Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I reckon it'll be blur as Jim Carrolls info is usually spot on. Can't see muse been added as well and can't see them suiting the ep crowd tbh. I still reckon we may get another headliner though (hopefully). Roll on sep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cian_M

Looks like Benjamin Clementine has announced himself for Electric Picnic over on his Facebook page.

Saw this guy on Jools Holland last year and really enjoyed him. Guess the announcement is going to be very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

And THERE you have it

New additions:
    Blur
    Sam Smith
    Grace Jones
    Interpol
    FKA Twigs
    Despacio
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Yasiin Bey
    Mac DeMarco
    MK
    Gavin James
    Printer Clips
    Julio Bashmore
    The Riptide Movement
    The 2 Bears
    SOAK
    Viet Cong
    Dawes
    Benjamin Clementine
    Fat White Family
    Honne
    Kwamie Liv
    Fickle Friends

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Sam Smith :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Sam Smith! WTF!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Interpol!

(zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

INTERPOL!

Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I would say the lineup is different class to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

And THERE you have it

New additions:
    Blur
    Sam Smith
    Grace Jones
    Interpol
    FKA Twigs
    Despacio
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Yasiin Bey
    Mac DeMarco
    MK
    Gavin James
    Printer Clips
    Julio Bashmore
    The Riptide Movement
    The 2 Bears
    SOAK
    Viet Cong
    Dawes
    Benjamin Clementine
    Fat White Family
    Honne
    Kwamie Liv
    Fickle Friends

Blur, FKA Twigs, Mac De Marco, Despacio, SOAK and Julio Bashmore are beautiful additions. Printer Clips will be special if they're all booked.

Lol at the headliners though.

This will be my 3rd time seeing interpol in 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Paul Kalkbrenner Oh Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Eh Sam Smith headlining Ep?

Wtf. Embarrassing.

Despacio... that'll be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Delighted with blur and Interpol. But Sam smith headliner?? Wtf!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

did sam smith win the x factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sam Smyth - I'm delighted! Won't have any trouble sleeping at least on one of the nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I wouldnt worry about the headliners. There is always something else to watch that late in the evening. Florence and Sam Smith are MEH to me but I'm sure I'll find something else to do when they're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Fat Whites and Mac Demarco will be great. Benjamin Clemantine, Grace Jones, Yasiin Bey and Julio Bashmore will be definitely worth a watch as well

Hopefully Blur play Sunday as only going Sunday this year, but money is on Sam Smith (gack)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

CEPLrMLWMAEhpFQ.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

proudi wrote: »
    Blur, FKA Twigs, Mac De Marco, Despacio, SOAK and Julio Bashmore are beautiful additions. Printer Clips will be special if they're all booked.

Lol at the headliners though.

Someone mentioned Despacio on the body and soul thread. Interesting if they get a whole tent for themselves for a night or whatever.

Lineup is looking a lot more solid now. Still nothing amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

lbj666 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Despacio on the body and soul thread. Interesting if they get a whole tent for themselves for a night or whatever.

Lineup is looking a lot more solid now. Still nothing amazing.

Despacio are getting a tent to themselves and curating it for several hours. They will have the full speaker set, taking turns to play.

Doubt I will leave that tent. It will be savage

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Well we could sit here all day and complain about Sam Smith headlining, which I'll agree is a bit of an embarrassment, but damn that is a beautiful announcement... Paul Kalkbenner is still the greatest DJ I've ever seen live, Interpol are perfect, on top of the likes of Tame Impala, The War on Drugs and My Morning Jacket? Those are some very important bands right there. This is the best EP lineup in years in my opinion! So many acts I want to see; Chvrches, Low, Jon Hopkins, Vietcong, Blur, Jurassic 5 etc. Anyone who continues to claim Longitude or Forbidden Fruit have a better lineup this year don't belong at the Picnic anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cian_M

This is one hell of a mixed bag of an announcement.

Blur being confirmed as a headliner is great.

Some other good acts that I will definitely be checking out are:
    Mac Demarco (loved his albums 2 and Salad Days, not mad about Rock and Roll Nightclub)
    Viet Cong (one of my favourite albums dropped this year)
    Interpol (liked there first album, wouldn't see them if they came over but would defo check them out at a festival)
    Fat White Family (also really liked this album, and I heard they bring a great energy to their performances)
    Benjamin Clementine (a nice unique piano player, only listened to a few tracks but I like what I heard)

.....as for Sam Smith, the less said about him the better

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Yasiin Bey(Mos Def) is a quality surprise. Can anyone explain to me what Despacio actually is?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Yasiin Bey(Mos Def) is a quality surprise. Can anyone explain to me what Despacio actually is?

Damn I totally didn't realize that.. Any idea why he's down as that?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Ruanmcg wrote: »

I think he just adopted a new stage name.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Ruanmcg wrote: »

I duno I think it's kind of a Cassius Clay to Muhammad Ali situation. Looking forward to him a lot.

proudi wrote: »
    I think he just adopted a new stage name.

Religious reasons, similar to Cat Stephens I guess?. His gig in Vicar St a while back was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Despacio is James Murphy (Ex-LCD Sound System) and 2ManyDJs aka Soulwax.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I done a bit of a write up about it a few weeks ago when they recorded a mix for BBC, have a read here if you want. My friend was chatting to 2manyDJs after their gig in Dublin and they said they were playing so absolutely delighted that it's true, I hope they have that tent going for the whole weekend.

Fairly good announcement this morning, Sam Smith is bizarre I remember people talking about him a few months ago and laughing at the possibility of him being a headliner, but then Blur and Grace Jones are two very good headliners/subs. Overall I think there is something for everyone in the line up now, lots of acts on the bill I would like to see now. My one complaint so far is that there aren't really many older bands so far, last year we had Pet Shop Boys, Blondie, Chic, Simple Minds, The Stranglers, The Wailers... We have Grace Jones but would have liked one or two more, hopefully will be some announced before September!

Advertisement