Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Biiig Foals fan. They were superb last year. I like the albums but they are much more engaging live. Would be thrilled if they were announced but they don't seem to have any live dates yet so might be too early in the year for them! By the time they get the album recorded and out, it'll probably be Autumn/Winter so they're probably a great bet for EP2016!!!

I really don't know who I'm wishing for at this stage.

I know it's been said a bit (and always rejected by me with the EOTR announcement!!) but I'd give my right arm for Sufjan.

Most of the bands who I want to see that aren't already announced have other Irish gigs lined up. Father John Misty, the Decemberists, etc. so I'm actually just excited to see the next announcement now because I really don't know what direction it's headed in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Paid my last instalment on the 2nd of March, have the tickets been sent out yet??
    Normally wouldn't be asking this early on, but I did see a few pages back some have got theres.
    Frigga_92 wrote: »
    My last instalment came out last month too and no tickets yet so I'd say it might be closer to August.

Paid mine same time, got them in post few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Biiig Foals fan. They were superb last year. I like the albums but they are much more engaging live. Would be thrilled if they were announced but they don't seem to have any live dates yet so might be too early in the year for them! By the time they get the album recorded and out, it'll probably be Autumn/Winter so they're probably a great bet for EP2016!!!

I really don't know who I'm wishing for at this stage.

I know it's been said a bit (and always rejected by me with the EOTR announcement!!) but I'd give my right arm for Sufjan.

Most of the bands who I want to see that aren't already announced have other Irish gigs lined up. Father John Misty, the Decemberists, etc. so I'm actually just excited to see the next announcement now because I really don't know what direction it's headed in!!

Big Foals fan myself, seen them about 6 or 7 times now. They are doing festivals this summer http://www.foals.co.uk/live.htm. Would love to see them again but they played ep last summer and longitude the summer before that. Doubtful, but sure you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Two Steps Twice was an absolute beast live!!

Two Steps Twice was an absolute beast live!!

Trying to find the Rte coverage of Foals 2014 now. Anyone know where I'd find it? Youtube isn't much help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

when rte showed ep last year they showed some foals

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Kendrick Lamar is playing Leeds festival 28th Aug, I could see him playing picnic.

Dr. Bre wrote: »

That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Huge Foals fan myself, loved the performance last year, although I must admit i thought Franz Ferdinand put in a better performance than Foals(loved the Donna Summer "I Feel Love" bit in the middle of "I Can't Stop Feeling), that was my first time seeing them live, but Chic topped if off for me, brilliant to say the least............

Franz Ferdinand last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Dr. Bre wrote: »

You mean "RTE showed some FOOLS!!" I.e. Eoghan McDermott!! Clown! He interviewed the foals and made such a mess apparently, they weren't able to show it!

Live festival coverage tends to disappear from the official sources shortly afterwards, I can only assume it's part of the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Franz Ferdinand last year?

:p D'oh, apologies they played in 2013, getting flashbacks in all the wrong order :o

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

:p D'oh, apologies they played in 2013, getting flashbacks in all the wrong order :o

Did the same meself with Björk yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

mgkelly wrote: »
    Did the same meself with Björk yesterday.

After a few years they all just merge into one anyways!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Really wish I hadn't seen the Glastonbury line up that was posted a few pages ago. Am depressed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Sure half of those are playing Ireland across festivals anyway. EP still has an awful lot to announce. Including presumably 2 more headliners.

Really wish I hadn't seen the Glastonbury line up that was posted a few pages ago. Am depressed now!
    I guess if you throw enough bands at the wall, some good ones will stick (he says, mixing his metaphors!). I always understood tickets for Glastonbury were nearly impossible to get, anyhow. Sell out the day they go on sale?
    And there's always the bonkers 'duff' novelty acts.
    I mean, Lionel Richie.....Hello?!!

To be at the same festival as him somehow cheapens one!

I'll stick with me EP!

Martin

Desperately wish this chap would play EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

EP's twin has to be OSHEAGA in Canada!
    Just look at that line up! 10 year anniversary this year ;) is that birthday or anniversary???

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Villagers would be good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just look at that line up! 10 year anniversary this year ;) is that birthday or anniversary???

Yea would love to see off the list

Black Keys
    Weezer
    Kygo
    Interpol
    Chet Faker
    Gary Clark Jr
    Twin Shadow(although they played last year)
    Twenty One Pilots (Doing Belsonic)
    Catfish and the Bottlemen (doing Longitude)
    Of Monsters and Men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Young the giant would be great

Jeez, Florence is getting everywhere this year!
    So, that's a tasty enough list, even to me, who's nowhere near as 'hip & cool' as some of the dudes on here who know all the up & coming!
    So, ya got yer Caribou, ya got yer FKA Twigs, St Vincent, Thurston Moore would be interesting & a whole heap of other names I vaguely recognise. And yes, I have to admit, I do like the Black Keys. Played Belfast a couple of years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So who's getting announced next and when?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

FKA Twigs pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

So who's getting announced next and when?

The who is still anyones call! The when ...I would estimate around the end of this month
    to align to the second date of the latest instalment plan, if there looking to shift tickets quick. A line up announcement may convince some that are holding off on a ticket to buy one before they go on "general release" (mind you it feels like the instalment plan this year has been around since Jesus was a baby, will there really be that many general release left to shift??)

Mac Demarco, FKA Twigs, Interpol, Blur, Death Grips, Caribou, Beach House, Modest Mouse, Wolf Alice...any/all of the above would be appreciated :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Might not be everyones cup of tea but would love to see these guys added

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

I know Run the Jewels are playing Forbidden Fruit but they're back around europe for Reading, Leeds, France and Croatia for festivals. All around the end of Aug/Sep so Picnic doesn't seem too far fetched.

Angel Olsen would be an excellent booking. She released a brilliant album last year and played a show in Whelan's. She'll be playing a gig in Spain on the 4th of September with The Strypes of all people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

proudi wrote: »
    Villagers would be good.

Saw them in 2010 and they were good alright. Wasn't aware of them before.

Advertisement