Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,410 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Regarding electronic acts EP doesn't seem to focus on them as much as other festivals from what I can tell, although they always do have a few good ones between the RBMA and the Little Big Tent, not as much as something like Bestival which always has a brilliant electronic/DJ line up. I have confidence that Casa Bacardi will get a few good acts over again this year, could see the likes of Crazy P, Late Nite Tuff Guy or Prins Thomas/Lindstrom playing it hopefully. Has DJ Harvey ever played at Electric Picnic? Surely he would be very well suited to Casa Bacardi.

RBMA was very techno heavy last year, which suits it but isn't exactly my cup of tea, could imagine similar this year, might see someone like Daniel Avery down there this year maybe?

I would consider the EP as having very deep electronic roots, look back to the earlier line ups, some of the main acts were electronic'ee, as well as having the little big tent.

mgkelly wrote: »
    L7 have reformed & are touring?!!
    Would be an interesting choice.
    Anyone remember them on The Word, way back when?!

Martin

Yess would love to see them!!:cool::cool:

Would also love to see Goldroom added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I would consider the EP as having very deep electronic roots, look back to the earlier line ups, some of the main acts were electronic'ee, as well as having the little big tent.

seems to have gone off them a bit in recent years, with the LBT going from all DJs/electronic stuff, to a bit of a mix of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mgkelly wrote: »
    L7 have reformed & are touring?!!
    Would be an interesting choice.
    Anyone remember them on The Word, way back when?!

Martin

yep I remember that - wish I didn't (*gag)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I was at a rock festival in Italy years ago, and after seeing an evening lineup of Stereophonics, Skunk Anansie and Bush (that'll tell you how long ago!), Underworld came on stage. I have to say, I was *meh* about it before they came on, but they were brilliant, and a good fresh change to what had come before. Looking forward to them at EP

The day after, I saw Placebo, Hole, Blur, Marilyn Manson one after the other. Ah those were the days.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

RBMA was very techno heavy last year, which suits it but isn't exactly my cup of tea, could imagine similar this year, might see someone like Daniel Avery down there this year maybe?

That's the beauty of it RBMA stage. You can head down to the Bacardi stage and get some house and then pop over to the woods for some dirty techno. I'd love to see Dave Clarke there on the Friday night this year 12-4am with two hours of Electro and 2 hours of Techno :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The Longitude Festival line up looks fairly damn good, Vaccines, Alt-J, Young Fathers, Chemical Brothers, Wild Beasts, Everything Everything, Wolf Alice.

Any chance some of these might be back for the Picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Foals have announced several festivals dates in the last few days, would love to see them again. No better live band in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Foals have announced several festivals dates in the last few days, would love to see them again. No better live band in the world

Even though they played last year I really would look forward to a return. Raw energy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Played last year .. it won't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Is there any issue with bringing a carvan and parking it in the main car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I suspect that might be frowned upon for lots of reasons (insurance, safety etc...)

(though you do see plenty of people opting to kip in their cars instead of in a tent)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Another festival happening in Norfolk England on the same weekend as EP, Sundown their line up is a bit too commercial and poppy for EP but there are some electronic artists floating around that might make EP.

http://www.sundownfestival.co.uk/

Sundown-All-Acts-NEW-ACTS.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Another festival happening in Norfolk England on the same weekend as EP, Sundown their line up is a bit too commercial and poppy for EP but there are some electronic artists floating around that might make EP.

http://www.sundownfestival.co.uk/

That looks like belsonics line up for next year:p Wouldn't be arsed with any of those electronic acts.

Also is there anyway the rbma stage would keep going until 6am this year? I can just imagine the sun coming up in the middle of the woods.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    That looks like belsonics line up for next year:p Wouldn't be arsed with any of those electronic acts.

Also is there anyway the rbma stage would keep going until 6am this year? I can just imagine the sun coming up in the middle of the woods.

Well I'd imagine if you can get the mass of the crowd to stay, security wouldn't be able to clear the place, just bring some speakers or get behind the decks yourself and keep it going till 6. Its just when the main headliner finishes everyone usually leaves at the same time.

Well I'd imagine if you can get the mass of the crowd to stay, security wouldn't be able to clear the place, just bring some speakers or get behind the decks yourself and keep it going till 6. Its just when the main headliner finishes everyone usually leaves at the same time.

I mean would it be possible to have another act on from 4am to 6am? rbma stages at other festivals around europe do it. I know Ireland has some shi*ty laws with times and that though.

I mean would it be possible to have another act on from 4am to 6am? rbma stages at other festivals around europe do it. I know Ireland has some shi*ty laws with times and that though.

Aside from any laws, pretty sure RBMA can be heard from almost every camp site, 6am is a very delicate time when tent sleeping, it can make or break your weekend.

When the RBMA was run by Neutronyx and its was all psy-trance it used to go on to about 7 in the morning, this would be in the mid-noughties up to about 2010, 11. I think they changed the look of the area from 2012 onwards when the genre of musics there changed to techno and house and they got the cubed lighting stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not one act from that Sundown line up I'd like to see at Picnic! Wouldn't be surprised if we saw someone like Gorgon City play this year having had the likes of Duke Dumont, Annie Mac & Clean Bandit last year. Personally I think 4am is the perfect time for it to end but everyone's different, I've often wondered how come they don't have the slient disco open 24/7 or at least have it run on until a later time because there would be no noise pollution or anything, but then again you would probably have a few people who would literally not stop for the whole weekend! A few hours sleep at night does everyone the world of good.

Yeah I was more going on about the lower end of the bill with Sundown, the DJ bit Jaguar Skills, Andy C and Sub Focus I'm sure have played the Barcardi Bar at EP before. Was just listing another festival on at the same time although I did mention that it was more commercial cheesy. It will probably be the more later DJs if anything that will occasionally crossover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Not one act from that Sundown line up I'd like to see at Picnic! Wouldn't be surprised if we saw someone like Gorgon City play this year having had the likes of Duke Dumont, Annie Mac & Clean Bandit last year. Personally I think 4am is the perfect time for it to end but everyone's different, I've often wondered how come they don't have the slient disco open 24/7 or at least have it run on until a later time because there would be no noise pollution or anything, but then again you would probably have a few people who would literally not stop for the whole weekend! A few hours sleep at night does everyone the world of good.

Why would you list Annie Mac with Duke Dumont and Clean bandit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Why would you list Annie Mac with Duke Dumont and Clean bandit?

Haha apologies, I thought Gorgon City had a few songs out in the charts, I was thinking of Secondcity! Listed them because they are more mainstream dance acts, saw both Duke Dumont and Annie Mac at EP last year and thought their sets were quite similar.

Most campsites have loud talking and music going all night through tinny speakers, which travels a bit anyway so having the rbma stage going to 6am wouldn't make a big difference really. People could leave at different times too and not just a big massive group leaving the woods together at 4

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Any other new acts confirmed or strongly rumoured ?

Alvvays playing Saturday the 5th according to their web site.

http://alvvays.com/tour

Most campsites have loud talking and music going all night through tinny speakers, which travels a bit anyway so having the rbma stage going to 6am wouldn't make a big difference really. People could leave at different times too and not just a big massive group leaving the woods together at 4

You can get lucky & unlucky with neighbour noise, but its the base from RBMA and Trenchtown that really travels.

Trenchtown must be 24hours?

Last year camp sites were cramped much earlier than normal, ended up pitching in the worst spot opposite the entrance to the shop in Hendrix, portaloos beside the shop, no smell but I cant still hear the noise of the plastic spring loaded doors slapping shut!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Pretty busy pretty early last year... due to myself and most of my friends being late, we camped in Janis Joplin, and it was aok. You walk an extra 3 mins but Jesus it was so chilled out and relaxed with a nice bit of space. Plenty of fun to be had too.

Trenchtown is bass 24/7 and to be honest, I sleep with ear plugs and ear muffs in my tent and can't hear a thing. I value my sleep too much and it works a treat. If I'm tired, I'm grumpy so I want a nice sleep regardless of the surroundings!

I don't know how some people set up their tents opposite the food stalls blaring music all day. Crazy bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

King Kong Company mentioned on Dave Fanning's show this morning that they have been booked to play Electric Picnic this year. I know a lot of people enjoyed them last year so will probably be pleased to see they're back.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

King Kong Company mentioned on Dave Fanning's show this morning that they have been booked to play Electric Picnic this year. I know a lot of people enjoyed them last year so will probably be pleased to see they're back.

That's great news, someone mentioned some pages back that they had album out soon, anyone know anything about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

That's great news, someone mentioned some pages back that they had album out soon, anyone know anything about that?

They recorded new material early this year and have a new single "Space Hopper" for release in March. Have not heard any of the new material but they have played recently the at Roisin Dubh (Galway) and mates of mine reckon the gig was quality. There on my to see list for sure if they play EP

Advertisement