Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

I've a spare 3 year code going for anyone that wants to lavish praise upon me.

I'd very much appreciate it if someone could send me on one they're not using.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ciarz31

Please pick me 🙊🙊🙊

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

First installment paid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Br1anC89

I would also appreciate a 3 year code if anyone has a spare one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Question folks - is Pink Moon worth the extra?

I was looking at the boutique camping options out of curiosity and you seem to get very little for the €225 or so that you're paying. I'm quite interested in not having to lug up a tent, etc. but it seems like the tent is about all I'd be cutting out for that much!!

Could someone who has done it share their experience?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Hi, have a 175 code if anyone would like it

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

I keep getting there's no more tickets available for this promotion on TM??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

First installment paid :)

Last installment already paid last week!!! gloat gloat!!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Shoot me down if you must but I would really like to see fat boy slim live!!
    When I say live I'm not talking about the F**kin cheesy "Fat boy slim is F**king in heaven" DJ Sh**e etc etc but actually Norman Cook, the full gang, proper drummer, Proper live sound!! with proper class, it would be epic!! Praise you, Rockafeller Skank, Gangster Trippin ,Right Here, Right Now etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Fatfrog wrote: »
    When I say live I'm not talking about the F**kin cheesy "Fat boy slim is F**king in heaven" DJ Sh**e etc etc but actually Norman Cook, the full gang, proper drummer, Proper live sound!! with proper class, it would be epic!! Praise you, Rockafeller Skank, Gangster Trippin ,Right Here, Right Now etc.

That would be great! Think everyone would love that. Most of his songs are made with samples though so it would be hard enough to get a band together.

• Advertisement

Tbh i was actually expecting that at EP in 2013 , However once the drink kicked in i still enjoyed his DJ set

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

don't think he's done that since the Housemartin days

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Robert7jjj

Hoping Madness get added in 2nd announcements. They rocked in 09

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Came home drunk and paid my first installment....

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Ya I wouldn't be too familiar with most of the acts so hopefully a few older bands get added. The Stranglers were a highlight for me and I loved PSB, Blonde and The Wailers so acts like Madness, OMD or Annie Lennox would be quality imo.

Yeah I remember leaving Chic/NR in 09 to see Madness. I really didnt wanna see them but my mate dragged me along but wow they were great. Such a good love band. I understand they have played Dublin a lot since then but I have always had something on the nights they were playing so have not seen em since.

Yeah I remember leaving Chic/NR in 09 to see Madness. I really didnt wanna see them but my mate dragged me along but wow they were great. Such a good live band. I understand they have played Dublin a lot since then but I have always had something on the nights they were playing so have not seen em since.

Bit of a random idea but what are the chances of Lenny Kravitz? Doing loads of European shows and festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Bit of a random idea but what are the chances of Lenny Kravitz? Doing loads of European shows and festivals

I think he is finished in Europe around the start of August so I'd be shocked if the organisers would pay to get him back over for one date. Pretty sure he isn't doing any other European festivals this summer too.

David Gilmour has a new album coming out in September. He is probably top of my 'Wish It Wold Happen/Absolutely Not A Hope In Hell' list. I'd add Giorgio Moroder to that list too purely because of his age.

Have the prodigy been mentioned yet? Pretty crazy live. Seeing them at oxegen all those years ago was the only time I felt genuinely unsafe at a gig (purely because of the scummers randomly beating the sh!t out of people around me) so I'd love to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,735 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I know I'm in the minority but I f**king hate Madness.

There - i said it.

I feel a little better now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

everlast75 wrote: »
    I know I'm in the minority but I f**king hate Madness.

There - i said it.

I feel a little better now :)

Even his name annoys me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just looking at the gig guide for bands and artists touring August and September.

Echo and the Bunnymen
    Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull)
    Madonna
    Level 42
    Steely Dan
    Heaven 17
    Cosby Stills and Nash
    The Weeks
    Madness
    Ben Sims
    Hercules and the Love Affair
    Jeff Mills
    Dave Rodigan
    David Gilmour

Right just pulled some of these out of Google, a bit bored, most probably won't be there but nothing wrong with a bit of speculation.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just looking at the gig guide for bands and artists touring August and September.

Echo and the Bunnymen
    Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull)
    Madonna
    Level 42
    Steely Dan
    Heaven 17
    Cosby Stills and Nash
    The Weeks
    Madness
    Ben Sims
    Hercules and the Love Affair
    Jeff Mills
    Dave Rodigan
    David Gilmour

Right just pulled some of these out of Google, a bit bored, most probably won't be there but nothing wrong with a bit of speculation.

Jeff Mills in the Rave in the Woods would be quite something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

I think he is finished in Europe around the start of August so I'd be shocked if the organisers would pay to get him back over for one date. Pretty sure he isn't doing any other European festivals this summer too.

David Gilmour has a new album coming out in September. He is probably top of my 'Wish It Wold Happen/Absolutely Not A Hope In Hell' list. I'd add Giorgio Moroder to that list too purely because of his age.

Have the prodigy been mentioned yet? Pretty crazy live. Seeing them at oxegen all those years ago was the only time I felt genuinely unsafe at a gig (purely because of the pilled up scummers randomly beating the sh!t out of people around me) so I'd love to see them again.

If they were going around kicking the sh*t out of people you can be fairly sure they weren't "pilled up"..

If they were going around kicking the sh*t out of people you can be fairly sure they weren't "pilled up"..

Are you trying to tell me that ecstasy doesn't cause aggression in some people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

It absolutely does not cause aggression in anyone. Not in my experience. You go to a rave everyone is looking out for each other if anything.

It absolutely does not cause aggression in anyone. Not in my experience. You go to a rave everyone is looking out for each other if anything.

Ive seen both sides of it. Maybe it was what they had mixed it with but its pretty naive to say that it hasn't in the past. Anyway let's not bring this into a dick swinging match about the effects of ecstasy.

I'd be pretty happy to see Idlewild added to the bill. Their new album is great and they are touring a bit this year. Their gig in the academy sold slowly so they would be pretty far down on the bill. Any FIFA 03 fans will want to see them purely for You Held The World In Your Arms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

now come on .. they were fighting .. it must be the drugs. What else would cause scumbags to fight?

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 19,735 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A-ha...

Reckon they're a pudding for playing. Ya head it here first ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yes. They were probably taking all sorts of other shíte

Advertisement