Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Guys don't take the day shown on each bands website as gospel yet. A lot of them just throw down one of the days and actual day gets confirmed later. If they have other dates that weekend its probably a safe assumption.

For example underworld someone said was friday but they have nothing else on that weekend and their page http://www.underworldlive.com/events/ here has Sunday but that may not be right either. They played sunday last time before Pulp and to be honest the time slot didn't really work. They should be a shoe in for the late night saturday main stage, there no other apparent option at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

My main concern with Sam Smith headlining, is the amount of material he's got?
    I would have said he's good for 1hour max! That's not really headlining, unless he pads the F**k out of it with cheesy covers, you basically have X-Factor on the EP main stage, likely to be televised, promoting the place to domino's eating, Ant and Dec watching brain dead f**ks, the very people I go to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

BadTurtle wrote: »
    For me personally it's less about him being ****e and more about a headliner being someone who's got about 10 songs. There are more suitable headliners playing below him.

Oh I 100% agree. He's only headlining because he's had songs in the charts.

I'd happily let Tame Impala headline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I would have said he's good for 1hour max! That's not really headlining, unless he pads the F**k out of it with cheesy covers, you basically have X-Factor on the EP main stage, likely to be televised, promoting the place to domino's eating, Ant and Dec watching brain dead f**ks, the very people I go to avoid.

Bit harsh Geoff.....there's literally like 50 things you could be doing or seeing while the lad is playing. So chill the frig out.....and leave dominos out of this!

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Sam Smiths song with Disclosure was great, its just a shame he chose to go the MOR route for his album.

Agree with this. Was disappointed that the album was so bland after that song had gotten my hopes up for him.

I do think it's a little ridiculous that he's a headliner when he only has one album to his name. But no problem with him being on the lineup 'cause a lot of people do like him and for those who don't there's lots of other stuff to do while he's playing (in any case, I'd still rather go see him than Manic Street fúcking Preachers!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    Bit harsh Geoff.....there's literally like 50 things you could be doing or seeing while the lad is playing. So chill the frig out.....and leave dominos out of this!

In all fairness, the frog has a point...

Dominos are utter sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Fatfrog wrote: »

So you go to electric picnic to get away from "braindead " people as opposed to for the music and festival itself? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mr.S wrote: »
    Very close to selling out.

Already? Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It's of course going to sell out....rem all our shock last year when it sold out and this years line up is way more appealing.
    Im delighted Sam smith is headlining, means more room for me at whatever he's clashing with!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rfrip wrote: »
    It's of course going to sell out....rem all our shock last year when it sold out and this years line up is way more appealing.
    Im delighted Sam smith is headlining, means more room for me at whatever he's clashing with!!

Exactly :):):):)

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

After last year and with that line up, I would be shocked it it makes it to July without being a sell out. This years line up is superb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

They only issue I would have with sam smith is that he will probably be taking a big wedge that we could have got a good few bands instead of him.
    He won multiple grammys , the boy can sing. let him off.

Snarky Snark Snark

Bowlardo wrote: »
    They only issue I would have with sam smith is that he will probably be taking a big wedge that we could have got a good few bands instead of him.
    He won multiple grammys , the boy can sing. let him off.

Had a listen to him, thought he was similar to Hozier, not my thing but he would be a ticket seller, you gotta have lads like him to balance out the smaller artier bands who are not gonna sell tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Mr.S wrote: »
    Very close to selling out.

How do you know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

i think people that are really into music will think it's a strong line up.

endainoz wrote: »

Was partially having a laugh with that ;) but I think ya know what I'm getting at!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

listened to some Mos Def while out walking the dogs. Very impressive!

This will without doubt sell out!!

Tickets sold out by 31st of July last year, I'll make a bold prediction and say that EP15 will be sold out by July 1st.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I dont think Sam Smith would be any more expensive then FATM . Its a weird one Sam Smith headlining but as people said he will shift a good few extra tickets.

If no one else is on i prob will see what he is like . Plus i no people might say that EP is changing too much but nowadays for EP to survive and make a profit they need to bring in some big acts to make sure it sells out each year. Plus they might not always have the biggest selection of acts

Also Dawes are down for the 4th since they are in the UK on the 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not a fan of Sam Smith but people can't really complain too much, there will be plenty more on at the same time and he was kind of a surprise headliner, I think most people on here seemed to expect Blur to be the third headliner but we got Sam Smith too and it seems as if Underworld were kind of bumped down. Agree it's a very good line up this year, today's announcement confirmed that as I was slightly disappointed with the initial line up. Plenty of acts I haven't seen before I'm looking forward to seeing. I would hope its Sam Smith on Friday, Blur & Underworld Saturday, Florence & The Machine Sunday. I'm not a huge fan of any of the headliners but jesus, Blur/Underworld would be something else on the Saturday and likewise Florence for the close of the festival.

Still probably another announcement to come in late July after Longitude (I'm guessing), plus the RBMA, Body & Soul and Casa Bacardi. This is shaping up to be a very good picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

wouldn't be hugely surprised if Sam Smith was playing 2nd last on Sunday (or even Saturday), like Beck did, even though he was apparently a headliner according to the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

And it wouldn't make sense if Sam Smith was the Sunday headliner as they sold out of Sunday tickets anyway long before this announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Winmau77

I wish Red Hot Chili Peppers would make a return to Ireland :( .. Have my ticket for EP, loving the line up so far anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

Winmau77 wrote: »
    I wish Red Hot Chili Peppers would make a return to Ireland :( .. Have my ticket for EP, loving the line up so far anyway..

They're not the same without Frusciante

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They are currently making an album so id imagine they will, and i'll be first in line for tickets!

Lots of people whinging about Sam Smith on the FB page, I don't care tbh. EP is massive so just go to something else, plus women love him so as far as I'm concerned Sam Smith = more girls which is fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Winmau77

MadYaker wrote: »
    They are currently making an album so id imagine they will, and i'll be first in line for tickets!

Lots of people whinging about Sam Smith on the FB page, I don't care tbh. EP is massive so just go to something else, plus women love him so as far as I'm concerned Sam Smith = more girls which is fine by me.

I mean they really are just pure class...

I am going for the experience really, I am not familiar with half the acts but sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I mean they really are just pure class...

I am going for the experience really, I am not familiar with half the acts but sure..

I went in 2010 and new almost none of the acts and it was still epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

MadYaker wrote: »

I think a lot of the reaction to Sam Smith is more of a surprised 'wtf??' more than whinging about it.

I have to say to me it stuck out like a sore thumb when i saw it first, especially the billing. But i guess that's just the direction the festival is heading in.

I have to say that the rest of the lineup is really coming together nicely with this latest announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bobobobob

I could easily imagine Sam Smith taking the same spot as hozier last year, afternoon-ish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bobobobob wrote: »
    I could easily imagine Sam Smith taking the same spot as hozier last year, afternoon-ish.

Nope , I can see a similar set up like Beck last year where he plays second last under the headliner.

Maybe Underworld for Friday , FATM Saturday and Blur on after Sam Smith on the Sunday?

Advertisement