Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Some great artists mentioned earlier for next years lineup, personally speaking, id love to see (if money was no option......ahem!!!)

Radiohead (chance of been a fine thing)
    Depeche Mode
    Manic Street Preachers
    Tom Waits (one can dream!!!)
    Aphex Twin
    New Order
    UNKLE
    Chemical Brothers
    Daft Punk
    Joni Mitchell/Carly Simon
    Kate Bush
    PJ Harvey
    Ray Davies
    Janes Addiction
    The Faces (with Rod Stewart, they are reuniting next year for 2015 tour)

Thats not asking much is it???? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Some great artists mentioned earlier for next years lineup, personally speaking, id love to see (if money was no option......ahem!!!)

Depeche Mode
    Manic Street Preachers
    Aphex Twin
    New Order
    UNKLE
    Chemical Brothers
    Daft Punk
    Kate Bush
    PJ Harvey
    Ray Davies
    Janes Addiction

Nah not really, you didn't even ask for the obligatory David Bowie! Keep the midnight B&S slot for Kate Bush :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Richard said in his latest interview that he was done with touring as Aphex Twin. Radiohead and Tom Waits are just impossible IMO, both would sell out any venue in the country a few times over.

Would like any of:

Squarepusher
    Autechre
    Caribou
    Royal Blood
    Antlers
    Animal Collective
    Booka Shade
    Flaming Lips
    Libertines (unlikely)
    Die Antwoord
    Sigur Ros
    FlyLo

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Always the same old suggestions, do people not have any imagination? Half the mentions have already played here in the last year too, christ.

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Always the same old suggestions, do people not have any imagination? Half the mentions have already played here in the last year too, christ.

A small percentage have, i guess a lot of the main acts are sort of on a hiatus or between recording new material, but there would be no harm seeing them next year............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

My wish list (which I can't believe I'm submitting this early) would include:

Beth Orton
    Sam Amidon
    Alt J
    PJ Harvey
    Phoenix
    The Gloaming
    Massive Attack
    Aimee Mann
    Jack White

And sure what the hell, QoTSA and Daft Punk.

My absolute gold star wish would be for Leftfield to do the Saturday night slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

As much as i find some of their songs annoying i am gonna suggest

Grouplove
    Naked and Famous
    Passion Pit
    Awol Nation

Anyone else having difficulty buying tickets?Trying to get the family camping installment plan using my loyalty code and it's saying there are no tickets available. Could they be sold out already? :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

sadie06 wrote: »
    Anyone else having difficulty buying tickets?Trying to get the family camping installment plan using my loyalty code and it's saying there are no tickets available. Could they be sold out already? :-0

Family camping are indeed sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

seen a lot of punters with crew wristbands this year. anyone know how to go about getting one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

JackMcA wrote: »
    seen a lot of punters with crew wristbands this year. anyone know how to go about getting one?

Speak to Bodhrandude, he's the dude! ;)

Family camping are indeed sold out.

Oh my God….really? I'm so shocked. We've been going for 4 years and this has never happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Would love to see

The Libertines
    Fat White Family
    The Brian Jonestown Massacre
    Royal Blood
    Tame Impala
    Underworld
    Jake Bugg (is overdue an appearance)
    Alt-J
    & Neil Young (Sure why not)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Would like to see a few of these in the 2015 line up;

Foo fighters
    War on drugs
    Tame impala
    Gaz Coombes
    Royscopp
    Primal scream
    Villagers
    Tracy Chapman
    Gems
    Air
    Foster the people
    The breeders
    Major Lazer
    Phil Cawley mixmaster DJ
    The Prodigy (Only announce when sold out! if possible ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

JackMcA wrote: »

They advertise, keep an eye early next year. There are two types;

1: Advance, where you work for free the week before the festival in order to get a full weekend pass.

Or

2: Regular, x3 8 hour shifts over the weekend, price of ticket left as deposit if you don't turn up for your shift the deposit is taken.

Haven't done either, but if you had the week free before and could cope with a few extra days in a tent I think the advance would be the way to go.

The x3 8hr shifts would be tough I think! Just down to luck in the hours you get and where your positioned/job given. Seen one poor sole, his job entailed sitting in a ditch looking out for wall jumpers I guess, on the way in to Stradbally miles from the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Depeche Mode
    Manic Street Preachers
    Aphex Twin
    New Order
    UNKLE
    Chemical Brothers
    Daft Punk
    Kate Bush
    PJ Harvey
    Ray Davies
    Janes Addiction

No Coldplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

Fatfrog wrote: »

1: Advance, where you work for free the week before the festival in order to get a full weekend pass.

Or

2: Regular, x3 8 hour shifts over the weekend, price of ticket left as deposit if you don't turn up for your shift the deposit is taken.

Haven't done either, but if you had the week free before and could cope with a few extra days in a tent I think the advance would be the way to go.

The x3 8hr shifts would be tough I think! Just down to luck in the hours you get and where your positioned/job given. Seen one poor sole, his job entailed sitting in a ditch looking out for wall jumpers I guess, on the way in to Stradbally miles from the festival.

friends of friends had them and werent working so i didnt know how they got their hands on them

No Coldplay?

Coldplay???? :eek: GTFO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Spare 3x Loyalty code available, if anyone needs one PM me...

*Gone*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

If anyone else has a 3+ discount I'd love to take it. Been to the last three but I was only sent the 2+ code.

• Advertisement

Easy Rod wrote: »
    If anyone else has a 3+ discount I'd love to take it. Been to the last three but I was only sent the 2+ code.

Just email TM and get a new one. Its easy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fatfrog wrote: »

Or

stewards, wristbanding crew, concessions, oxfam etc all get in huge amounts of volunteers, its becoming harder and harder to swing these jobs these days, did it all my festival life and work them now in a paid capacity but its seriously good fun alot of the jobs and most people are returning volunteers. Im involved with the wristbanding end of things and we have crew that go to all the uk festivals for free too

Tickets sorted now for next year, let the countdown begin again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ya correction he played EP back in 07 and with Benga in 09, its still mad to think he hasn't played a festival in ireland for a long time, he's at Bestival nearly every year.
    just saw that he's playing the Opium Rooms in Dublin on October 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I see he is playing Cork on the 3rd of October, anyone know if he doing dubstep set and house/disco sets at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was wondering this myself, does he still play dubstep sets? He is such a mixed bag, some of his disco sets are some of the best I've heard but some of his others wouldn't interest me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can anybody shed any light as to when Podpads and/or Festihuts will be available to hire please? Also, will they sell out quickly or will they be available for a few days? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i think Skream plays almost all house and disco now, don't think he's done any old style dubstep in a year or 2 at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

i think Skream plays almost all house and disco now, don't think he's done any old style dubstep in a year or 2 at this stage.

Thank god for that!

I doubt Foo Fighters would play EP, they're too big.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MadYaker wrote: »
    Thank god for that!

I doubt Foo Fighters would play EP, they're too big.

Yea i can see them doing their own gig next summer . I wouldnt rule out Kasabian for EP headliner

Advertisement