Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

With all the quality gigs going on in the months leading up to EP and looking at the lineups for other Irish festivals and reading of the rumours and seeing who's currently on tour and in the area things aren't looking great this year (as far as my tastes go anyway). I'm still hopeful that they're gonna pull something great from somewhere though. Even if it does end up just being Blur.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

No wouldn't like Kasabian or Mumford headlining, would like the Stone Roses or Blur or the Prodigy. Maybe Underworld will get the earlier slot and the Prodigy the late one. Wouldn't mind if they pulled Faithless out of the bag. There is some stuff on the previous announcements that has me thrilled, it will be great to see Hopkins again in a decent sized marquee.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

proudi wrote: »
    With all the quality gigs going on in the months leading up to EP and looking at the lineups for other Irish festivals and reading of the rumours and seeing who's currently on tour and in the area things aren't looking great this year (as far as my tastes go anyway). I'm still hopeful that they're gonna pull something great from somewhere though. Even if it does end up just being Blur.

there's quite a lot of stuff from R&L, Bestival and EOTR that i'd like to see at EP:

Kendrick Lamar
    Alexisonfire
    The Cribs
    The Gaslight Anthem
    Run The Jewels
    Tyler the Creator
    Jamie xx
    Ghostpoet
    Hudson Mohawke
    Evian Christ
    Rustie
    The Menzingers
    Cancer Bats
    Manchester Orchestra
    ASAP Ferg
    Flying Lotus
    FKA Twigs
    Four Tet
    Jackmaster
    Joy Orbison
    Ben UFO
    Erol Alkan
    Greg Wilson
    Beni B
    Daniel Avery
    Horse Meat Disco
    Dean Blunt
    Action Bronson
    Mac Demarco
    Natalie Prass

AFAIK none of them are at Longitude/B&S, and only a few are at FF.

there's quite a lot of stuff from R&L, Bestival and EOTR that i'd like to see at EP:

Kendrick Lamar
    Alexisonfire
    The Cribs
    The Gaslight Anthem
    Run The Jewels
    Tyler the Creator
    Jamie xx
    Ghostpoet
    Hudson Mohawke
    Evian Christ
    Rustie
    The Menzingers
    Cancer Bats
    Manchester Orchestra
    ASAP Ferg
    Flying Lotus
    FKA Twigs
    Four Tet
    Jackmaster
    Joy Orbison
    Ben UFO
    Erol Alkan
    Greg Wilson
    Beni B
    Daniel Avery
    Horse Meat Disco
    Dean Blunt
    Action Bronson
    Mac Demarco
    Natalie Prass

Good list. A few of them have played here in the last few months or will be playing within the next few. But they'd all be great to see. I will never forget the disappointment of heading in to see FKA Twigs last year, waiting 15 minutes before being confused by the Book Brass Band and then ultimately being told by the security guy that she'd cancelled. If she's added this year I'll me made up. That Robert Pattinson is a lucky man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Kendrick Lamar
    Alexisonfire
    The Cribs
    The Gaslight Anthem
    Run The Jewels
    Tyler the Creator
    Jamie xx
    Ghostpoet
    Hudson Mohawke
    Evian Christ
    Rustie
    The Menzingers
    Cancer Bats
    Manchester Orchestra
    ASAP Ferg
    Flying Lotus
    FKA Twigs
    Four Tet
    Jackmaster
    Joy Orbison
    Ben UFO
    Erol Alkan
    Greg Wilson
    Beni B
    Daniel Avery
    Horse Meat Disco
    Dean Blunt
    Action Bronson
    Mac Demarco
    Natalie Prass

Hudson Mohawke is playing Longitude.
    Jamie xx and Run the Jewels at FF
    Flylo just played Dublin Yesterday, and played FF last year.
    Tyler The creator is playing Dublin the week before EP.
    Would rule those out I should think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just my tuppence worth..

There seems to be a bit of muso snobbery here. I have one Kasabian album and would be the first to admit they're not a band of much depth but in my view they'd put on a stellar show. Their catalogue of singles is quality and they're ranked as a proper act with excellent reviews. They mightn't be as unique as some EP acts but they deserve a lot more credit than appears to be given to them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Hudson Mohawke is playing Longitude.
    Jamie xx and Run the Jewels at FF
    Flylo just played Dublin Yesterday, and played FF last year.
    Tyler The creator is playing Dublin the week before EP.
    Would rule those out I should think.
    ah, well HudMo and Tyler won't in that case.
    Forbidden Fruit won't rule those 2 out i don't think, long enough between gigs, probably not announced until after it though.
    i'd expect FlyLo to be announced for EP now that his own gig is out of the way.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Just my tuppence worth..

There seems to be a bit of muso snobbery here. I have one Kasabian album and would be the first to admit they're not a band of much depth but in my view they'd put on a stellar show. Their catalogue of singles is quality and they're ranked as a proper act with excellent reviews. They mightn't be as unique as some EP acts but they deserve a lot more credit than appears to be given to them here.

Just don't like them, but thats me, I don't really mind if they do get announced I'll just be elsewhere, plenty to do around the festival site and that.

It would be brilliant to see Four Tet again, he was amazing at Life Festival last year, just listening back to the audio of his Glastonbury set last year at the Park stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Has there ever been a boards meetup at EP? Id go to one if I'm not off my face on drugs.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    Has there ever been a boards meetup at EP? Id go to one if I'm not off my face on drugs.

Would love to do this, will be working for the run up to the festival and then I'm free to enjoy the weekend, probably off my face too. Earthship stage at Body & Soul or some place like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have a feeling that FlyLo, Run the Jewels and Jamie XX will play at EP too. I'd be surprised if one of them didn't anyway, not sure if I'd go to see any of them though.
    proudi wrote: »

Kind of feel the same as this to be honest. I'm sure they will get together a great line up as always but as far as my taste goes I'm not expecting too much. Even with the headliners who are being talked about on this thread (Prodigy, Blur, Kasabian, Stone Roses, Kylie etc.) I wouldn't be too into any of them, after last years line up though I can't complain, it would be hard to top that for me. Other Irish festivals have very strong line ups this year too, there have been a good few acts I thought were possibilities for EP only to be announce for other festivals already.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

I wouldn't rule out Jamie XX for ep. Doesn't say he's playing live at FF so fingers crossed it could be done for Ep. There is no Ireland date for the album tour either in the winter. Also check out his new one. His debut album
    is gonna be a good one.

Have a feeling that FlyLo, Run the Jewels and Jamie XX will play at EP too. I'd be surprised if one of them didn't anyway, not sure if I'd go to see any of them though.

Kind of feel the same as this to be honest. I'm sure they will get together a great line up as always but as far as my taste goes I'm not expecting too much. Even with the headliners who are being talked about on this thread (Prodigy, Blur, Kasabian, Stone Roses, Kylie etc.) I wouldn't be too into any of them, after last years line up though I can't complain, it would be hard to top that for me. Other Irish festivals have very strong line ups this year too, there have been a good few acts I thought were possibilities for EP only to be announce for other festivals already.

Last year's lineup had some of my absolute favourite bands of all time with Portishead and Slowdive who both just got back together after long breaks along with some of my favourites from the last few years with St. Vincent, SBTRKT, Flume, and a load of brilliant up and coming acts. I'm not gonna be too disappointed with however this year's lineup goes because for my tastes it would be completely unrealistic to expect anything even close to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I'm not really bothered about the rest of the headliners, or if they even get any more for that matter. To be honest, if I were convicted for theft in Saudi Arabia I could still count on my fingers the amount of really great shows I've seen at the mainstage at festivals, and I could probably list off a fair few more that I've walked way from apathetically.

I'd rather see a rake of less-expensive acts like ghostdancer listed off there. By all accounts, Flylo's AV show the other night was meant to have been completely off the chain, certainly wouldn't mind catching that while it's still doing the rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

there was one organised last year but only 3 or 4 of us showed up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I chickened out of a meet up last year I think.

I'm shy….and an aul one….I probably snogged one of your parents at Féile 91!

Actually if anyones dad's name is Matt, and he was from Lucan and attended said festival, tell him I still think of him from time to time! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Blur confirmed by OTR apparently....

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Blur confirmed by OTR apparently....

Woo-Hoo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Whooooooo hoooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Does anyone know if it's likely that more family camping tickets will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Delighted with blur. Perfect headliner for EP imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Woo-Hoo:)

When I feel heavy metal
    Whooooooo hoooooooooo

And I'm pins and I'm needles

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Great news if Blur are confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Over the fecking moon ecstatic if they get nailed on. Tickets will sell out in not time! So glad we've got ours. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Over the fecking moon ecstatic if they get nailed on. Tickets will sell out in not time! So glad we've got ours. :D

From my point of view the lineup will still need a lot more additions for me to not end up selling my ticket.

Blur is a great starting point though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

threein99 wrote: »
    From my point of view the lineup will still need a lot more additions for me to not end up selling my ticket.

Blur is a great starting point though

Ah shure when there's acts on I don't like I go into the woods and play the spoons! Lol
    There's always something else to do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Delighted with that. Blur, Battles, Hot Chip, My Morning jacket, Underworld, Manics, Tame Impala. That's enough for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Happy with Blur also now they just need to put someone like Royal Blood on before them or have Royal Blood clash with FATM ha. Really hoping they do added since they have no irish dates during the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Blur would be good craic. Shame we won't get Damon doing his new solo stuff over here though!

So Blur, Low, Underworld, Tame Impala, The War On Drugs, Jurassic 5, Ride and Jon Hopkins... think it's time to get the oul wallet out!

Advertisement