Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Actually we purchased two family camping tickets way back when in September on the payment plans with the intention of bringing our two kiddies. Plans have changed and now we are embracing the madness with friends rather than as a family. Our last payment on the tickets is due at the end of month so actual tickets should arrive by end of April going on previous years experience. If there are any board members here that need family camping tickets and are willing to swap for face value two genuine general camping tickets and meet us at EP gates for the ticket exchange, we would be happy to help your cause. Send me a private message and we can exchange details etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'd like to see incubus. There I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I'd like to see incubus. There I said it.

Saw them touring Light Grenades in the National Stadium in Dublin and they were pretty good. I'd see them again if I could hand pick their setlist. A lot of pretty average stuff on the last few albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

deeceemee wrote: »
    Actually we purchased two family camping tickets way back when in September on the payment plans with the intention of bringing our two kiddies. Plans have changed and now we are embracing the madness with friends rather than as a family. Our last payment on the tickets is due at the end of month so actual tickets should arrive by end of April going on previous years experience. If there are any board members here that need family camping tickets and are willing to swap for face value two genuine general camping tickets and meet us at EP gates for the ticket exchange, we would be happy to help your cause. Send me a private message and we can exchange details etc

I've found one buyer for ya she was on the thread about two or three weeks ago, Layne, she would do a swap for one or two I'd say I think she has the normal camping ones. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94511455&postcount=847

Edit: Actually I don't think she has tickets, I'd say she'd buy but your wanting to swap aren't you.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Edit: Actually I don't think she has tickets, I'd say she'd buy but your wanting to swap aren't you.[/QUOTE]

Id rather swap like for like as it would make things easier...When we bought tickets they were fairly cheap in Sep. 2014. Theres been an increase now in ticket prices so to sell at face value for the tickets now would mean we would be out of pocket when we went to purchase two general tickets after the sale of the family tickets...Would love to help people who are genuinely looking for family tickets to get there but obviously we dont want to be loosing money in the process...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The family campsite tickets are worth more than the general sale because they're sold out. You'll easily sell them on toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

If the extra capacity goes ahead, as Scruff said it's 5000*194 = €970000 extra cash some of which can be used to book more expensive acts. Don't forget they already have extra cash from last years increase, 37K'ish to 41K.

Blur could be a real possibility!! I personally think if you're planning on going and don't have a ticket now's the time to get one.

As I've said before I don't mind the extra capacity when it comes to camping, it's just fields, sure you might end up further from the main arena but if everything else is done right like toilets and catering it won't bother me that much.
    For the main arena I would like to see the boutique camping pushed right into the corner, increase the capacity of the EA and set it back a little further to the free space

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would like to see these added , They are playing Whelans in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If the extra capacity goes ahead, as Scruff said it's 5000*194 = €970000 extra cash some of which can be used to book more expensive acts. Don't forget they already have extra cash from last years increase, 37K'ish to 41K.
    Festival republic have been cutting back on things ever since they got involved they are more likely to pocket that money then put it back into the festival, they have no excuse its back making money now. Other than put a few tellys next to the main stage, set up a stage for other voices and get red bull to do the woods they have done nothing to freshen the place up. They have made electric arena smaller , ditched arcadia (despite being available) don't bother having a full bill on friday and havent invited back a tonne of side shows.

They know they can get way with it because given the furore on the blackmarket for tickets last year theres enough delluded fools about who don't care and will pay full price anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Electic Arena smaller? It's been same size last two years.

Wrt to money if they've got the go ahead for additional bodies, I wouldn't take it that it would be a straight 5k x figure of money.
    It's going to split out between
    a) weekend + sunday tickets
    and
    b) additional bodies on site = higher fee for food stands and also a higher fee for the companies running the bars in the main arena.

No doubt they've noticed that there's a sh1t load of people that never leave the camp sites and are factoring that into the equation in terms of layout if the extra numbers go ahead. Why move things about when you've sold a fcukton of additional tickets but don't actually have to entertain any more than the previous year.

• Advertisement

lbj666 wrote: »
    Festival republic have been cutting back on things ever since they got involved they are more likely to pocket that money then put it back into the festival, they have no excuse its back making money now. Other than put a few tellys next to the main stage, set up a stage for other voices and get red bull to do the woods they have done nothing to freshen the place up. They have made electric arena smaller , ditched arcadia (despite being available) don't bother having a full bill on friday and havent invited back a tonne of side shows.

They know they can get way with it because given the furore on the blackmarket for tickets last year theres enough delluded fools about who don't care and will pay full price anyway.

The Rankin Woods tent I think is the old Electric Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

Blur added to Benicassim lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

JackMcA wrote: »
    Blur added to Benicassim lineup

Would LOVE to see them at the picnic, but can't see it happening :( . I will settle for a dublin gig at this stage . !

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭etherealfairy

Hey! Super pleased with this year's line-up, I hope everyone else is too.

I'm just wondering if there many guestlist spaces (if any??) at EP? It's my first time going and I will hopefully gain access through one of the headlining bands.

If so, what does this entitle you to? Is it the same at Longitude and Phoenix Park where there was a guest area with bar, proper toilets etc? Or would it just enable you you to get in without a ticket? As I said, I've never been to EP before so I'd just like to see what my likelihood of getting in on GL is

Thanks a million in advance, all the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

It would make sense though, announce 2 of the headliners and a couple other mid tier acts, sell a blast of tickets...wait a while, hike up the prices, announce Blur and sell even more tickets at the higher price...a man can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Paid the first instalment on my weekend ticket yesterday, delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭etherealfairy

Mr.S wrote: »
    All acts will get comp tickets / guestlist spots (most still come with a charity donation at the gate, so not totally free by the way).

Getting on acts guestlist is another story though, why would a headline act put you on their list?

There's a few different "guestist" types at EP, ranging from standard entry so you just get a free ticket (and the charity donation i mentioned above) or VIP / Media which has private food / bar / toilets etc etc.

I very much doubt you'll get on a headline acts guestlist tbh, unless you work in the industry~

Thanks so much for clearing things up! Yeah I know, I've been on headliners' guestlists before and donated at Longitude and Phoenix Park. I know one of the headliners personally which is how I'll gain entry haha I'm not just chancing my arm! I was just wondering if my gueslist place will allow me access to a special area but I guess not as I wouldn't be gaining media access. Thanks again :-)

Thanks so much for clearing things up! Yeah I know, I've been on headliners' guestlists before and donated at Longitude and Phoenix Park. I know one of the headliners personally which is how I'll gain entry haha I'm not just chancing my arm! I was just wondering if my gueslist place will allow me access to a special area but I guess not as I wouldn't be gaining media access. Thanks again :-)

Go on spill the beans!!! who :p:p:p

Separately, Doing some line up checking of bands I don't know. Really liking Little May
    https://youtu.be/ZMtNyG5OPqM?list=PLHK-AXPCeQV5-IqF9u_EmpxPBwjblERGC

Also, is it just me or does Florence get her tits out in the new video;););). 1:05min
    https://youtu.be/XgeKHTcufLY

lbj666 wrote: »

Completely agree, I never said it was a good thing. My point was their "cash up front budget" is much more now, they can afford bigger acts.

No doubt EP is now a cash cow, lets hope they don't forget the little things that made/makes it spectacular!!! and not turn it into the next Oxeygen!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

So maybe blur a possibility or perhaps faithless as next addition headliner, both would seem to be (outside(ish)) chance Additions I think, looking at their schedules and considering type of act favoured by ep.for me either would be brilliant, I konw my age showing there:-) just wondering if anyone could sugest newer acts who would fill this spot for this year, I like fatm but not blown away,what are talented big name headlining bands We could be listening to in 15 ep.:-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

EP is far from a cash cow. You are deluded to think otherwise. The overheads are massive over here

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Go on spill the beans!!! who :p:p:p

Separately, Doing some line up checking of bands I don't know. Really liking Little May

Also, is it just me or does Florence get her tits out in the new video;););). 1:05min

Fixed your embed code =]

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Those Aussie ladies (Little May) are very good, aren't they? Just the sort of thing one likes to hear at EP. Last year, fellow Aussies Vancouver Sleep Clinic played EP. It was their first time in Europe. They were brilliant.

Has anyone seen Dan Tanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Stechkin

Has anyone seen Dan Tanna.

Sorry i didnt seen Dan Tanna

EP is far from a cash cow. You are deluded to think otherwise. The overheads are massive over here

But harsh, but if you have actual figures from the last 3years to prove this I'll gladly accept my delusion ;)

It's not as if the overheads suddenly spring up at the last moment and they say "**** we forgot about the overheads!!" And of course the overheads for IRL are much higher than the UK. But nonetheless these overheads are fixed to a large degree, they obviously take that into account when setting prices and budgets.

You are deluded if you think a company who forked out a large sum for the EP is going to proceed with a business model that's,
    Income - overheads = €0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

But harsh, but if you have actual figures from the last 3years to prove this I'll gladly accept my delusion ;)

It's not as if the overheads suddenly spring up at the last moment and they say "**** we forgot about the overheads!!" And of course the overheads for IRL are much higher than the UK. But nonetheless these overheads are fixed to a large degree, they obviously take that into account when setting prices and budgets.

You are deluded if you think a company who forked out a large sum for the EP is going to proceed with a business model that's,
    Income - overheads = €0

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/electric-picnic-organiser-on-the-ball-as-finances-improve-302201.html

Whosthis wrote: »

Good to see figures, would really love to see the 2014's result. Knew there were loss making years 2010-2012 but genuinely shocked to see losses in 2013! That was a sell out year, reduced everything! including Friday night, increased Sunday tickets and maximum capacity increased to 35k sold out. I don't understand how this is loss making?or how did it ever operate profitably, even at €240 a pop? Unless losses were carried over?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I would wonder is this loss making in the way that a lot of movies are loss making for tax purposes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Good to see figures, would really love to see the 2014's result. Knew there were loss making years 2010-2012 but genuinely shocked to see losses in 2013! That was a sell out year, reduced everything! including Friday night, increased Sunday tickets and maximum capacity increased to 35k sold out. I don't understand how this is loss making?or how did it ever operate profitably, even at €240 a pop? Unless losses were carried over?
    lots of €150 tickets sold in 2013, so that's 1/3rd less cash i'd imagine.

probably took in more than only selling 23k tickets at €230 a go the previous year though.

Advertisement