Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Is there more acts to be announced for Body & Soul soon or is that it for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Belsonic launch party tonight in Belfast at 7pm with first acts being announced.

Interesting to see if any acts will make the trip to EP given that both events fall around the same time!!

any idea who will play belsonic ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

£149 actually sounded reasonable until I noticed the solar power pack is another £90 extra!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

s8n wrote: »
    any idea who will play belsonic ??

Always a tricky enough event to predict line-up wise.

I suppose some of the following would be in the mix: (given a capacity of 5,000)

Most of the below would probably sell fairly well. Any potential EP acts in this list?? (George Ezra already confirmed)

Sam Smith
    Rudimental
    Hozier
    Mark Ronson
    George Ezra - (EP)
    Jessie J
    Seasick Steve
    The Prodigy
    Stereophonics
    Paloma Faith
    Black Star Riders
    Kodaline
    Alt J
    Chemical Brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Might as well put up a sign saying "knackers, rob me first"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Always a tricky enough event to predict line-up wise.

I suppose some of the following would be in the mix: (given a capacity of 5,000)

Most of the below would probably sell fairly well. Any potential EP acts in this list?? (George Ezra already confirmed)

Sam Smith
    Rudimental
    Hozier
    Mark Ronson
    George Ezra - (EP)
    Jessie J
    Seasick Steve
    The Prodigy
    Stereophonics
    Paloma Faith
    Black Star Riders
    Kodaline
    Alt J
    Chemical Brothers

11026273_911655908856585_8685185062842700679_n.jpg?oh=185bafd970ffe3d50ed7ad1be7412673&oe=5571AF85&__gda__=1434396143_f3c56325c964773222278643dacc6850

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Would love to see Paloma Faith live.

Still crossing my fingers for BLUR. Seen them in Kilmainham and they were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

that super bock festival in portugal have good value tickets, 3 day for €95, fine line up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

11026273_911655908856585_8685185062842700679_n.jpg?oh=185bafd970ffe3d50ed7ad1be7412673&oe=5571AF85&__gda__=1434396143_f3c56325c964773222278643dacc6850
    That's the most uninspiring list I've seen since I processed an invoice for new office stationery working as a clerk back in 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

That's the most uninspiring list I've seen since I processed an invoice for new office stationery working as a clerk back in 2007.

Aside from Mini Mansions (who have a pretty impressive lineup) and MAYBE Stereophonics there is nobody there that would make me get out of bed if they were playing outside my house. What were the organisers thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Seen a lot of decent bands at Belsonic, but this years line up has nothing I'd want to see apart from maybe stereophonics. Nothing stands out as massive either, they usually have something big thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

r.e. Belsonic
    Dreadful lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Not near enough speculation!!!

Any insight on the day and time for FATM & Underworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I'd be very surprised if FATM wasn't closing Sunday main stage and Underworld closing Saturday main stage.

Hope Tame Impala aren't on the main stage. Their sound is a lot better suited indoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Hopefully Underworld are in a tent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

bc dub wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if FATM wasn't closing Sunday main stage and Underworld closing Saturday main stage.

Hope Tame Impala aren't on the main stage. Their sound is a lot better suited indoors.

My bet is FATM closing Sunday and Underworld closing Saturday but I would say Tame Impala and the War on Drugs to go on the main stage on prime slots too. Like the National a few years ago or Foals last year. Just below the main slot, or if either is on Friday they could be the main slot if nobody else is announced at the top of the bill.

We know B&S are playing the Electric Arena on the Friday which makes me think there'll be a bigger band on the main stage then, even if it's a legacy slot like Blondie / Pet Shop Boys last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Synode wrote: »
    Hopefully Underworld are in a tent

Can't see it happening as great as it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gerry20

anyone know if EP 2015 is doing the loyalty offer this year?

If yes can you send me the link. sorry if this has been asked already.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

gerry20 wrote: »
    anyone know if EP 2015 is doing the loyalty offer this year?

If yes can you send me the link. sorry if this has been asked already.

thanks

That ship has sailed I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gerry20

damn, I kinda had a feeling it was. thanks for the info Mince Pie. :)

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Can't see it happening as great as it would be

They played in a big tent at EP in 2008. Great gig (the giant self-inflating balls were a highlight). Not sure if they've played since

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they played on the main stage in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Just come across Jamie XX and Im liking his stuff... Anyone else feel he could be a nice addition to the line up? Hi Boiler Room Set in Miami is sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jamie XX is playing at Forbidden Fruit so I would doubt it, although I'd say he would be very suited to picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Synode wrote: »
    They played in a big tent at EP in 2008. Great gig (the giant self-inflating balls were a highlight). Not sure if they've played since

They played in the EA on the Saturday night 08'. They teased with snippets of born slippy from early on, had a giant ball to one side of the stage which they slowly lowered and raised as a kind of 'drop the beat' indicator! The crowd were just bonkers, amazing atmosphere! And when they did finally drop the ball and the born slippy beat the place just erupted!

Not a chance of them playing anywhere but the main stage unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Green Man festival on two weeks before EP has some interesting acts that might hit or are playing EP too, although some played last year.

Super Furry animals, St Vincent, Hot Chip, Slow Dive, Goat (Playing B&S festival), Father John Misty, Calexico, Television, Mew, Courtney Bartnett, The Fall, Public Service Broadcasting, Temples, The Staves, Charles Bradley, Sun Ra Arkestra, Matthew White, Jamie XX, Beyond the Wizard's Sleeve, The 2 Bears, Slyvan Esso, Dan Deacon, Son Lux, White Fence, Hookworms, Waxahatchee, Viet Cong, The Wave Pictures, Natalie Prass, Marika Hackman, Owen Pallet, Songhoy Blues, Sturgil Simpson, The Pictish Trail and Sweet Baboo, Emmy the Great, Strand of Oaks, Steve Gunn, Peter Broderick, Alasdair Roberts, This is the Kit, Ryley Walker, Richard Dawson, Slug, Zun Zun Egui, H Hawkline, Jane Weaver, BC Camplight, Zefur Wolves, Kiran leonard, The Drink, Ultimate Painting, Hooton Tennis Club, Meilyr Jones, Trust Fund, Alex burey, Corey Bowen, Huw Stevens (DJ), Tom Ravenscroft (DJ), Nothing Is (DJ)

http://www.greenman.net/line-up/2015/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Super Furry Animals will hopefully get on the bill for EP. Maybe Swervedriver too...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Swervedriver would be the dog's b*llocks!! They were superb back in the day & I used to play their stuff very loudly!! Know they are on the circuit at present. That, with Ride, would really make my weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

How long do the tickets stay at the early bird price, does anybody know?

• Advertisement

They're no longer at early bird prices

Advertisement