Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Yes! Villagers would be awesome.Was so hoping they would be there last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

With them touring this year i can see them dropping in. Maybe getting a James Vincent McMorrow slot

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

With them touring this year i can see them dropping in. Maybe getting a James Vincent McMorrow slot
    Ohhh, controversial one there. You can't just throw any old band into the illustrious James Vincent McMorrow slot. It's a long-running EP tradition that only the absolute cream of the crop are given the honour of filling the revered James Vincent McMorrow slot.

What are you on about man, seriously?

Ohhh, controversial one there. You can't just throw any old band into the illustrious James Vincent McMorrow slot. It's a long-running EP tradition that only the absolute cream of the crop are given the honour of filling the revered James Vincent McMorrow slot.

What the hell is the James Vincent McMorrow slot? Surely it will just get renamed to the Villagers slot? Which I have to say is a lot easier to type.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    What the hell is the James Vincent McMorrow slot? Surely it will just get renamed to the Villagers slot? Which I have to say is a lot easier to type.
    ps4nSmL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jaysus didnt think people would over think that . I meant because they are prob similar when it comes the popularity in ireland so they might get a similar slot on the bill.

No need to get the knickers in a twist

Obviously missed the JVMM meeting but last year was my first EP so forgive my ignorance. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Really hope Interpol don't play. ****ing boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Wavves, Burial, Flying Lotus, Mew and MØ would be some good additions.

Stylistically Wavves have a bit in common with a few of the bands booked this year (Alvvays, Tame Impala, Pond) though that might mean absolutely nothing, and they have new music out. FlyLo has something coming out this year. MØ is gonna be around europe at the time. The others would be long shots though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Motorhead lads! Would be so savage if they got on the bill somehow.

• Advertisement

proudi wrote: »
    Wavves, Burial, Flying Lotus, Mew and MØ would be some good additions.

The others would be long shots though.
    You'd get shorter odds on Amy Winehouse playing b2b with 2Pac than you would on Burial making an appearance.

You'd get shorter odds on Amy Winehouse playing b2b with 2Pac than you would for Burial making n appearance.

A man can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

BadTurtle wrote: »

Hopefully they do. Great live band.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You'd get shorter odds on Amy Winehouse playing b2b with 2Pac than you would on Burial making an appearance.

oh I don't know, I'm pretty sure Amy Winehouse and Burial are quite well acquainted...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

BadTurtle wrote: »

Seem in the Olympia few months ago, unreal live band.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Seem in the Olympia few months ago, unreal live band.

I've had this conversation on boards before but I will jump in again and say I have lots of love for Interpol. I've seen them live a good few times and I've always been really impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Awful band. Probably the only concert I've genuinely fallen asleep at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

leakyboots wrote: »

Genuinely fallen asleep? That's impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

lc180 wrote: »
    Genuinely fallen asleep? That's impressive

(He's failed to mention he suffers from narcolepsy)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

sufjan stevens UK dates annouced looks like NO EP appearance
    Edinburgh Playhouse 30th August
    Manchester Apollo 31st August
    London Royal Festival Hall 2nd + 3rd September
    Brighton Dome 4th September
    Bristol Colston Hall 6th September

Friday 04 September 2015 – Sunday 06 September 2015? (must be the 5th)
    Sufjan Stevens
    End of the Road Festival 2015

edit, he's playing the helix 28/29th august

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I fell asleep at the Verve at Oxegen in 2008. Bloody brutal.

I put it down to a combination of them being absolutely awful and it coming at the end of a third day at a festival when I had only gotten a few hours sleep over the previous two nights.

Also, f*uck sake re: Sufjan at the Helix. I can't afford that. Literally been on the bucket list for a decade and I'm now faced with choosing him or the Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I've had this conversation on boards before but I will jump in again and say I have lots of love for Interpol. I've seen them live a good few times and I've always been really impressed!

Big fan myself, 1st 2 albums are close to masterpieces imo, first album probably is a masterpiece. Never really listened much to the two albums that followed that but really like their newest one, Blue Supreme and All the Rage Back Home are up there with their best tunes.

Pls. From 3.14 onwards. Hearing that was one of the coolest, craziest things I've experienced live, it transforms into an absolute beast of a tune!

peteeeed wrote: »
    edit, he's playing the helix 28/29th august

Holy sweet Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

This is from the B&S boards page, talking about Despacio with 2manydjs and James Murphy

"Yeah Despacio is a big job, they have their own custom built speakers (something like 16 of them) all facing one another in a circle, they didn't want to create a thing like most gigs where it's the crowd facing the DJ, so the DJ booth is kind of hidden/lowered. Was over at it in London last year and it was excellent, they had so many records in stacks of boxes, agree that it would be perfect for B&S but it's too much of an expensive operation for a festival of this size.

One of my friends that was with me in London was at their gig in the Olympia on Paddys weekend, he got chatting to Dave Dewaele afterwards and was asking if they have any plans to bring Despacio to Ireland/UK, Dave wasn't giving much away but Stephen popped his head in and said Electric Picnic. He could have been joking but it would be an unbelievable addition to EP if true."

One of the bros had an interview last night on radio one before they played a new mix. He was asked are they doing many festivals this summer, which he said yes but, none have been announced yet. So fingers crossed. Would love this:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lajtel

My second instalment should be coming out, quoting Ticketmaster, "in or around Friday 24 April 2015".
    I however have no money in my account as it is, but would be getting money in on Tuesday the 28th.
    Anyone have experience of not having money in the account on the day it's due to be paid?
    Will the previous instalment and the tickets instantly be forfeited, or will Ticketmaster give me another chance on paying my second instalment?

I'm going to ring them in the morning, but if anyone have experience in regards to this it would be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

lajtel wrote: »
    Anyone have experience of not having money in the account on the day it's due to be paid?
    Will the previous instalment and the tickets instantly be forfeited, or will Ticketmaster give me another chance on paying my second instalment? .

Yup I missed the December payment by a few days and they were sound. Buzz them and tell them the date to take it from the card and they will do it automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lajtel

Reading the fine print on ticketmaster.ie states it will automatically come out, and you also authorize the transaction by proceeding with the purchase of the first instalment.

It's due the 24th, on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The Verve... I put it down to a combination of them being absolutely awful

Naaaah! Go on!

Any word on when the Stone Roses are going to confirm?

Advertisement