Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Long shot here but is there even an inkling of hope that Blur could play? Was hoping they would be the third headliner for Glasto and thats a non runner and not getting tickets for the Hyde Park shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ah here, Ticketmaster posted my tickets today. I'll definitely have them lost by September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Ah here, Ticketmaster posted my tickets today. I'll definitely have them lost by September!

Just put them in that place you always put them…you know, in the press, behind the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

For a novice where is a good place to stay for EP if not camping. Any hotels or BnB in the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Send them to me, I'll mind them for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

who_ru wrote: »
    For a novice where is a good place to stay for EP if not camping. Any hotels or BnB in the area?

Had a look a while back.. there's not much around tbh. For the quieter life it'd be the glamping section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

When did you buy yours? just wondering cos I've heard feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I got mine months ago, but then I did buy them the day after the last one ended.

ewj1978 wrote: »
    When did you buy yours? just wondering cos I've heard feck all.

Got them via the early bird installment plan while hungover after EP2014. Don't really remember ordering them!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cian_M

Laura Marling and Mac Demarco have both been added to End of the Road.

Would love to see either or both (especially Mac) added to the EP line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

My tix have been posted aswell, to my previous bloody address ffs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭paulbok

You'd be lucky at this stage to get somewhere like that for 2016 due to demand.
    B&B's usuall keep the same guests. Hotels may be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

maximoose wrote: »
    My tix have been posted aswell, to my previous bloody address ffs :mad:
    That's most likely going to happen to mine as well if I don't get them this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

AdMMM wrote: »
    That's most likely going to happen to mine as well if I don't get them this week.

Ring them to see if they have been posted.

My order is still showing as 'processing' on the site. I ordered the day after last year's fest and then moved house about 2 weeks afterwards. Updated my billing address details that same week, but it doesn't seem to update orders already in the system. Rang to see if I could change it but apparently already posted on the 15th.

Luckily I only moved around the corner and can call in to see if they are there. If I can't get them I've to ring back next month and they'll issue new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Cian_M wrote: »
    Laura Marling and Mac Demarco have both been added to End of the Road.

Would love to see either or both (especially Mac) added to the EP line up

Marling is good but Mac Demarco is great shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Jamie XX is playing at Forbidden Fruit so I would doubt it, although I'd say he would be very suited to picnic.

Saw him at life festival last year he was the dogs bollocks, can't see him playing the picnic tho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Saw him at life festival last year he was the dogs bollocks, can't see him playing the picnic tho

He's playing Green Man festival in Wales two weeks before EP, its not been unheard of that an act has played both FF or Longitude and EP too, unless Electric Zoo snap him up in the US.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭teecee74

Hi

A few years back I stayed at Gandon Lodge, it was a great location and the staff were lovely. If you like chips with your full Irish breakfast then you are on to a winner. It's got a bar serving food, a function room and about 20 bedrooms, there's a petrol station on the side. They will organise taxis to/from EP ( about 10 minutes in the car it's not close enough to walk) and they try to provide a shuttle so they have a minivan for 8/10 at a time.

There are buses from Portlaois so you could look there also and Emo if you've got a designated driver in the group. There's not much chance of finding anything within walking distance that isn't a camp site.

If you can't find bricks and mortar accommodation then pay the extra for boutique camping. I camped in Pink Moon last year, a million times better than the general chaos of the normal camp sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Swarlez wrote: »
    How long do the tickets stay at the early bird price, does anybody know?
    Synode wrote: »
    They're no longer at early bird prices

Loyalty tickets are gone.
    They're currently €194.50. Previous years the full price was €230 or €240.
    I haven't seen anywhere if/when they will go up.
    I'd be surprised if they didn't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Synode wrote: »
    They played in a big tent at EP in 2008. Great gig (the giant self-inflating balls were a highlight). Not sure if they've played since

I've seen them a good few times and i thought that was one of their poorer sets but the crowd was going fairly mental

Spoonman
    Glam Bucket
    Rez / Cowgirl
    Beautiful Burnout
    Two Months Off
    You Do Scribble
    King of Snake
    Born Slippy .NUXX

I think this year's picnic set should be a lot better and a lot more off it.
    You would imagine they'll get 2 hours which should be 13/14 underworld tracks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jeezo this thread has gone quiet, can we have more discussions please.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

My ticket arrived on Monday:)
    160€. Must have used early bird instalment.

Snarky Snark Snark

needs more announcement goodness so that people can then freak out Kanye at Glastonbury style with either "oooooh yeah, right moist about that" or "I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire" type reactions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

OK so...

Going back to the wishlist of additional acts, the 'Outside Lands' festival in San Francisco is featuring a few acts who are also doing EP; Tame Impala, Django Django, Hot Chip.
    http://pitchfork.com/news/58955-kendrick-lamar-tame-impala-dangelo-wilco-elton-john-st-vincent-set-for-outside-lands/

So Kendrick Lamar, First Aid Kit and the Black Keys maybe?

Although I'm not too impressed with Kendrick Lamar's new album after the first couple of listens...

Although I'm not too impressed with Kendrick Lamar's new album after the first couple of listens...

+1 on this. Have been told by loads of blogs that I should like it but I just dont. Even the fceking Verge had an article on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

First Aid Kit please....

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Long shot here but is there even an inkling of hope that Blur could play? Was hoping they would be the third headliner for Glasto and thats a non runner and not getting tickets for the Hyde Park shows.

I had started to hope this as well , but is there a Sat headliner slot still available for instance or is this definitely Underworld? This is assuming as everyone predicts FATM is Sunday headliner

Are we still due a mainstage headline act?

Snarky Snark Snark

I think we are due two more main headliners, Friday and Saturday, FATM i would think are sunday headliners, underworld for closing saturday night but still leaves big gaps (unless i'm totally wrong about popularity of war on drugs and the like).

Manics I would think would be perfect for closing the electric arena but could also do for the friday evening slot on main.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I don't see FATM headlining Sunday. I think she'll be Saturday, with Underworld on Friday. Still hoping for Blur to close it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I've seen them a good few times and i thought that was one of their poorer sets but the crowd was going fairly mental

Spoonman
    Glam Bucket
    Rez / Cowgirl
    Beautiful Burnout
    Two Months Off
    You Do Scribble
    King of Snake
    Born Slippy .NUXX

I think this year's picnic set should be a lot better and a lot more off it.
    You would imagine they'll get 2 hours which should be 13/14 underworld tracks

Last time i saw them, they were fantastic ... (EP main stage 2011 ???)

Sadly they don't play this "version" of born slippy anymore ... this is my favourite underworld tune. I much prefer this to .NUXX ... YMMV ;)

/plays tune again

Advertisement