Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Muse?!?! New album on the way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

pretty sure going by the poster and promo that Underworld are headliners.
    i don't think they should be, given their previous appearances weren't headlining and they've done nothing to move upwards, but such is the stripped-back EP we have now...

likewise the Manics were on the Electric Arena at 7:30pm last time they played, and they're hardly any bigger or more relevant now, so being on the 2nd line of the poster (along with Roisin Murphy) as some sort of big deal is a bit of a piss-take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Death Grips touring this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Death Grips touring this summer.

Not broken up then? .. I'm confused :rolleyes:.

World tour starts in June. North America June/July ...
    "more dates to be announced, including: Sacramento, Los Angeles, and various international locations,"

This could happen!

Hard to know with these guys. The break up might have been them trolling. Or this tour might be them trolling. Or both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Blur will stream a live performance of the new album tonight at 8pm:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Just in case anyones interested in the Eco-camping....I emailed BYE organisers on Facebook there to see would they be back at EP this year. An official announcement is coming soon I was told so keep alert for info on the opening date for registration my fellow eco-campers. There was only about 400 places last year and they were snapped up quickly. You'd want to be quick off the bat to secure a place unless they extend the camp site this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Anybody think faithless could be a possible addition? they seem to be doing a few dates around the time including south west four festival in London the weekend before ep.

Could well be, especially if they are intending to stick underworld on Friday. Hope not though, apart from Insomnia and We come 1 they're not up to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Said I'd leave this here don't think they share many acts but Pukkelpop announced line-up today,maybe some of these names are heading to E.P?......

343095.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Will take Daniel Avery B2B Erol Alkin anyway, Four Tet as well.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park to headline a day each!

Only messin' yiz fools

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Fingers crossed ZM plays, now that he's gone solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

So , is it 100% safe to assume from the EP posters that it's a regular Underworld set and not Dubnobasswithmyheadman live as per Primavera?

BananaR wrote: »
    So , is it 100% safe to assume from the EP posters that it's a regular Underworld set and not Dubnobasswithmyheadman live as per Primavera?

Is it not like what the Pixies were doing, I thought it was an Underworld tour with Dubnobasswithmyheadman revisited in general, or is that just an exclusive for Primavera.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Could well be, especially if they are intending to stick underworld on Friday. Hope not though, apart from Insomnia and We come 1 they're not up to much.

Haven't seen them live myself so couldn't speak to how good they are but some friends have and speak very highly, have you seen them or does anyone here think they might be good addition

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Is it not like what the Pixies were doing, I thought it was an Underworld tour with Dubnobasswithmyheadman revisited in general, or is that just an exclusive for Primavera.

No , you're right. It's a dubnobass tour elsewhere for sure. they're hardly gonna change the format much. Maybe just the 1st edition poster not specific. Just wondering if it's that complete album followed by additional etc. . That would tie in with Pixies format

So Electric Zoo hasn't made any announcements as yet as its line up usually determines if we are going to get to see such and such an electronic artist that particular weekend. But they have robbed opportunities sometimes of serious electronic artists from Electric Picnic, but then again some have already planned a US leg of a tour that coincides with that too. Fingers crossed for some good electronica this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

So Electric Zoo hasn't made any announcements as yet as its line up usually determines if we are going to get to see such and such an electronic artist that particular weekend. But they have robbed opportunities sometimes of serious electronic artists from Electric Picnic, but then again some have already planned a US leg of a tour that coincides with that too. Fingers crossed for some good electronica this year.

Why electric zoo? I know it's on in September but, would you not be better off looking at electronic festivals that are on in europe around august/september? Going by electric zoos line up from last year I can't see many playing ep, especially the big names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Why electric zoo? I know it's on in September but, would you not be better off looking at electronic festivals that are on in europe around august/september? Going by electric zoos line up from last year I can't see many playing ep, especially the big names.

Its on the same time as EP.

• Advertisement

keithkk16 wrote: »

No what I mean is there was twelve acts at the Red Bull stage last year, don't get me wrong they were good but it was 12 acts less than the year before and the Little Big Tent hasn't been open on the Fridays since 2011 or 12 BECAUSE all these good acts or acts perfect for the Picnic are playing EZ instead. Its because EZ is massive so can pays lots of dosh to get the acts I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Ah right I know what you mean now. I'm on the same boat but most of what I wanna see are playing Longitude or Forbidden Fruit already.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Yeah, the Picnic would be doing well to surpass the awesomeness of Forbidden Fruit.

Here's who they'd need to get:

The Prodigy
    Steve Lawler
    Green Velvet
    Pat Mahoney
    Soul Clap
    Trentemøller
    Jamie Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'd kill to get Earl Sweatshirt at EP. Considering getting a Saturday ticket just for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pukkelpop announcement

The Get Up Kids are still around?! Christ that takes me back to playing snowboarding games when I was 10. Give me them please EP!

Oh, and Interpol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭paulbok

I'd kill to get Earl Sweatshirt at EP. Considering getting a Saturday ticket just for him!

No Sataurday tickets. Only Sunday day tickets, and they are long sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

paulbok wrote: »
    No Sataurday tickets. Only Sunday day tickets, and they are long sold out.

Saturday tickets for Forbidden Fruit where Earl Sweatshirt is playing I'd assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Haven't seen them live myself so couldn't speak to how good they are but some friends have and speak very highly, have you seen them or does anyone here think they might be good addition

I saw Faithless at Oxegen a couple of years ago and they were pretty good, most of the crowd (including me) only knew a couple of songs but they were good overall. Regarding electronic acts EP doesn't seem to focus on them as much as other festivals from what I can tell, although they always do have a few good ones between the RBMA and the Little Big Tent, not as much as something like Bestival which always has a brilliant electronic/DJ line up. I have confidence that Casa Bacardi will get a few good acts over again this year, could see the likes of Crazy P, Late Nite Tuff Guy or Prins Thomas/Lindstrom playing it hopefully. Has DJ Harvey ever played at Electric Picnic? Surely he would be very well suited to Casa Bacardi.

RBMA was very techno heavy last year, which suits it but isn't exactly my cup of tea, could imagine similar this year, might see someone like Daniel Avery down there this year maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

L7 have reformed & are touring?!!
    Would be an interesting choice.
    Anyone remember them on The Word, way back when?!

Martin

• Advertisement

I saw Faithless at Oxegen a couple of years ago and they were pretty good, most of the crowd (including me) only knew a couple of songs but they were good overall. Regarding electronic acts EP doesn't seem to focus on them as much as other festivals from what I can tell, although they always do have a few good ones between the RBMA and the Little Big Tent, not as much as something like Bestival which always has a brilliant electronic/DJ line up. I have confidence that Casa Bacardi will get a few good acts over again this year, could see the likes of Crazy P, Late Nite Tuff Guy or Prins Thomas/Lindstrom playing it hopefully. Has DJ Harvey ever played at Electric Picnic? Surely he would be very well suited to Casa Bacardi.

RBMA was very techno heavy last year, which suits it but isn't exactly my cup of tea, could imagine similar this year, might see someone like Daniel Avery down there this year maybe?

We better see him there, that or Body & Soul festival hopefully.

Advertisement