Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

mgkelly wrote: »
    Have to agree. Was at that gig myself with my son & thought it was great. Voice was fine. I was in the 'mosh pit' at the front - great views and loads of room.....and no moshing, obviously!
    totally recognise he can have his off days.
    I am old enough to have seen them when they were in Belfast first time round - Maysfield Leisure Centre, 1990. One of my first gigs ever. I was agog & in awe! Still sends shivers up me spine thiking about it! They entered on 'I wanna be adored' (oh, those chords as they rang out!!) & played out with a stonking 'I am the resurrection'. Oh, bliss. :D

I was in Belfast for this also, God it was a great gig..I remember the bus back down to Dublin afterwards and the country bumpkin not realising that alot of people were tripping their heads off...
    Saw them in Bennicassim a couple of years ago and they were great, voice was flat but the crowd just sang along anyway !! Warm weather, beer and a good crowd really helped !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Paid my last instalment on the 2nd of March, have the tickets been sent out yet??
    Normally wouldn't be asking this early on, but I did see a few pages back some have got theres.

My last instalment came out last month too and no tickets yet so I'd say it might be closer to August.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Death Grips....pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Death Grips....pls.

This, Suf and Anthony Hegarty. pls EP. pls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Death Grips would be an incredible booking, they haven't played here since the Money Store was released and it looked for a long time like they were done for good. Whether they were good or not their show would be a huge talking point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

probably have to do a final farewell tour first before they play EP :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

11148452_1083834408299361_278451194261424216_n.jpg?oh=77286f337589db6a6abe194e57e85ddc&oe=55AE577C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

James Bay is anti music.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Death Grips would be an incredible booking, they haven't played here since the Money Store was released and it looked for a long time like they were done for good. Whether they were good or not their show would be a huge talking point.

I was at that gig, it was fantastic although it was minus Zach Hill. I really wanna see the three of them there ripping it up. It's unlikely, given how unpredictable they are. Bookers probably aren't flocking towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The Maccabees need to play EP. Their new single is outstanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

11148452_1083834408299361_278451194261424216_n.jpg?oh=77286f337589db6a6abe194e57e85ddc&oe=55AE577C

That's a fairly sh1te lowlands line up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Limp Bizkit?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

siblers wrote: »
    The Maccabees need to play EP. Their new single is outstanding

Agreed! I sent a tweet into TXFM asking them who it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Limp Bizkit?!

A time portal has been opened back to the late 90s and had its taste circuits disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A time portal has been opened back to the late 90s and had it's taste circuits disabled

Lol - harsh but kinda fair ;)

The best introduction I've heard was..

"Ladies and gentleman,

Take off your thinking cap and lower your standards....

It's Kidd Rock!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

James f*cking Bay

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A time portal has been opened back to the late 90s and had its taste circuits disabled

Ha again im the only one who would like to see them play(although it would be a slim chance)

proudi wrote: »
    This, Suf and Anthony Hegarty. pls EP. pls

Adding to my wishlist: Bjork, Panda Bear, Kendrick Lamar, Jamie xx, of Montreal, Modest Mouse, The Mountain Goats, Laura Marling, Death Cab for Cutie, Passion Pit, Blur, Foals, the Weeknd, Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Most have albums out this year.

Obviously Foals played last year so are probably out and others have gigs coming up (The Mountain Goats, Laura Marling, Modest Mouse etc) but just one of these would make my weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Good wishlist! Tried to get into Foals many times though and it's just not happening!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Good wishlist! Tried to get into Foals many times though and it's just not happening!

I thought Holy Fire was meh but I love Antidotes and TLF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tD0gzB-Wrk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

mejulie805 wrote: »

I'm the same, a part from 'My Number' there is not one other song of theirs I can warm to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Ha again im the only one who would like to see them play(although it would be a slim chance)

I was a big fan back in the day, I had tickets to see them in Punchestown but it got cancelled for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

threein99 wrote: »
    I'm the same, a part from 'My Number' there is not one other song of theirs I can warm to

My Number is probably one of the worst songs on Holy Fire imo. I'd recommend checking out Late Night from Holy Fire and Afterglow which is off Total Life Forever.

Though this is quite irrelevant as they won't be playing this year after playing last year, as much as I'd love to see them again, they killed it last year, great live performers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Foals were my highlight of the weekend, maybe it was because they played the Friday night and got EP off and running for me but thought they put on a great show. London Grammar a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Foals have played at least a couple of times now. I saw them time before last. They were in one of the tents & the place was stuffed. They were brilliant & one of the best things I've ever seen live. Totally unexpected, too, which made it all the better. Had only heard a little of their stuff prior to that. Reminded me a wee bit of Doves, actually.

r.e. The 'last year, not this year' "Rule"
    Bjork - there last year (& one of my highlights - magnificent; almost a 'spiritual' experience!), so not this year??

r.e. The 'last year, not this year' "Rule"
    Bjork - there last year (& one of my highlights - magnificent; almost a 'spiritual' experience!), so not this year??

Hang on a sec. Did I miss Bjork last year?!

That video is very RATM. Assume that that is their modus operandi?

proudi wrote: »
    Hang on a sec. Did I miss Bjork last year?!
    No, I'm the idiot! Seemed like last year (fresh in me head!) but was year before. So, sorry, & therefore, she could appear this year!!

• Advertisement

No, I'm the idiot! Seemed like last year (fresh in me head!) but was year before. So, sorry, & therefore, she could appear this year!!
    We cool. New album is amazing. Would love for her to play.

Advertisement