Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

bobobobob wrote: »
    What would any you fine people think if Chet Faker got announced ? I personally would love it!

Haven't heard of him to be honest but quick search on YouTube and I think you're right, would be a good addition,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I would imagine its wildly expensive to have them ship their stuff to Ireland.
    It's a really cool night time feature, but most get bored with it within 20-30 min.

They have brought their stuff to australia and new zealand, thailand, miami. They were trying to do burning man a few years ago but it fell through.
    A few trucks of gear on a ferry from their gaff in bristol by comparison is not that expensive. They have repeatedly said they want to come back to EP but the organisers have no interest and aside from glastonbury and boomtown over the past few years they have actually been pretty quiet on the summer festival circuit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Muse look set to perform at this year's Bestival music festival.

The booking hasn't been officially confirmed, but as spotted by DIY, the band's frontman Matt Bellamy let the news slip in an interview backstage at The Snooker World Championship.

After speaking about the sport (which Bellamy is a fan of), the singer was asked what's next for him and Muse. "Getting ready for a big tour, just getting warmed up now, doing all the interviews and stuff to promote the album and everything," he replied. "We're doing Download Festival, which is like the metal festival, and Bestival in Isle of Wight later in the year, and next year we'll do our own tour obviously." Click below to watch the interview.
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/muse/85130?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=musebestival#50#hf5wL0rkJ3MT1mWj.99

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lbj666 wrote: »
    They have brought their stuff to australia and new zealand, thailand, miami. They were trying to do burning man a few years ago but it fell through.
    A few trucks of gear on a ferry from their gaff in bristol by comparison is not that expensive. They have repeatedly said they want to come back to EP but the organisers have no interest and aside from glastonbury and boomtown over the past few years they have actually been pretty quiet on the summer festival circuit.

I laughed at that, "A few trucks of gear on a ferry from their gaff in bristol"

Ah here Matt, have you still got that stage in yer garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

As much as I'd love it. It's hard to see us getting both muse and blur added to the lineup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bobobobob

I'm not sure DavyWalsh, we are potentially missing two more headline acts. Would be sweet as balls though I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thankfully with Blur, that will make it 3 headliners, as Muse have been absolute sh1t for a decade now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Yea true. Blur and muse would be great additions

Yea id say its one or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

scudzilla wrote: »
    I laughed at that, "A few trucks of gear on a ferry from their gaff in bristol"

Ah here Matt, have you still got that stage in yer garage?

Ha, well thats basically it. The have a warehouse in bristol somewhere where the make and store their stuff , sure its all made from scrap any bunch of lads with a bit of welding could do it :D

I am going back on what i said about Blur. It looks like EP may have been holding back on the last headliner til their tickets went up to full price.

Adding Muse onto that is a serious stretch though, lot of money to book em for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Please, no Muse.

Though it might be alright to hear Plug in Baby live. After that...meh

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Please, no Muse.

Though it might be alright to hear Plug in Baby live. After that...meh

Would be a tragic waste of money if they got Muse instead of a few smaller artists with more substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

So the picnic facbook page says that anyone with pink moon and a regular camping ticket can get VIP tickets for an extra 65 euros. It's goes on to say that means you have access to proper toilets and a fully stocked bar but not much other details. Any idea what else would be included? Seriously thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Don't think this applies to people with a regular camping ticket...
    To avail of this offer you must have a general weekend ticket to the festival and have previously booked an accommodation package with Pink Moon Camping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It sounds like a bit of a racket. Does Pink Moon not have decent toilets already?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So hopefully an announcement proper on Wednesday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

bc dub wrote: »
    Don't think this applies to people with a regular camping ticket...

Oh craps sorry maybe I wasn't clear in the earlier post. I already have pink moon booked, so think I can apply for it Ya, Pink moon is supposed to have decent toilets alright but have never camped there before, Id go for the upgrade for the full bar though, and wouldn't be such a nightmare with the ques like it was last year, and if the rumours of an extra 5000 capacity added this year are true, it could prove very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm bringing my own inflatable toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't think i queued more than 20 seconds at any of the bars in recent years (apart from the Bacardi Bar which is always a shambles because the barmen spend more time fannying around than actually serving people).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

don't think i queued more than 20 seconds at any of the bars in recent years (apart from the Bacardi Bar which is always a shambles because the barmen spend more time fannying around than actually serving people).

Every electric picnic thread I give out about the Bacardi barmen....why should 2015 be any different!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

With regards to the Bacardi barman, I recognize them from other years and other festivals. It gives me a very strange and one-sided sense of familiarity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Bacardi bar = over priced slushys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

endainoz wrote: »
    So the picnic facbook page says that anyone with pink moon and a regular camping ticket can get VIP tickets for an extra 65 euros. It's goes on to say that means you have access to proper toilets and a fully stocked bar but not much other details. Any idea what else would be included? Seriously thinking about it.

I wouldn't bother, we get this access as part of the boutique camping. It wouldn't be worth the 65e IMO. There's a bar there with literally two sets of loos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Had access to the "vip" area once and it was meh... especially since my mates couldn't come in!

It was like 2 proper toilets and a slightly better bar... you might see the odd z-list Irish celeb there but that's about it.. some comfy seats too.

The best part is it's near the main stage so you can nip in for a hassle free drink or use a 1% better toilet!

I also have to say the toilets last year were pretty decent. ...Definitely an improvement from previous years and no God awful drop toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Username44

Well what do we think... Blur or Muse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bobobobob

Username44 wrote: »
    Well what do we think... Blur or Muse ?

Oh Blur for me, by a country (house ;) ) mile !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

-=al=- wrote:
    It was like 2 proper toilets and a slightly better bar... you might see the odd z-list Irish celeb there but that's about it.. some comfy seats too.

-=al=- wrote:
    Had access to the "vip" area once and it was meh... especially since my mates couldn't come in!

-=al=- wrote:
    The best part is it's near the main stage so you can nip in for a hassle free drink or use a 1% better toilet!

-=al=- wrote:
    I also have to say the toilets last year were pretty decent. ...Definitely an improvement from previous years and no God awful drop toilets .

I still get flashbacks to those, the smell:(

-=al=- wrote: »

I also have to say the toilets last year were pretty decent. ...Definitely an improvement from previous years and no God awful drop toilets.
    Hmm yeah I think more research might be needed.....the idea of an entrance close to main stage sounds good tho, but isn't that standard for pink moon? This fancy camping is all new to me, made the mistake of camping in Hendrix near the rave last year, Was much rougher than previous years. Pink moon surely cuts down on the scumbag factor though? Also really hoping for blur and the frames to be added this week, 20,000 singing along to tender would be amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

The next announcement has to be tomorrow.

Advertisement