Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I am loving the Blur speculation. That's the spirit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I reckon there is a very good chance of Blur headlining.

Yeah! fcuk it, we got Portishead last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

After the gig tonight will butler has to play ep!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Mouzone wrote: »
    Badly Drawn Boy is touring The Hour Of Bewilderbeast in it's entirety for the 15th anniversary. Would be great to see at the picnic.

I saw him at Witness in 2002 and he was great!
    Can't wait for the next announcement now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

All this Blur speculation, I'm starting to believe it myself, but if EP does expand to a 47k capacity, the acts have to be more main stream to attract the numbers I think they need someone like Blur to move tickets. You can imagine my disappointment if someone like Mumford and sons get announced!!

• Advertisement

Anyone see this floating around on Twitter? Is a Feile95' poster, just look at the lineup!! It almost looks fake its that good!!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Anyone see this floating around on Twitter? Is a Feile95' poster, just look at the lineup!! It almost looks fake its that good!!

That's the only Féile I wasn't at, but yes, they had great lineups, and an electrifying atmosphere as there was only (gasp) one stage! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Back in the days when there was only one big festival a year if any. There was a lot of trouble at the feile's and i think the cork one didn't do well financially. Nowadays we have reached serious dilution point with festivals, plus plain and simply the bands aint as good. More depth in lineups now though.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/tag/feile-95/

Some rediculous clashes there between prodigy vs massive attack etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Yes, I'll get everyone on the Blur train :D

Tbf though there does seen a genuinely good chance. They definitely need 1 more big headliner, Blur with a new album out and touring and they playing in Ireland!

Could just mean a solo show though I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

sadie06 wrote: »
    That's the only Féile I wasn't at, but yes, they had great lineups, and an electrifying atmosphere as there was only (gasp) one stage! :-)
    Holy feck, that lineup's unreal!:eek:

• Advertisement

Yes, I'll get everyone on the Blur train :D

Tbf though there does seen a genuinely good chance. They definitely need 1 more big headliner, Blur with a new album out and touring and they playing in Ireland!

Could just mean a solo show though I guess.

Listening to the new Charlatans album this morning in the gym (!) and thought they'd be great.
    Or what about St. Etienne? Or even Sarah Cracknell solo - she's touring in UK at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

I rang the number on the flyer here, it connects to an automatic recording of Santa Claus. Sadly, he had no information about upcoming festivals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

emc2 wrote: »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but he has said in interviews that he's taking the summer off and will be recording, either another solo record or arcade fire in the autumn. I would love if he played though, last nights gig was too much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

emc2 wrote: »

I asked him after the gig last night and unfortunately he said no :(
    Great gig though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

mgkelly wrote: »
    Listening to the new Charlatans album this morning in the gym (!) and thought they'd be great.
    Or what about St. Etienne? Or even Sarah Cracknell solo - she's touring in UK at present.

Saint Etienne are playing NCH on the 8th sept

peteeeed wrote: »
    Saint Etienne are playing NCH on the 8th sept
    Holy moses! Hadn't heard that! Will have to look into that!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Heard from a trusted source that Blur Definitly won't be playing Ep........Hope he's wrong tho....

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Heard from a trusted source that Blur Definitly won't be playing Ep........Hope he's wrong tho....

But we the general Electric Picnic public want Blur, so why can they not just give us Blur, they should give what festival punters want, shouldn't they.

But we the general Electric Picnic public want Blur, so why can they not just give us Blur, they should give what festival punters want, shouldn't they.
    Come Monday morning and most of the weekend will be a Blur anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Does the trusted source have any idea who the remaining head liner will actually be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I'm going to complain to my local politician, who's with me?

Does the trusted source have any idea who the remaining head liner will actually be?
    Unfortunatly not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

threein99 wrote: »
    I'm going to complain to my local politician, who's with me?

I have my pitchfork ready. Let's do this

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

Has there been confirmation that the capacity for the weekend has been increased or is it just rumours so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

D'angelo touring this summer, dare I hope :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

I hope I play. I don't have any new music out but I'll be near Ireland around the time. I saw me live once and it was kind of a let down because the crowd weren't great, but I'd say at a festival things might be better.

Doris300 wrote: »
    D'angelo touring this summer, dare I hope :eek:

God that would be great…in so many ways! :)

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Has there been confirmation that the capacity for the weekend has been increased or is it just rumours so far?

Nothing set in stone yet but I take it from the attached Benn is fairly determined to get to 47K

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/electric-picnic-festival-may-have-capacity-of-47-000-this-year-1.2125722

Nothing set in stone yet but I take it from the attached Benn is fairly determined to get to 47K

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/electric-picnic-festival-may-have-capacity-of-47-000-this-year-1.2125722

This would bring it up to just 8,000 below the Bestival capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Right question for ye guys. My friend was due to have her money taken out on friday for next installment however last week she had to get a new card. So the money didnt come out , So she edited her banking details on ticketmaster with her new card etc . Will she be ok then or does she have to do anything else

Advertisement