Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I reckon there is a very good chance of Blur headlining.

Called it 6 days ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Great news wahaay!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Relax.. still pure speculation. Seen Blur in kilmainham last year?(memory's gone) Do recall it was a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Jim Carroll isn't really one for speculation, and the Irish Times arent prone to printing rumours. Would be unprecedented if he was wrong now, nearly guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Blur confirmed by OTR apparently....

Great news but I don't get the underwhelming lineup comment, I honestly think its one of the better festival lineups this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Jim Carroll isn't really one for speculation, and the Irish Times arent prone to printing rumours. Would be unprecedented if he was wrong now, nearly guaranteed.

Would take it for granted that he's right too. Happy with the news, there's loads there for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

The last couple of years there have been artists added from Longitude after it ended. I'd love James Blake, Little Dragon, Wolf Alice, Caribou, Glass Animals, SBTRKT. Though a few played last year they weren't high up on the poster and I wouldn't rule out the prospects of them playing again.

Mostly Irish acts, doubt the larger acts will be booked for EP as well.

Wolf Alice are a great little band but I think they played last year, pity I missed them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Blur are a great addition, still needs one or two more mid-range bands to beef up the bill, IMO, but looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

Wolf Alice are a great little band but I think they played last year, pity I missed them :(

They were on at the same time as St. Vincent and I missed them too unfortunately. Didn't mind too much after though. St. Vincent was as incredible as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

proudi wrote: »
    They were on at the same time as St. Vincent and I missed them too unfortunately. Didn't mind too much after though. St. Vincent was as incredible as anything.

except her & David Byrne the year before!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cian_M

Anybody else hoping that American Football play the picnic?

They are touring around lately and havent announced an irish date (that im aware of), they are playing Reading and Leeds the weekend before so hopefully that might play in our favour

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

So are we expecting another line up announcement some day this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

They officially said the next one was early May...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

proudi wrote: »
    The last couple of years there have been artists added from Longitude after it ended.

Usually just irish bands , rarely any non irish get booked again.

Arcadia are definitly not coming again this year, they are doing their own thing in Bristol. Although I don't even think Electric Picnic bother to get in touch with them anymore.

http://arcadiabristol.com/

I'd almost go to that insted.

lbj666 wrote: »
    Arcadia are definitly not coming again this year, they are doing their own thing in Bristol. Although I don't even think Electric Picnic bother to get in touch with them anymore.

What used to go on in the Arcadia? Last year was my 1st EP.

What used to go on in the Arcadia? Last year was my 1st EP.

Its basically the big evil looking tower made out of scrap with a dj both inside that blows out flames when the bass drops.

The setup they had at the picnic (2008 to 2011) was this thing called the Afterburner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sCtkB9QSkU

It was unreal, and there really isn't anything else like it. The upgrades they made to the rave in the woods pale in comparison to what arcadia used be like.

The Picnic basically got too cheap to book them again.

They have an even bigger setup called the spider that they use at glastonbury.

Its basically the big evil looking tower made out of scrap with a dj both inside that blows out flames when the bass drops.

The setup they had at the picnic (2008 to 2011) was this thing called the Afterburner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sCtkB9QSkU

It was unreal, and there really isn't anything else like it. The upgrades they made to the rave in the woods pale in comparison to what arcadia used be like.

The Picnic basically got too cheap to book them again.

They have an even bigger setup called the spider that they use at glastonbury.

Damn, that looks cool as f***!

• Advertisement

Damn, that looks cool as f***!

All the oldies of the picnic harp on about how really great the picnic used be and newcomers just dismiss it as notalgia and not being with the times. Arcadia was one of the reason why we were not lying.

All the oldies of the picnic harp on about how really great the picnic used be and newcomers just dismiss it as notalgia and not being with the times. Arcadia was one of the reason why we were not lying.

For me it's a case of not knowing what I'm missing. Plus I'm still at the age where drinking all day and then raving and staying up until 7am is the dream! :pac:

But yeah, seems like you're dead on there.

Cian_M wrote: »
    Anybody else hoping that American Football play the picnic?

They are touring around lately and havent announced an irish date (that im aware of), they are playing Reading and Leeds the weekend before so hopefully that might play in our favour

They'd be great. A good math-rock band on a sunny afternoon would be beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I would imagine its wildly expensive to have them ship their stuff to Ireland.
    It's a really cool night time feature, but most get bored with it within 20-30 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

In 2006 Arcadia had a device similar to that military pilots are tested on to see what g-force they can withstand.

It was a long arm that rotated around the centre, on one side there was a person sitting in a seat, the other side was a gas fired jet type engine.

The device ended up being a juicer, oranges were feed in to make a glass of juice.

http://youtu.be/LdI4GHegbp8

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Relax.. still pure speculation. Seen Blur in kilmainham last year?(memory's gone) Do recall it was a great show.

When Blur play do you get any Gorillaz stuff do or does Damon Albarn stick to strictly Blur stuff? 🙈

Just Blur, no Gorillaz, Good Bad and the Queen or solo stuff from Damon or Graham.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

Just after noticing that EP isn't crossing over with Dimensions this year, hopefully we'll see a few of the acts come over to play after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bobobobob

What would any of you fine people think if Chet Faker got announced ? I personally would love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

What would any you fine people think if Chet Faker got announced ? I personally would love it!

Advertisement