Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

True, expensive, but if they've gotten permission to go for an additional 5k bodies on site, that's a whole lotta additional cash to spend even if only half of it went on acts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

AdMMM wrote: »
    What's the best version of Wonderwall that you've heard in a camp site?
    "It's something unpredictaaaabulllll and in the end there's riiiiight, i hope...."

man found dead in the Oscar Wilde campsite, accoustic guitar found in rectum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

McTigs wrote: »
    "It's something unpredictaaaabulllll and in the end there's riiiiight, i hope...."

man found dead in the Oscar Wilde campsite, accoustic guitar found in rectum

An Oxegen story, but I may or may not be related to somebody who brought an amp & guitar to the festival and ambushed people by unzipping tents at 5am, placing the amp inside and blaring the aforementioned song and other hits for their listening pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

sadie06 wrote: »
    An Oxegen story, but I may or may not be related to somebody who brought an amp & guitar to the festival and ambushed people by unzipping tents at 5am, placing the amp inside and blaring the aforementioned song and other hits for their listening pleasure.

What a cúnt

What a cúnt

I've just remembered I'm not related to him! :D

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

sadie06 wrote: »

Where was Jeremy Clarkson when he was needed?

Where was Jeremy Clarkson when he was needed?

For real? Thundercats, an opportunity to use that word again, quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Lads I booked the Pink Moon camping, it seems pretty sweet but was hoping for some first hand experiences, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Lads I booked the Pink Moon camping, it seems pretty sweet but was hoping for some first hand experiences, anyone?

top banana-only gripe is the walk to the entrance when its located right next to the elactric arena

• Registered Users Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭endainoz

roll wrote: »
    top banana-only gripe is the walk to the entrance when its located right next to the elactric arena

how is that a gripe exactly? Also thinking of booking pink moon this year, I think im old enough to be a snob!! Which car park does pink moon use? And is it as long of a walk as the car park to the normal camp sites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think he means there should be another entrance for Pink Mooners, and is prob right.

It's located right behind Electric Arena, but you still have to walk around to one of the main entrances to get into the Festival arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think he means there should be another entrance for Pink Mooners.

It's located right behind Electric Arena, but you still have to walk around to one of the main entrances to get into the main festival arena.

Snarky Snark Snark

Problem there is that there's a heavy vehicles road along the back of the pink moon camp site and that would mean additional insurance and security headaches. Would be great if it had it's own entrance but I suspect it will be the long walk again.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Pink Moon is okay, depends where you end up having your tent, have no control over this. If its at the end of the campsite you have a long walk to showers toilets etc. I found the toilets to be really manky there, not enough of them and not cleaned regularly. the showers were great though and the tent was a good size. It's a long walk from the car park- we couldn't park in the two carparks nearest to it simply because we were coming from the cork side which was a pain. It's also annoying being right beside the electric arena as other said but having to walk to the main entrance.

Snarky Snark Snark

Compared to the bogs in the main arena, they were pretty alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Compared to the bogs in the main arena, they were pretty alright.

As a guy never really have an issue with the bogs, 10-12main arena for the "essentials" almost guaranteed clean jacks! Especially if you head as far over as the EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ocli64

roll wrote: »

this. my only negative thought about it over the weekend, so tempting to run in the little service entrance but the security guards looked intense :(

our tent was right at the back but still better than the night time "dodge the wires" walk in the main campsite. showers were lovely. expected the toilets to be cleaner. free phone charging was handy.

the main perk for me was being able to leave work on friday without the headache of finding somewhere to pitch a tent when i arrived. arrived up about half 5, can in hand by 5.45, into the arena just after 6. if i could get up earlier in the day to have the pick of where to camp i dont think id bother though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

endainoz wrote: »
    how is that a gripe exactly? Also thinking of booking pink moon this year, I think im old enough to be a snob!! Which car park does pink moon use? And is it as long of a walk as the car park to the normal camp sites?

the nearest car park for Pink Moon is car park Z but as jadie said it really depends on which way you hit Stradbally that will determine whether you'll get access to it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

jadie wrote: »
    Pink Moon is okay, depends where you end up having your tent, have no control over this. If its at the end of the campsite you have a long walk to showers toilets etc. I found the toilets to be really manky there, not enough of them and not cleaned regularly. the showers were great though and the tent was a good size. It's a long walk from the car park- we couldn't park in the two carparks nearest to it simply because we were coming from the cork side which was a pain. It's also annoying being right beside the electric arena as other said but having to walk to the main entrance.

@jadie - I also come from the Cork direction and I actually stay on the motorway and head a little more north and exit for Monasterevin. I then take the back roads to Stradbally which will bring you right up to car park Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

We've decided that due to the fact we left our tent behind last year, and my impressive complaining because we tented on rocky ground, we are fancy camping this year. €275 per couple (2 sharing) in Bellepads. I'm really looking forward to it :) And it's being paid in installments, so nothing too scary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

did it last year was very good, was just with my brother so didnt want a small tent being trampled. great to go down a bit later the friday and have your tent and spot guaranteed and plenty of space to sit outside for your cans without people on top of you. its just a long walk back and forth if you need to go to Jimmy Hendrix etc.

considering the Pink Moon area is right behind the electric arena - would be great if they sort out an entrance that brings you into the arena there as its such an unnecessary trek walking all the way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

If you head up/down the m9 and turn off for athy then head for stradbally you'll be directed into the carpark closest to the pink moon.

Also glamping it for the first time. Mainly due to tent damage last time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Apparently blur let it slip during interview with irish radio show they will.have gig here later In
    the year, didn't hear it myself. Anyone hear anything about.it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Apparently blur let it slip during interview with irish radio show they will.have gig here later In
    the year, didn't hear it myself. Anyone hear anything about.it?

Feckin fingers crossed that would be mighty.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Just looking on the net Blur have announced a gig for Belfast on 7th November so not looking likely for the Picnic now, I presume there will be a Dublin date in November too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Just looking on the net Blur have announced a gig for Belfast on 7th November so not looking likely for the Picnic now, I presume there will be a Dublin date in November too.

There is a Blur tribute band playing Belfast on November 7th, no sign of the real thing playing. You get your wires crossed?

lc180 wrote: »
    There is a Blur tribute band playing Belfast on November 7th, no sign of the real thing playing. You get your wires crossed?

Was thinking the title BlurVsOasis a bit strange, when you click the link though it looks like Blur official.

http://www.stereoboard.com/blur-tickets/belfast

Yeah your right I scrolled down a bit and there was BlurVsOasis, so theres still hope, fingers crossed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Yeah your right I scrolled down a bit and there was BlurVsOasis, so theres still hope, fingers crossed again.

Blurs new album is due for release on 27th April, so that date would fit nicely with another EP lineup announcement..

On a side note, would love to see Tracy Chapman or Annie Lennox added to lineup..Just to throw it out there Id love a late night chill out session in the Forest/Body and Soul area with Deep Forest.... not a chance but we all have dreams...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'd love Tracey chapman added. That would be special

Advertisement