Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

proudi wrote: »
    Hope Kodaline gets added as well. They have a new album out and are yet to announce an Irish festival.

They're headlining Indiependence in Cork the start of the month, so unlikely. I would personally hope not, they're a bit too mainstream Coldplay for my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

bc dub wrote: »
    Mac Demarco today announced a new album, out the start of August and new European tour dates in September.

London Field Day festival (7)
    Salisbury End Of The Road festival (September 6)
    Glasgow ABC (7)
    Bristol Motion (8)

Fingers crossed EP is added to that...

Having only listened to his album '2' less then a week ago I have since listened to that album and Salad Days about 10 times each. Unreal stuff, be delighted if he gets added.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

BadTurtle wrote: »
    They're headlining Indiependence in Cork the start of the month, so unlikely. I would personally hope not, they're a bit too mainstream Coldplay for my taste.
    You're probably right. They'd be a bit out of place in a lineup with the likes of Taylor Swift and Aviciiiii.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

As a HUGE ska fan I was hoping either The Selecter or Bad Manners would get on the bill. With both announcing Dublin dates yesterday doubt it would happen now. Ah well , Heres hoping for either Madness or The Specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

You're probably right. They'd be a bit out of place in a lineup with the likes of Taylor Swift and Aviciiiii.

Whoops, thought you were talking about the picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

Wouldn't mind seeing Autechre getting added, one of the Warp acts I've not seen, touring around July, Aug and September.

That'd be lovely alright. Generally looking forward to seeing what electronic acts are added. I sense good things!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

hugeglobe wrote: »
    That'd be lovely alright. Generally looking forward to seeing what electronic acts are added. I sense good things!

They were supposed to play at EP 2006, they initially came up in a leaked announcement but I definitely don't see them on the bill on the wiki page and its one of the only Picnics along with the 2004 one I didn't make it too, so I've no idea if they did play at EP 2006.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

FR controlled Leeds &Reading have their three headliners now, the Libertines, Mumford & sons and Metallica.

Can't see Mettalica at EP, as I've said before I really really really hope Mumford & sons aren't added! Just wrong for the EP.

With regards headliners, unless a MEGA act like Blur is added (Which isn't going to happen me thinks) I think it will pan out like this;
    Friday: Remaining headliner.
    Saturday: Underworld late slot, have a 'Sub act' play at the traditional headline time.
    Sunday: FATM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Those on instalment plans who were expecting their tickets by now, keep an eye out for an IMPORTANT NOTICE email from Ticketmaster.

I got one yesterday saying my card had been rejected and to call. I presumed just the last payment (Feb) had not gone through, but no, the November payment also had not gone though, meaning I owed €200 today, defeating the purpose of the installment plan!

It was of course my own fault for not noticing this, but we have so many outgoings as a family per month, I just didn't! I asked why there was no contact about the issue before now, and was told that the policy with the instalment plan is to wait until the last possible date, try again, and if still no luck you are included in a mass email sent out to all those with money owing.

Note that all of this happened because my expiry date had changed with my new card, something I also should have thought of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Volunteer applications now being taken for EP for anyone that's interested...

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/volunteer

• Advertisement

I'd like to see Swans play. They're playing here next month but I can't go so... pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Would love to see Carter USM, Frank and Walters or Sultans of Ping FC. I think the first two went touring in the UK earlier in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

For anyone wondering about tickets being sent out, I checked my ticketmaster account last night and it said "tickets not yet despatched" so for anyone who bought online and is worried about receiving their tickets, you could check your account.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like my installment was taking from my account earlier :)

Oxygen 2015 line up released!

"New acts will be announced for #EP2015 in early May. Keep an eye out for more details soon."

-The Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

"New acts will be announced for #EP2015 in early May. Keep an eye out for more details soon."

-The Twitter

Probably after they hike up the price to 230.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Seaaan123

Mac demarco announces world tour, no ireland. Waiting for ep to announce first??

Frigga_92 wrote: »
    For anyone wondering about tickets being sent out, I checked my ticketmaster account last night and it said "tickets not yet despatched" so for anyone who bought online and is worried about receiving their tickets, you could check your account.

Cheers for this but mine just says something useless like "check the confirmation e-mail"

Doesn't say if tickets are dispatched or not!!

Seaaan123 wrote: »
    Mac demarco announces world tour, no ireland. Waiting for ep to announce first??

I'm hoping so. Has a gap for the Friday.

• Advertisement

Really gutted Body and soul snapped up Rhye they've been on my EP to do list for some time, would love to see them there!

https://youtu.be/sng_CdAAw8M

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Would love to see Caribou,Four Tet,The Japanese Popstars,DJ Shadow and Death in Vegas added....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Would love to see Caribou,Four Tet,The Japanese Popstars,DJ Shadow and Death in Vegas added....:)

Would love Caribou myself, thought he was nailed on until Longitude announced him. Same for a good few acts that are playing at Longitude to be honest. Have a feeling we might see Four Tet, don't think he's playing at any other Irish festivals this summer? Possibly one for the RBMA. I'm hoping we hear an announcement on the 6th or 8th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Really gutted Body and soul snapped up Rhye they've been on my EP to do list for some time, would love to see them there!

https://youtu.be/sng_CdAAw8M

Saw them at Longitude a few years ago. Good album and some great tunes but I think they'd be better suited to indoor gigs than festivals. Would love to see them play Whelans or similar.
    Fatfrog wrote:

Hopefully. It says on his facebook page 'More dates to come' and he's playing End of The Road festival in the UK on the Sunday which has a lot of EP acts so fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/blur-talk-new-album-and-how-they-got-a-record-deal-on-the-back-of-rave-review-of-irish-gig-31166316.html
    James laughs at Albarn's recollection. "I really, really hope we get to play Ireland on this record," he says. "We're not going to do too many shows and we want to keep them special."

Tricot have a new album out. Would be great if EP got them. Though highly unlikely. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Tricot have a new album out. Would be great if EP got them. Though highly unlikely. :(

Why does everyone keep saying unlikely for every act, anything is possible if the bands are still alive.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Badly Drawn Boy is touring The Hour Of Bewilderbeast in it's entirety for the 15th anniversary. Would be great to see at the picnic.

I reckon there is a very good chance of Blur headlining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I reckon there is a very good chance of Blur headlining.
    For sure this would be very tasty!:)

Advertisement