Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

sadie06 wrote: »
    Oh my God….really? I'm so shocked. We've been going for 4 years and this has never happened before.

Family Campsite 2 Tickets are now available from Ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Family Campsite 2 Tickets are now available from Ticketmaster.

You are my hero right now! I mailed Festival Republic this morning and they answered with a very vague "Family Camping 2 will be released in a day or two".

If I hadn't seen your post, I may have missed out, as it took three tries just now to secure the tickets. Thanks mate! :)

Family picnickers ….get booking!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Would love to see Gary Clark Jr. Also Noel Gallagher, he is supposed to have a new album out in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

I think the Black Keys have a good chance of headlining at EP and possibly the prodigy

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

They are on the ball this time. I got my ticket for next year in the post already. Only 50 weeks to wait now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wonder if they will announce the odd headliner in November, December, January like other festivals to corner a bit of the Xmas market, I wouldn't put it past them.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I wonder if they will announce the odd headliner in November, December, January like other festivals to corner a bit of the Xmas market, I wouldn't put it past them.

Yea I reckon you're right there! Benn is building a mini Glastonbury me thinks. (Although can't see them ever changing the bar/bringing drink into the arena arrangement)
    I expect without court cases they're already in talks with 1-2 acts. If booked no harm in releasing the names is there?

I remember RockNess doing it in the past announcing Leftfield and Vampire Weekend at the end of November 2009 and Reading & Leeds announcing early too among others.

I was planning on going to Glastonbury but now I have considered EP can anyone give me information about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

eldest200 wrote: »
    I was planning on going to Glastonbury but now I have considered EP can anyone give me information about it?

If you fail to get tickets for Glastonbury, its then you should consider going to the picnic.

• Advertisement

lbj666 wrote: »
    If you fail to get tickets for Glastonbury, its then you should consider going to the picnic.

EP wouldn't be as expensive for me I would just have to drive what would be the better experience I'm more into the mainstream bands

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

EP wouldn't be as expensive for me I would just have to drive what would be the better experience I'm more into the mainstream bands

T in the Park or V Festival

Mince Pie wrote: »
    T in the Park

I would have gone back in the day but I think T have gone the pop route in recent years

I would have gone back in the day but I think T have gone the pop route in recent years

You said mainstream bands. Reading???

To be honest, nothing but nothing can compare to Glastonbury, Electric Picnic is a smaller more corporate version (Heinekin everywhere) but still a fab festival.
    Not sure what kind of experience you are looking to get? If you just want to catch some bands go to Reading, if you want your mind blown but possibly at the expense of seeing very little music go to Glastonbury.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    You said mainstream bands. Reading???

To be honest, nothing but nothing can compare to Glastonbury, Electric Picnic is a smaller more corporate version (Heinekin everywhere)

I have thought about Reading its just the expense for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Oh lord, 10 pages for the 2015 EP already, I've only just recovered from this years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

Royal Blood.
    Kate Bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Would love to see Kate Bush, but it's extremely unlikely she'd do a festival gig. If she was to play here it's more likely to be a theatre setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Would love to see Kate Bush, but it's extremely unlikely she'd do a festival gig. If she was to play here it's more likely to be a theatre setting.

Wise choice, she would be amazing but I'd say theres zero chance of it. Bonnie Tyler on the Main stage as a poor mans substitute is more likely to happen given that theres loads looking for her back next year under the comments section on the EP Facebook Page.

Would like to see Alabamba Shakes make another appearance..they were great on the Saturday afternoon slot a few years back.

Snarky Snark Snark

Alabama Shakes, there was an older gent (not that i can talk) beside be at the front at Benjiman Booker, he said that they were amazing and well worth looking up if i liked the Booker stuff, forgot about that, must give them a whirl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

deeceemee wrote: »
    Wise choice, she would be amazing but I'd say theres zero chance of it. Bonnie Tyler on the Main stage as a poor mans substitute is more likely to happen...

Bonnie Tyler is the poor man's Kate Bush!?

If Kate did play, I'd love to see her bring out Rolf Harris for his bit on Ariel. He could do a stint in the kiddies area afterwards. Two-fer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

alastair wrote: »
    Bonnie Tyler is the poor man's Kate Bush!?

If Kate did play, I'd love to see her bring out Rolf Harris for his bit on Ariel. He could do a stint in the kiddies area afterwards. Two-fer!

Rolf Harris may have slight issues with availability.

Not my cup of tea but I see Eurythmics are 'back together' (not sure if they were even split up) and plan to release an album for 2015.
    They'll certainly play Glasto if the albums out in time, might be a shoe in for Friday night EP?

Snarky Snark Snark

oooh, they would be cool.
    Ticket arrived last week, only another 347 days to go...

Just bought tickets! Doesn't feel right this early in the year!

I'm loving the new Aphex Twin album Syro I hope he tours next year, it would be a peach at Electric Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Oh so we have until Tuesday to avail of the cheap offer right?

Do you have to email in proof of your festival-going to get a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Guys whats the email to retrieve the Loyalty tickets

lbj666 wrote: »
    Guys whats the email to retrieve the Loyalty tickets

picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Panic stations for the 150 tickets already

Oh Lawd.. Better send that email in..

Advertisement