bigger names on the main stage before this e.g Arcade Fire etc in 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

All this talk of Mumford and Sons is making me anxious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

srm23 wrote: »
    Well the "main slot" you mean is the 1am or something on the sat night,
    there is usually bigger names on the main stage before this e.g Arcade Fire etc in 2011

Didn't say anything about a main slot. I said they will close the stage, as the electronic/dance act always does.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

All this talk of Mumford and Sons is making me anxious

myCLa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

I reckon Tame Impala and Pond will be playing the Sunday. They're both playing at the End of The Road festival on the 4th so Sunday looks likely-ish

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MGMTea wrote: »
    I reckon Tame Impala and Pond will be playing the Sunday. They're both playing at the End of The Road festival on the 4th so Sunday looks likely-ish

Tame Impala just announced they are doing Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Good stuff, hope more Sunday tickets will be released !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Anybody fans of AURORA? Would love to see her announced

Will prob get shot here but i wouldnt mind see Mumford and Sons announced . Have seen them a few times and are always good fun live.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Pond sound great. Hadn't heard them before. Very impressed. Hope underworld play when and where James Murphy did last year, on the Friday night in that big tent

Was so drunk and smoked out of it I couldn't find the EA for James Murphy's set and missed it, my one let down of last EP :(

Was so drunk and smoked out of it I couldn't find the EA for James Murphy's set and missed it, my one let down of last EP :(

So so so good. I managed to stumble over from foals I think. Absolutely rocked the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Thought he was only ok to be honest. Far better Djs during the weekend, Annie Mac and Rustie for example. and I'd be a big fan of LCD soundsystem.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

MGMTea wrote: »

I wonder if booking Tame Impala means you get a discount on Pond

Annie Mac was unreal, straight from her tent across to London Grammar in the Electric Arena...magical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

D.Q wrote: »
    So so so good. I managed to stumble over from foals I think. Absolutely rocked the place.

James Murphy was one of the highlights of that weekend for me. Foals had just finished and we walked over to see him and was a bit surprised that the tent was absolutely rammed for him when Pet Shop Boys were on the main stage. The Ep crowd love him, unreal atmosphere in that tent. Went straight over to the RBMA stage then after for Sunil Sharpe as most of that crowd in that tent did as well.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    James Murphy was one of the highlights of that weekend for me. Foals had just finished and we walked over to see him and was a bit surprised that the tent was absolutely rammed for him when Pet Shop Boys were on the main stage. The Ep crowd love him, unreal atmosphere in that tent. Went straight over to the RBMA stage then after for Sunil Sharpe as most of that crowd in that tent did as well.

Haha yep, exactly like my Friday night. Ahhh good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Hoping for a bit more choice on Friday this year, especially if they up capacity. Friday night would be very messy with an extra 5,000 bodies and half the place shut!

God, they promised they were going to leave people alone. Apparently the new album is going to be electronic *shudders*

Electronic? hahaha. That's the banjos, acoustic guitars and farmer costumes out the window then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

announcement saying the only good thing on it was Lily Allen.
    That's the kind of people you're dealing with

That's not fair and I think you're really mean

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Annie Mac was unreal, straight from her tent across to London Grammar in the Electric Arena...magical stuff.

Well jealous, both are exceptional.
    Electronic? hahaha. That's the banjos, acoustic guitars and farmer costumes out the window then.

I'm sure they'll find some way to sneak it in, an electronic banjo with a bit of synth thrown in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Mumford and Sons go Electronic:

sadie06 wrote: »
    Mumford and Sons go Electronic:

Hahaha. When I heard mumford and electronic in the same sentence all I could picture was them all wearing Kanye West glasses and playing synths in a line like Kraftwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hahaha. When I heard mumford and electronic in the same sentence all I could picture was them all wearing Kanye West glasses and playing synths in a line like Kraftwork.

Or Croftwork.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Thought he was only ok to be honest. Far better Djs during the weekend, Annie Mac and Rustie for example. and I'd be a big fan of LCD soundsystem.

Agree completely, I thought he never really got going...we left about 40min into the set and wandered over to Body and Soul for a snoop. Annie Mac and Rustie were both quality!

deeceemee wrote: »
    Agree completely, I thought he never really got going...we left about 40min into the set and wandered over to Body and Soul for a snoop. Annie Mac and Rustie were both quality!

To be fair James Murphy has a completely different style of Djing to Annie Mac and Rustie.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

To be fair James Murphy has a completely different style of Djing to Annie Mac and Rustie.

To be fair he did generate a large crowd and I quite enjoyed the opening few minutes. I suppose its just down to personal taste and that night he just feel slightly flat for me...still happy I got to see him mind...there were many others on my hit list that weekend that I still kick myself for missing

deeceemee wrote: »
    To be fair he did generate a large crowd and I quite enjoyed the opening few minutes. I suppose its just down to personal taste and that night he just feel slightly flat for me...still happy I got to see him mind...there were many others on my hit list that weekend that I still kick myself for missing

Exactly, different taste of electronic music. You should of stayed a bit longer, the last 45 was class craic, tent was rammed too.

• Advertisement

Would love to see Beardyman get announced

Advertisement