Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭deeks

Maybe its wishful thinking but I reckon theres still a couple of big names to be announced. Assuming FATM are headlining Sunday and Underworld are in the late night main stage slot on Saturday that still leaves a Saturday headliner in the vein of Portishead last year and a Friday headliner. You would imagine that what was paid for Outkast last year would be broadly in line with FATM. I'm sure the likes of Beck / Paolo Nutini etc didn't come cheap last year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A rumour floating about on the EP thread in Efestivals festival forum that Stone Roses might be the third headliner for the Picnic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

deeks wrote: »
    Maybe its wishful thinking but I reckon theres still a couple of big names to be announced. Assuming FATM are headlining Sunday and Underworld are in the late night main stage slot on Saturday that still leaves a Saturday headliner in the vein of Portishead last year and a Friday headliner. You would imagine that what was paid for Outkast last year would be broadly in line with FATM. I'm sure the likes of Beck / Paolo Nutini etc didn't come cheap last year as well.

I would have thought Outkast would be more expensive then FATM . It says on FATM facebook page it has her down for the Friday

Friday - FATM
    Saturday - Underworld
    Sunday - Blur

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A rumour floating about on the EP thread in Efestivals festival forum that Stone Roses might be the third headliner for the Picnic.

Oh please god no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

They are also rumoured for Glasto. Everyone seems to have their knickers in a twist over the Roses in one way or another on eFests at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Would be interesting but I'd definitely prefer Blur. Can't trust the Roses live.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

really? that would be mint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Oh man I'd love that but I don't see it happening.

That said, my thinking behind why they didn't announce 3 headliners at the start was that the third was a band yet to announce a tour for this year so the Roses would tick that box tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Oh please god no

oh god YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Would be interesting but I'd definitely prefer Blur. Can't trust the Roses live.

I love the stone roses but Ian brown live :(
    He did a big top solo gig in the Phoenix park a few years back, vocally it was painful, almost embarrassing.
    I hate to say it, but he should definitely use auto tune! For me once thats sorted they would make cracking headliners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The Stone Roses wouldn't play EP. Christ, it would possibly be the greatest thing ever if they did, but it would never happen. Shame on all of you for getting me excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Why wouldn't they play EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Because every year since their (fantastic) gig at the Phoenix Park they've been rumoured to headline every big gig/festival in the country. It's not out of principle that they won't play, but they almost certainly won't play Ireland again.

I wish I was to be proved incorrect, but I won't be. Blur would offer a nice second best option.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I love the stone roses but Ian brown live :(
    He did a big top solo gig in the Phoenix park a few years back, vocally it was painful, almost embarrassing.
    I hate to say it, but he should definitely use auto tune! For me once thats sorted they would make cracking headliners.

saw then live in the Phoenix Park - he sounded great with 40 odd thousand backing singers :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I saw the Stone Roses in Belfast when they reformed. They were brilliant & vocally, no problems! I have also previously seen Ian Brown live in Mandela Hall in Belfast years ago & thought he was great! But then, I'm possibly not so objective. Bit of a Stone Roses freak!
    Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Ya out of curiousity hows Ians voice when he does his solo shows?

No problem with Stone Roses being there to be honest, would be quiet exited actually. There's been many older acts booked before with old worn out voices and there will be more again, they certainly have a place and it would automatically improve the appeal of the lineup too.

Its very strange for a big headliner to be announced so late though and when you hear EP are rumoured to pull something big out of the bag they never seem to.

The ole voice is no better/no worse when on own! The voice is kind of part of the appeal.
    Will be surprised if they are at EP, but it's good to dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Don't forget to get some beers in and watch the live coverage of Coachella on you tube, I'm having a mini festival in my living room!! Possibly might shat all over the jacks for full effect!!!

https://www.coachella.com/splash/

Ride are playing at Coachella.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

On another note Sufjan Stevens new album is incredible. I know there is zero chance of him being added but a guy can dream!

Why do you think that? I thought it looked fairly likely considering his current touring schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Don't forget to get some beers in and watch the live coverage of Coachella on you tube, I'm having a mini festival in my living room!! Possibly might shat all over the jacks for full effect!!!

Someone **** outside our tent 2 years ago, we gathered DNA and are still hunting the owner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Happened to a friends tent 5 years ago, and about 3 years ago it happened in a friends tent porch :|

No need for that carry on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Genuinely burst out laughing when I read that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

-=al=- wrote: »
    Happened to a friends tent 5 years ago, and about 3 years ago it happened in a friends tent porch :|

No need for that carry on

I wonder is it the same person

Just watching some old Elliott smith concert videos, as I do with a few glasses of wine, (sad loss)thinking sufjan Stevens really giving a nod to him in new album. Would really love to see him added to ep line up, reasonable chance I think given a date in UK week before

*because your candle burns too bright well I almost forgot it was twilight* ahh genius, time for bed but:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Why do you think that? I thought it looked fairly likely considering his current touring schedule.

Yeah in hindsight he could be a potential addition. I was thinking that a 15 year career and 7(?) albums would've jacked up his price out of EP's budget but he is still relatively unknown over here. Really hope he gets added!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Just watching some old Elliott smith concert videos, as I do with a few glasses of wine, (sad loss)thinking sufjan Stevens really giving a nod to him in new album. Would really love to see him added to ep line up, reasonable chance I think given a date in UK week before

When Sufjan was added as headliner for End of the Road, the announcement said it was his only festival slot in Europe in 2015. Obviously these agreements can change but it looks as close to certain as it could be that he won't be at EP unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Just finished watching Jack White's set at Coachella...

Can we haz?!

• Advertisement

^^^^^

Ride played "vapour trail" and "leave them all behind" in their set.

I'm going to be nursing a semi at their set in EP...

#nohomo

Advertisement