Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

re Ride
    Explain 'semi'? Semi-automatic?!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Just watching some old Elliott smith concert videos, as I do with a few glasses of wine, (sad loss)thinking sufjan Stevens really giving a nod to him in new album. Would really love to see him added to ep line up, reasonable chance I think given a date in UK week before

If you can find it watch Heaven Adores You. Bio about his life. It's fantastic. Up there with the Nirvana one that just came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

If you can find it watch Heaven Adores You. Bio about his life. It's fantastic. Up there with the Nirvana one that just came out.

Can't find it online.

Where did you get the Nirvana doc as well?

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Can't find it online.

Where did you get the Nirvana doc as well?

I actually ended up buying the Elliot Smith one because it is impossible to find online. Saw the Cobain on in the Cinema. Came out on Friday. It is so well made!

The Kurt Cobain documentary was reviewed on Arena on RTE radio 1 during the week. The reviewer was very positive. Said it was well made, but ended just prior to his suicide. Seems to suggest a very favourable impression of him. There is official endorsement from Courtney Love, Frances Bean Cobain & Krist Novoselic. No commentary from Dave Grohl.
    Apparently, there may be a second one to come, it is alleged.
    Available in selected cinemas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Pavement are supposedly announcing some news soon, maybe a tour, would they be a contender for the Picnic.

http://www.nme.com/news/pavement--2/84429

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Pavement are supposedly announcing some news soon, maybe a tour, would they be a contender for the Picnic.

Steve Malmus and the Jicks played the Sunday afternoon in the Rankin Wood Stage. Weren't a whole lot at it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭miss.piggy

Will there be any further sales of Sunday tickets do ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

http://www.nme.com/news/pavement--2/84429

I'd love to see Pavement but the sub headline of your link says they've ruled out live dates in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

miss.piggy wrote: »
    Will there be any further sales of Sunday tickets do ye reckon?

They sold out very quickly, I can only assume Sunday ticket capacity was reduced in order to increase full weekend capacity?? not likely to be further sales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 tmac162

When Sufjan was added as headliner for End of the Road, the announcement said it was his only festival slot in Europe in 2015. Obviously these agreements can change but it looks as close to certain as it could be that he won't be at EP unfortunately.

I dunno, they could've meant it's his only festival show of 2015 at that moment, as in his only show so far announced.

Also, its not his "only UK festival" show anyway. He's playing a gig for the Edinburgh Internation Festival in August. But I guess that's not really the traditional music festival.

I think it's just too perfect that he's playing in the UK the same weekend in as EP. He's very EP and would love to see him.

But am I just being too optimistic?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10612866_947864671925343_7671287489460494866_n.png?oh=26fcbe8f36a98f23bc7fcfd7cc9287c2&oe=55A1C05C&__gda__=1440896007_8b9ffa6a86070ddac1521848ee8335b5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

mgkelly wrote: »
    The Kurt Cobain documentary was reviewed on Arena on RTE radio 1 during the week. The reviewer was very positive. Said it was well made, but ended just prior to his suicide. Seems to suggest a very favourable impression of him. There is official endorsement from Courtney Love, Frances Bean Cobain & Krist Novoselic. No commentary from Dave Grohl.

It's an 'official' documentary, made with the full cooperation of his family, so it was always going to paint a positive picture of him. But there's nothing wrong with that. Every documentary is biased in one way or another. At least this one wears it on its sleeve.

No, I ain't surprised (nor am I troubled!) that it is very favourable!
    Realise it is going to be a bit biased.
    Would like to see it some time.
    ....but, we digress!!
    :)

Tyler The Creator has his new album out today. Really talented guy totally suffering because of his success. This new album is him doing a lot more of what he wants to. I'd love to see him added into the list. Saw Odd Future at Oxegen a few years ago and they were ok. It was more shouting than anything. Tyler seems to have really matured and his music has gotten so so much better. It'd be a great addition to the middle of the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hes playing Dublin the week before. Highly unlikely.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Hes playing Dublin the week before. Highly unlikely.

Good point actually. I'm heading to the gig so how I forgot that is beyond me!

10612866_947864671925343_7671287489460494866_n.png?oh=26fcbe8f36a98f23bc7fcfd7cc9287c2&oe=55A1C05C&__gda__=1440896007_8b9ffa6a86070ddac1521848ee8335b5

Coachella Vs an Irish festival!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

mgkelly wrote: »

Dave Grohl was filmed for the documentary but it was too late for the footage to be included in the cinematic release. His interview however will be included when its shown on HBO in May.

Anyway back on topic... I'm happy enough with the line-up so far, especially happy with Battles and Metz. A few nice additions would be Rodrigo y Gabriela, FFS, the Macabees, Son Lux, Refused and Kendrick Lamar, they're all in Europe at the time so fingers crossed.

I'd be happy enough with Blur as the 3rd headliner but less so with the Stone Roses. I saw them on the reunion tour (not in the Phoenix Park) and Ian Brown's singing was awful, but I suppose everyone can have an off night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Anyone's second payment for the installment not get taken yet, I ordered mine last month and it took the first installment on 7th of March, its now the 14th April and has not yet been taken, I am just concerned some sort of fck up. Cheers,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

:)
    Dave Grohl was filmed for the documentary but it was too late for the footage to be included in the cinematic release. His interview however will be included when its shown on HBO in May.

Anyway back on topic... I'm happy enough with the line-up so far, especially happy with Battles and Metz. A few nice additions would be Rodrigo y Gabriela, FFS, the Macabees, Son Lux, Refused and Kendrick Lamar, they're all in Europe at the time so fingers crossed.

I'd be happy enough with Blur as the 3rd headliner but less so with the Stone Roses. I saw them on the reunion tour (not in the Phoenix Park) and Ian Brown's singing was awful, but I suppose everyone can have an off night.

:P:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

He has an off night every night, worst "professional" singer ever.

Awh would love Refused but only if they played in a tent
    bullvine wrote: »
    Anyone's second payment for the installment not get taken yet, I ordered mine last month and it took the first installment on 7th of March, its now the 14th April and has not yet been taken, I am just concerned some sort of fck up. Cheers,

Is it not the end of each month the money is taken out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Is it not the end of each month the money is taken out?

My apologies, I went back and checked and it wont be taken out till april 24th, Brain fart! cheers

bullvine wrote: »
    My apologies, I went back and checked and it wont be taken out till april 24th, Brain fart! cheers

To be fair i was worried because i dont have enough money in my account atm just incase they tried ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

He has an off night every night, worst "professional" singer ever.

Perfect at the Belfast gig. And I've seen Ian Brown at his worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

:P:D:P

Out of all the bands that could possibly play they'd be top of my list. I saw them on the last tour and they were epic, Denis is one hell of a front man.

There's some great footage of them on youtube playing a tiny pair in Dundalk:

Lumbo wrote: »
    Perfect at the Belfast gig. And I've seen Ian Brown at his worst.
    Have to agree. Was at that gig myself with my son & thought it was great. Voice was fine. I was in the 'mosh pit' at the front - great views and loads of room.....and no moshing, obviously!
    totally recognise he can have his off days.
    I am old enough to have seen them when they were in Belfast first time round - Maysfield Leisure Centre, 1990. One of my first gigs ever. I was agog & in awe! Still sends shivers up me spine thiking about it! They entered on 'I wanna be adored' (oh, those chords as they rang out!!) & played out with a stonking 'I am the resurrection'. Oh, bliss. :D

Paid my last instalment on the 2nd of March, have the tickets been sent out yet??
    Normally wouldn't be asking this early on, but I did see a few pages back some have got theres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

sdlup15.jpg

Glastonbury line up is pretty amazing, as a poster in the Glastonbury thread said it's like every Irish festival rolled up into one! Lots of acts there I would love to see announced, I wonder can we expect to see any of these at EP?

Advertisement