Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hoping for either Blur or Stone Roses, Handbraekes (Boys Noise and Mr Ozio), Four Tet, Daniel Avery, Erol Alkan, FFS, The Selector or Bad Manners, Jamie XX, John Butler Trio to name a few.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Was praying Bad Manners and or Selecter would get on the bill but with both announcing Dublin shows in December I doubt it will happen now. Hopefully Madness , the Specials , or Toots & the maytals can get a slot this year. Would also love to see Motorhead be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ah if blur get on the bill ill actually have to go listen to their music so I know something other than Song 2. I was always more of an Oasis man.

Father Damo? That you??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

The Strokes announced another show at the end of September in the US. So not completely unbelievable that they could play EP.

I still think the final headliner will be Kasabian or The Prodigy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

These 2 have an album out in May, they're a mother and son :) would be perfect for the Salty Dog stage or one of the other small ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

lc180 wrote: »

I still think the final headliner will be Kasabian or The Prodigy though.

Really hope those predictions are wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

me too. They've both been ****e for a long time now, only liked the first kasabian album, before they thought they were the Beatles mixed with Oasis. Prodigy have been in free fall for ten years. Also don't like the potential crowd they would draw. EP seems to be striving to avoid picking a certain type of headliner the last few years but booking either of these would go against that grain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i must be going to a different festival over the last few years, most of the EP crowd these days would absolutely love Kasabian and The Prodigy IMO....

Big difference between booking Bjork, Beck, Florence etc and those two. The demographic has changed since Oxegen wound up and there's always going to be lads there to get pissed in a field with no interest in the music but if you want to go irredeemably down that route a band like the prodigy, who released a song like Ibiza non-ironically, would be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I think Kasabian are probably as likely to headline as Blur but I agree that they wouldn't really suit the festival. I'd actually prefer Mumford and Sons over them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I think Kasabian are probably as likely to headline as Blur but I agree that they wouldn't really suit the festival. I'd actually prefer Mumford and Sons over them.

LOL Mumford and Sons instead of Kasabian! Have you ever seen Kasabian live??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

No and I preferably won't see them live either :P

That said, Mumford and Sons at EP would surely be a cardinal sin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

No to Kasabian. I don't mind them, but I feel they are all swagger, no substance. Having said that, I'd still take them (and almost anyone) over M&S.

Loving Villagers new material. Fingers crossed.

Mumford and sons played before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Mumford and sons played before.

Yeah people are so quick to forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I seen them at Glastonbury last year and was pretty disappointed. I like some of their stuff but i dont think their music comes near to someone like the arctic monkeys or the stone roses. Saying that I was quite worn out, if they played on the Friday I'd have probably been more into them.

I saw Kasabian at Forbidden Fruit, didn't realise they were on for a while. Left halfway through.

endainoz wrote: »
    Yeah people are so quick to forget!

Can you blame them? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I saw them (Kasabian) at oxegen in '09 I think.
    I remember them having bright lights, and the front man was like a rockier version of Robbie Williams with all the gesticulating to the crowd he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I saw Kasabian at Forbidden Fruit, didn't realise they were on for a while. Left halfway through.

Yup, me too. Left to go see LeGalaxie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Top 5 hopes for the announcement which is undoubtedly next week:

1. Death Grips
    2. Bjork
    3. Antony Hegarty
    4. Kendrick Lamar
    5. Passion Pit

Pls don't disapoint EP gods..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chestnutter2

David Bowie would be some act! Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

David Bowie would be some act! Fingers crossed!

About as much chance Jesus doing a live re-enactment of the crucifixion on stage sound tracked to a reformed Pink Floyd with extra large disco balls and gogo dancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

It think a nice and fair compromise would be if we had neither Mumford and Sons nor Kasabian.

As for the Prodigy, you gotta have some love for what they've done, but they peaked two decades ago.

Alan Fitzpatrick to headline the RBMA. Now that would be an absolute dream.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id be happy with Kasabian , Royal Blood and Refused (One can dream ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Wont be a headline but expect Charli XCX to be announced in the 2nd batch of announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Flaming lips playing festivals in the UK the week before ep, I don't think they have any irish dates, might be a possibility

As much as I love the Flaming lips that would be a fairly lazy booking, they've played EP and Forbidden Fruit a lot. If they were headliners it would show a lack of imagination. if they were on before headliners I'd be happy with the booking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

As much as I love the Flaming lips that would be a fairly lazy booking, they've played EP and Forbidden Fruit a lot. If they were headliners it would show a lack of imagination. if they were on before headliners I'd be happy with the booking.

Yeah I'd be happy out if they were on right before the stone roses
    (or blur):-)

Advertisement