Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

When do the other areas, B&S, Red Bull etc. get announced.....mid to late summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, Casa Bacardi was 8th July last year, B&S was 30th July, RBMA was 31st July.

got a few announcements for the main stages during that time too, last ones on 18th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Sleaford Mods just announced a gig in the Hanger in September 16th so I doubt they'll be added now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Trying to buy a Campervan Ticket on Ticketmaster, please tell me they are not sold out, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

bullvine wrote: »
    Trying to buy a Campervan Ticket on Ticketmaster, please tell me they are not sold out, thanks

They sold out earlier in the week. Not sure if more will be put out (Sunday day tickets initially sold out but more were released later).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

They sold out earlier in the week. Not sure if more will be put out (Sunday day tickets initially sold out but more were released later).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Underworld playing friday night apparently. ...leaves Saturday open.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Where'd you hear that?

Edit: Their site says 4/9/15

http://www.underworldlive.com/events/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Synode wrote: »
    Where'd you hear that?

Edit: Their site says 4/9/15

http://www.underworldlive.com/events/

Doubt that's definitive, they Probably just loaded the start date for the festival. Still banking on Saturday closing the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I had the same problem. I forwarded the email I received in September to picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com along with a short note saying the code wouldn't work & they emailed me back a new one within an hour or two.

For anyone unfamiliar with Underworld I'd recommend checking out their live album "Everything, everything". I agree they're not the same since Emerson left but anytime I've seen them live they never fail to impress. Can't wait to see them again.

Thanks for that - I couldn't find that email address anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Thought Underworld would be nailed on for the Saturday night slot, would be kind of happy if they weren't though as that probably means another big dance act would be announced for the Saturday. Red Bull Ireland just tweeted they will announce the RBMA line up soon, wasn't announced until the end of July last year so presumably we won't be waiting that long anyway, I wonder who we could see down there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatboy Slim was a headliner and played on the Friday.
    Saturday's headliner Bjork played 3rd last on the main stage, with Two Door Cinema Club and Disclosure (who were on the fifth line of the poster) closing the stage.

even before that the "Saturday night dance act" usually wasn't the the headliner on the poster, (Orbital after The Cure, Chems after Arcade Fire, etc.)

last year had 1 of the "headliners" on Saturday, 2 on Sunday, and none on Friday...

so basically there's no rhyme or reason to it over the last couple of years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Would be great if Rustie was there to avoid inevitable clashes like last year. he's probably a bit too famous for it now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

how does one go about getting the discount code for being there previously . if buying off a ticketmaster is it enough to simply show them my wrist band from previous years.

Send an email with photos of the wristband(s) to picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com. They'll email you a code which you then use on Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 19,735 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Modest Mouse playing the Helix in July - maybe pop back over for the EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Underworld would be brilliant in one of the tents, it's a bit of squandered potential sticking them on the main stage IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Underworld would be brilliant in one of the tents, it's a bit of squandered potential sticking them on the main stage IMO.

They actually done the main stage pretty good in 2011 before EP got the plasma screens in two years later, the band brought a camera crew along which filmed them and projected them onto the sides of the canvas each side of the stage.

306435_1963400292079_48205_n.jpg?oh=408b6d87f652f0a3d0fb1508f6fd55b4&oe=5589F930&__gda__=1438550857_33111172224f0ad0242f456691dd1565

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Their outdoor set at Creamfields years ago, was one of the best live sets I've ever seen. Have a look at the live video Everything, Everything, most of it was recorded at Creamfields. Absolute quality. Really hope they do a banging techno set. Last time I seen them in the RDS a few years ago they were plugging a new album which was average so the gig was a bit of a letdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Was hoping for Gaz Coombes (aka super grass) but I see he's doing Paulo Nutini's Marley park gig. I did nee think Paulo was that popular!!

Underworld played the electric arena a few years back 08'!! The tent contains the sound and atmosphere, the crowd just went for it. Their main arena gig was good, but the crowd were a bit reserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The 2011 Underworld gig was great but it wouldn't be as good as this one at RockNess by the man himself in 2010.

twin-11.jpg?w=640&h=425

twin-3.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Ruanmcg

everlast75 wrote: »
    Modest Mouse playing the Helix in July - maybe pop back over for the EP?

Wait... Is the Helix all seating??

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Underworld would be dream for Friday night to open the festival...people will be rearing to go and the added squeeze about the place you get with the Sunday day trippers wouldnt be an issue. Whatever night they play Ill be happy out....Would Jon Hopkins or Tourist have a slot before Underworld on the Friday night or is that just wishful thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Just a reminder to anyone still waiting to buy tickets, you only have until midnight tomorrow night to get your discount code and then until midnight on Sunday to get your discounted tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

penguin88 wrote: »
    Maybe you could go for the installment option?

Good call I will indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

deeceemee wrote: »
    Underworld would be dream for Friday night to open the festival...people will be rearing to go and the added squeeze about the place you get with the Sunday day trippers wouldnt be an issue. Whatever night they play Ill be happy out....Would Jon Hopkins or Tourist have a slot before Underworld on the Friday night or is that just wishful thinking?

Presuming Underworld are on the main stage whatever night they play, I can't see either Jon Hopkins or Tourist on the main stage before them. I heard Tourists set in Body & Soul in 2013 was brilliant, but I never realised he was so big, don't rate him too highly at all. Could see either of them playing the Rankins Wood stage or Electric Arena, can't remember which one it is that (I think) is the exact same tent they use at Body & Soul for the Midnight Circus, but Hopkins absolutely packed the place out last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Would Kendrick Lamar be considered as a headliner? New album out in less than 3 weeks like. Something like Outcast last year would be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Robert7jjj

Hopefully the second batch of announcements includes some old school rock/metal. Preferably Judas Priest , ZZ Top & Saxon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Noel Gallagher unlikely to be announced for this now considering he's doing a gig in Cork in July?

Paul McCartney is touring in 2015. I'd have zero interest in seeing him to be honest but I guess he's a possibility?

I got a discount code for last year but never used it, anyone know if I can use it again this year or will I have to send them another pic of my old wristband if I can find it? I guess I couldjust send them the old pic again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Would Kendrick Lamar be considered as a headliner? New album out in less than 3 weeks like. Something like Outcast last year would be decent.

The demand for his gig in Vicar St was insane. A lot of that was people jumping on the band wagon and a large percentage had NO idea who he was. He is probably just on the cusp of being big enough to be a headliner but I don't think he will be this year. I won't be shocked to see him added to the bill though.

He was dire at lolla in '13 but I'd still go to see him because he is incredibly talented.

In terms of rap I'd like to see Action Bronson, Vic Mensa, Vince Staples added because the are going to have huge years. A headliner in Kanye West would be incredible but people would just complain because of who he is. New album in the next few months and is reported to be touring this year.

Advertisement