Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

'Stand Up' was a tune. Relevance is subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,740 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Mumford and sons have broken up haven't they.

Husband wants riptide movement at electric picnic. What do you think the chances are ;)

played there two years ago at 11 am on Sunday in one of the tents. Very good gig and they've moved up since!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Mumford and sons have broken up haven't they.

Husband wants riptide movement at electric picnic. What do you think the chances are ;)

Yeah, its been a few years now since the Riptide Movement have last played at EP. I was surprised with the release of their album last year that they weren't on the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Have the prodigy actually been relevent in the last 15+ years?

Fat of the land was what, 97?

Invaders must die was huge when it came out in 09 or something, so yeah they have been relevant

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

everlast75 wrote: »
    played there two years ago at 11 am on Sunday in one of the tents. Very good gig and they've moved up since!

For some reason i thought at first you were talking about Mumfor and Sons h
    P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Invaders must die was huge when it came out in 09 or something, so yeah they have been relevant

Yea i thought IMD was a cracker of an album , Plus they are unreal live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

'Stand Up' was a tune. Relevance is subjective.

Just a ****ty remix of one way glass.

Saw prodigy in 2005 at oxegen and thought they were great, despite Maxim and flint roaring innanely over the songs completely unnecessarily. In 2009 at oxegen they were much much worse. The innane yelling was taking centre stage, wrecking instrumentals as well as the regular songs. Sound quality was poor on the stage tbf but everything was much less impressive, invaders must die is a really uninspired album, and it comes across very strongly live.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Leftfield are doing a couple fests around the summer , would be cool if they played EP again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Invaders Must Die was absolute dogsh1t tbf

AONO slightly less so, still sh1t though.

the single I heard off the new album was atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

If The Prodigy did a classic set I think I'd be pretty happy. New album is so boring though. It's drum and bass for edm heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

Invaders Must Die isn't a good album.
    It has a few passable tunes on it but it's far from their earlier output.
    What I've heard of the new album is awful, although I've read a few people saying the second half of it has some decent stuff.
    Even so, I have my doubts about them being an EP type act nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Listened to Invaders must die, thought it was utter pants, not heard the new one yet either but just suspected their day was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Their new song is aptly named!

Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah, just listened to it on the yootoob, it's not the worst, sounds like some samples or repeated tricks from earlier work in it, mostly meh though.

That said, if i was blasted out of me tiny little gourd and looking for sommat to dance too, then could probably do worse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

Was this an April fools joke?

Any spare tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Was this an April fools joke?

Any spare tickets?

I'd almost forgotten about the torture that was the Garth Brooks saga.

Snarky Snark Snark

I'd almost forgotten about the torture that was the Garth Brooks saga.

That was not torture, that was fuuuucking hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I'm counting five months tonight.

Coming out of shop this week and Florence on the radio, said to kids you'll be hearing her live in a few months on one of the nights with lights, base, guitars etc. The excitement is building.

Basement Jaxx headlining a festival in Liverpool the weekend before EP. Would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

The Chromatics have a new album out and are touring this summer.

Perfect for EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Any chance of getting FKA Twigs back? Why did she have to cancel last year? I can't seem to remember.

Illness I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

I'd love to see FKA Twigs added. That would be huge. Been listening to this guy an awful lot. He is pretty far down on the bill but one I'll definitely be going to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Would love to see Bat for lashes again. Played back in 12 and were supporting to BLUR last year in Kilmainham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UznHTBZIa8E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Would love to see Bat for lashes again. Played back in 12 and were supporting to BLUR last year in Kilmainham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UznHTBZIa8E

Definatly. Caught the last two songs of hers when she played EP last, 'twas gorgeous

I'd love to see FKA Twigs added. That would be huge. Been listening to this guy an awful lot. He is pretty far down on the bill but one I'll definitely be going to see.

Cheers for that find , liking that song

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Cheers for that find , liking that song

Yeah he is seriously talented. Him and Kwabs could be some of the highlights of the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Where is the Log these days with the line up rumours, he used to frequent the EP Forum, C'mon EP announce a few more acts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Really hope these get added at some stage. There last show is Reading/Leeds the weekend before EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

around what time do tickets sell out?

Advertisement