Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah he goes by the name Yasiin Bey now, for whatever reason!

Converted to Islam, simple enough reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Anyone have any idea what the day by day breakdown might look like?

(Basically what day will Blur be on??!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Hammer91 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what the day by day breakdown might look like?

(Basically what day will Blur be on??!!)

The Blur site has them playing the sat night

http://www.blur.co.uk/tour

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Overall I think there is something for everyone in the line up now, lots of acts on the bill I would like to see now. My one complaint so far is that there aren't really many older bands so far, last year we had Pet Shop Boys, Blondie, Chic, Simple Minds, The Stranglers, The Wailers... We have Grace Jones but would have liked one or two more, hopefully will be some announced before September!

I completely agree with ya here. They were probably my favourite acts from last year so fingers crossed we get some older bands added to the bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

MattD wrote: »
    Can we just nip this in the bud right now, and not turn this into a big cry-fest over Sam Smith headlining?

The fact is he played EP in 2013, so he's a returning artist who FR obviously have contacts with, and will move a lot of tickets.

And anyway will almost certainly be clashing with Kalkbrenner, TWOD or something similar, so everyone has one headache out of the way! Fantastic announcement anyway for me, hopefully FKA twigs actually makes it to the stage this year. Woop Viet Cong too!

Don't agree. Poor headliner choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

The Blur site has them playing the sat night

http://www.blur.co.uk/tour

They wont release the day breakdown until august i'd say/

Will this one sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ruxjit wrote: »
    Will this one sell out?

Hard to know as it's been mentioned that there is an extra 5,000 tickets this year. Balance that with whether this years lineup is more popular than last years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Loving today's announcement, haven't seen Blur so I'm chuffed with that, big fan of MK and Julio Bashmore, couldn't ask for more really :)

If there's and extra 5000 it won't sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ruxjit wrote: »
    If there's and extra 5000 it won't sell out.

I'd say it will definitely sell out with that line up and more to be announced. Those 3 headliners will sell tickets.

• Advertisement

I'd say it will definitely sell out with that line up and more to be announced. Those 3 headliners will sell tickets.

Kinda a hoping it doesn't sell out until I get the funds together anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I'd imagine it will easily sell out before the August bank holiday. Happy enough with today's announcement aside from the obvious, looking forward to Blur as that whole Blur or Oasis thing went well over my head (I was a rave head) Nice to see Grace Jones back and looking forward to spending a few hours lost in Despacio and Paul K.
    Its not a bad return for €150 really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Pretty happy with that. Delighted with Blur. I really can't wait to see them and hear Damon sing live. He is blessed with that voice.

I don't want to be a cry baby, but the addition of the faux soulster of the moment Sam Smith is a major drag for me, as my kids will want to see him.

Finger's crossed: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32590174/sam-smiths-bleeding-vocal-cords-force-him-to-cancel-more-shows

EP 2015 is shaping up nicely. I'm feeling it finally. I wasn't so much up until now. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Sam Smith is on Friday night according to his site.

http://samsmithworld.com/live/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

sadie06 wrote: »
    Sam Smith is on Friday night according to his site.

http://samsmithworld.com/live/

Get him out of the way with. That means with Blur playing Saturday FATM will close on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

So Saturday could potentially be Blur followed by Underworld? That'll be amazing.

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    So Saturday could potentially be Blur followed by Underworld? That'll be amazing.

That's exactly the way it will roll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

a lot of acts have the first day of a festival down by default.

Im hoping underworld are in the electric arena while Florence headlines the main stage on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Underworld down as the Friday on their site, but here's hoping :D
    http://www.underworldlive.com/events/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Should be great. Thank **** Smith is on friday, would be a waste putting him on either of the big days. Stick him where PSB, Fatboy Slim, Interpol etc. have been the last few years, not a fan of any of them but having them on Friday meant I could relax and stroll about to see everything happening elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Should be great. Thank **** Smith is on friday, would be a waste putting him on either of the big days. Stick him where PSB, Fatboy Slim, Interpol etc. have been the last few years, not a fan of any of them but having them on Friday meant I could relax and stroll about to see everything happening elsewhere.

Would be happy to see Interpol in the EA while FATM is on :) Have not seen Interpol since Oxegen 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Sam Smiths song with Disclosure was great, its just a shame he chose to go the MOR route for his album.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Why is there so much hate for Sam Smith? We were all expecting a big uk chart act like it. I'd rather have him there than Mumford & Sons. It's not like you have to go see him anyway, there'll be lots more going on when he's playing. Sam Smith won't attract much ballbags either, maybe lots of woman :p

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Why is there so much hate for Sam Smith? We were all expecting a big uk chart act like it. I'd rather have him there than Mumford & Sons. It's not like you have to go see him anyway, there'll be lots more going on when he's playing. Sam Smith won't attract much ballbags either, maybe lots of woman :p

Amen, the whining is pathetic. Plenty else on. Never heard of Despacio but looking forward to them after reading about them here & delighted FKA Twigs will be playing, was gutted last year. Shaping up nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Every comment on the EP announcement was just complaining about Sam Smith. He is one act ffs, he's easily avoidable!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hopefully Blur will be a bit better than they were at Oxegen a few years back. one of the worst headline performances i've seen at a fetival.

hopefully Blur will be a bit better than they were at Oxegen a few years back. one of the worst headline performances i've seen at a fetival.

It wasn't the bands fault. The sound was absolute pish at oxygen that year. Not just the mainstage.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    It wasn't the bands fault. The sound was absolute pish at oxygen that year. Not just the mainstage.

True, I recall prodigy being a murky pool of garbled noise that year on the 2nd stage, and I think Tv on the Radio suffered too.

Every comment on the EP announcement was just complaining about Sam Smith. He is one act ffs, he's easily avoidable!

For me personally it's less about him being ****e and more about a headliner being someone who's got about 10 songs. There are more suitable headliners playing below him.

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    True, I recall prodigy being a murky pool of garbled noise that year on the 2nd stage, and I think Tv on the Radio suffered too.

Aww man I was so disappointed with the sound at Tv On The Radio. Was so hyped up walking into the tent, then they started and the sound was just awful. Tried to move around a bit too to see if it sounded better up front but, no luck.

Advertisement