Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Naaaah! Go on!

Any word on when the Stone Roses are going to confirm?

You may be happy to hear, Oasis are apparently reuniting! Possibly by the end of the year according to some of the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Fatfrog wrote: »
    You may be happy to hear, Oasis are apparently reuniting! Possibly by the end of the year according to some of the papers

As a massive Oasis fan (see name!), I really hope they don't reform. Both Noel and Beady Eye performed Oasis songs on their recent tours, and I genuinely feel that Noel's last two albums have been far more interesting than Oasis' last studio album.

I'm sure they will eventually get back together, but I hope it doesn't happen quite so presently!

Stone Roses, on the other hand, are more then welcome to re-reform, and just play the exact same set that they did in 2012 at the Phoenix Park. I couldn't care less if Ian Brown sounds like a lawn mower; that day was pure bliss. Imagine the excitement of them being the Sunday night closers. I mean it won't happen, fine, but just imagine that for a Sunday at EP. It would be untoppable.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

lc180 wrote: »
    Genuinely fallen asleep? That's impressive
    You would have been blown away if you'd seen me when Stereophonics played Oxegen 2008.

Holy **** that gig sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Fell asleep standing up at both Paolo Nutini & SBTRKT last year. Nothing to do with either being bad , Was just so fudged from the previous nights antics and lack of sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Strokes are touring and will be in the UK in June... might be a welcome addition!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

everlast75 wrote: »
    Strokes are touring and will be in the UK in June... might be a welcome addition!

I can see the Strokes being added, they have no other Irish dates as it stands

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Really getting anxious for another announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hoping for Catfish and the Bottlemen.. considering they sold out very quickly in the Academy!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Anna Calvi seems likely given her touring schedule. Austra is playing Body & Soul. Would love for both to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

keithkk16 wrote: »
    This is from the B&S boards page, talking about Despacio with 2manydjs and James Murphy

Despacio playing Lovebox in July.... http://loveboxfestival.com/programme/

Lot's of others from that I'd like to see added, Flight Facilities, Greg Wilson, Catz n' Dogz, Dusky, Howling, Kerri Chandler......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hoping for Catfish and the Bottlemen.. considering they sold out very quickly in the Academy!
    Probably not, playing Longitude the month before.

Hoping for deafheaven, death grips, ratatat, blur, villagers, and so I watch you from afar, Kendrick. All touring, all yet to announce an Irish festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cian_M

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Probably not, playing Longitude the month before.

Hoping for deafheaven, death grips, ratatat, blur, villagers, and so I watch you from afar, Kendrick. All touring, all yet to announce an Irish festival.

Great shout, I would love if any of these were announced, especially deafheaven or death grips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

We're long over due an announcement at this point surely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

We're long over due an announcement at this point surely :(

There was a two month gap last year between the first and second announcement I suspect maybe the first Monday or Wednesday of May now before we get that second announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I'd love it if Passion Pit were added. Although they seem to be touring the US for most of the summer and have no dates in Europe on the pipeline at all.

Metronomy, Mark Ronson (DJ Set), British Sea Power, Years and Years and Haelos announced for Festival No 6 in Wales on the same weekend as the Picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Metronomy, Mark Ronson (DJ Set), British Sea Power, Years and Years and Haelos announced for Festival No 6 in Wales on the same weekend as the Picnic.

Wasn't too impressed with Metronomy last year I have to say. Mark Ronson wouldn't surprise me - could be a big Friday night slot maybe? Or maybe the Saturday slot that Chic did last year - big party for the end of the night.

I didn't know British Sea Power were still going!!

Few other names on Festival No 6 line-up that could be nice additions. Grace Jones, Everything Everything, Badly Drawn Boy, Soak... Nothing I'd lose sleep over not being there, but would be nice to see some of those.

As for the next line-up announcement, I'd say we're looking at May 6th ish - the Monday is a bank holiday so they won't do it then. Would be nice to get something at this stage, though I'm bracing myself for nothing major - no additional headliner, nothing that tops Tame Impala or the War on Drugs...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Wonder have we any chance of Elbow turning up, they are doing a few gigs around that time.

Guessing the next announcement will be after the 27th when the early bird offers expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

As for the next line-up announcement, I'd say we're looking at May 6th ish - the Monday is a bank holiday so they won't do it then. Would be nice to get something at this stage, though I'm bracing myself for nothing major - no additional headliner, nothing that tops Tame Impala or the War on Drugs...

There surely has to be at least one more headliner announced if not two? I'm assuming the Chic slot after the main headliner on the Saturday will go to Underworld and the Sunday to Florence. So that leaves 2 nice gaps for headliners :)

Wouldn't mind seeing Autechre getting added, one of the Warp acts I've not seen, touring around July, Aug and September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

lc180 wrote: »
    I'd love it if Passion Pit were added. Although they seem to be touring the US for most of the summer and have no dates in Europe on the pipeline at all.

they played UK recently . believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Despacio playing Lovebox in July.... http://loveboxfestival.com/programme/

Lot's of others from that I'd like to see added, Flight Facilities, Greg Wilson, Catz n' Dogz, Dusky, Howling, Kerri Chandler......

Wow at that lovebox lineup. Would love to see a good few on there, ya never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

There surely has to be at least one more headliner announced if not two? I'm assuming the Chic slot after the main headliner on the Saturday will go to Underworld and the Sunday to Florence. So that leaves 2 nice gaps for headliners :)
    Underworld are headliners (despite not being last time they played), so that leaves 1 headliner left.

where/when they play given the main stage/headliners placement in the last 2 years is anyone's guess though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Not necessarily. Underworld are expected to play last on Saturday, Florence on Sunday, so we could still have two announcements for the Friday and the Saturday before Underworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well there'll be several acts before Underworld, but they're still headliners, so unless they're having 4+ "headliners", then there's only 1 left, as Underworld and FATM are 2 of them.

Pet Shop Boys were last on Friday last year but weren't headliners in so far as the festival/publicity was concerned.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pukkelpop announced a few more names

11130361_10152782308289249_1948164864578038506_o.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Underworld are expected to play last on Saturday, Florence on Sunday, so we could still have two announcements for the Friday and the Saturday before Underworld.

As was said by someone before me, in terms of the festival publicity there was no headliner Friday, one Saturday and two Sunday. Pet Shop Boys were the same level on the poster as Chic, Paolu Nutini, Foals and Lily Allen who all played all manner of slots over the weekend. I would say the Manics, Tame Impala, Roisin Murphy, Hot Chip, the War on Drugs, George Ezra and Belle & Sebastian are at that level on this year's poster so it's anyone's guess where anyone ends up.

My thinking is just that EP have been weirdly quiet about everything so far. Look at the likes of Bestival, Glasto, etc. who still have headliners to announce - they have all said as much!! I'm not saying there won't be anyone added, I'm just bracing myself for there not to be - maybe to save myself the disappointment!!

I won't be surprised if there's a few more added at the Manics/Tame Impala level and we end up with Manics on Friday with Belle & Sebastian in the Electric Arena and a DJ of sort afterwards (Mark Ronson?), Underworld on Saturday after Tame Impala or War on Drugs (the National did this slot a few years ago and weren't in the headliner bracket - it was Massive Attack, Roxy Music, Leftfield, the Frames and PiL all above them on the poster) and then Flo on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

keithkk16 wrote: »

Hope Kodaline gets added as well. They have a new album out and are yet to announce an Irish festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Mac Demarco today announced a new album, out the start of August and new European tour dates in September.

London Field Day festival (7)
    Salisbury End Of The Road festival (September 6)
    Glasgow ABC (7)
    Bristol Motion (8)

Fingers crossed EP is added to that...

Advertisement