Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

The Lone Bellow were made for EP - unfortunately they play Whelans in the Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

everlast75 wrote: »
    listened to some Mos Def while out walking the dogs. Very impressive!

I saw him a few years back in the village. He was 2 hours late and then did a karaoke set with other peoples songs. Terrible gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Yeah I wouldn't be banking on a decent set from mos def. without putting too fine a point on it he's a bit of a nutter and as prone to shocking performances as Tricky,another visionary rapper and all round strange fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Winmau77 wrote: »
    I mean they really are just pure class...

I am going for the experience really, I am not familiar with half the acts but sure..

Ah, that's the whole point of EP, going along to some random band in a small tent in the middle of the afternoon and discovering something awesome.

I had this experience with 2 Bears a couple of years ago, really looking forward to seeing them again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Yeah I wouldn't be banking on a decent set from mos def. without putting too fine a point on it he's a bit of a nutter and as prone to shocking performances as Tricky,another visionary rapper and all round strange fruit.

good 'ol Tricky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I'd like to say that was a one off but he did much the same for his entire set at Oxegen in 2008 or 2009, whatever year he played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ah, that's the whole point of EP, going along to some random band in a small tent in the middle of the afternoon and discovering something awesome.

I had this experience with 2 Bears a couple of years ago, really looking forward to seeing them again this year.

I've missed 2 Bears at both EP and Glastonbury recently. I must get to see them this year

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Autorotator

Does anyone expect many more bands to be announced at this stage ? I really thought the strokes were going to play, still a solid line up tho Im happy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'd say we'll get a few smaller acts, maybe an oldie legacy act or two, we've still to get all the dj stuff and the other tents (Comedy etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Does anyone expect many more bands to be announced at this stage ? I really thought the strokes were going to play, still a solid line up tho Im happy

There won't be any big name announcements ,but they will make more announcements to fill out the middle and bottom of the bill. Body & Soul, Barcardi bar, RBMA all have to announce theirs too. Once other gigs like forbidden fruit body and soul and longitude are finished they will add bands that were on those bills , they will mostly be irish acts and or the odd dj though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mr.S wrote: »
    Pretty decent lineup to be fair.

Selling out last year will have helped quite a bit towards ticket sales too.

No commercial alternative for a camping festival in the country is the only thing keeping it selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Who do we think will do the raves in the woods? John Hopkins one of the nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mr S do you have any links there suggesting that this is nearly selling out, if it is selling out it will be like the mad old days in 2007 when EP sold out I think in the middle of May.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

CWF wrote: »
    Who do we think will do the raves in the woods? John Hopkins one of the nights?

Doubt it, rbma book the acts themselves I think. Jon Hopkins was announced before xmas. Hopkins is more of a live performance ( although it is really just him fidling with some kaos pads ) , RBMA suits more long meandering 2-3 hr dj sets that people can walk in and out of.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mr S do you have any links there suggesting that this is nearly selling out, if it is selling out it will be like the mad old days in 2007 when EP sold out I think in the middle of May.

sold out in 2 weeks my bet

sold out in 2 weeks my bet

Isn't capacity increased again this year though? Selling out would be a great achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

only a few thousand more. it sold out a month in advance last time, and Blur and FATM are big draws compared to last year. will be amazed if it doesn't sell out.

Isn't capacity increased again this year though? Selling out would be a great achievement.

would it really tho? kinda got zero competition

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

hope the rbma layout is better this year, last year the end of the crowd just happened to be where those big exposed tree roots started where I saw about 66 people fall over them, it was funny until I nearly killed myself over a really fuckery root

Despacio should be nice, hopefully the tent is in a somewhat obscure location to keep the crowd size down, nothing worse than great tunes and no room to windmill your arms frantically

I think if they weren't confident of selling out they would have announced Blur a lot earlier. Instead they held them back as a strategy to get more people to hold on for a while and then get them pay full price when they have their minds made up.

Its going to sell out no doubt about it, after yesterdays announcement it could be sooner than expected. The bbc coverage of glastonbury brings a spike in festival ticket sales so my bet is it will be after that at the very latest.

• Advertisement

hope the rbma layout is better this year, last year the end of the crowd just happened to be where those big exposed tree roots started where I saw about 66 people fall over them, it was funny until I nearly killed myself over a really fuckery root

Despacio should be nice, hopefully the tent is in a somewhat obscure location to keep the crowd size down, nothing worse than great tunes and no room to windmill your arms frantically

Bloody trees , better chop them down so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

lbj666 wrote: »
    Bloody trees , better chop them down so.

they just need to put socks on the roots so i can sit on them

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experience volunteering at the festival? Seen the applications were opened and would be interested in doing so.

What are the shifts like? What work do you do? Is there training involved?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experience volunteering at the festival? Seen the applications were opened and would be interested in doing so.

What are the shifts like? What work do you do? Is there training involved?

Thanks in advance!

What area? Steward, ticketing?

I'd have experience in ticketing, couldnt recommend it highly enough, huge returning staff and great people to work for and potential to go to alot of uk gigs and if work well paid work in future

What area? Steward, ticketing?

I'd have experience in ticketing, couldnt recommend it highly enough, huge returning staff and great people to work for and potential to go to alot of uk gigs and if work well paid work in future

Thanks for the info! That sounds great, I'd really love to get into it but haven't done anything like that before - is it difficult to get in with no experience? Are they looking for people only with experience with the festival?

Not sure what area because it was a general application but got this from the site:

"Volunteer roles can include being an information steward, assisting in the car parks and campsites, working on wristband check points and being the 'eyes and ears' of the festival."

Thanks for the info! That sounds great, I'd really love to get into it but haven't done anything like that before - is it difficult to get in with no experience? Are they looking for people only with experience with the festival?

Not sure what area because it was a general application but got this from the site:

"Volunteer roles can include being an information steward, assisting in the car parks and campsites, working on wristband check points and being the 'eyes and ears' of the festival."

no experience needed, alot of it is refer a friend, as there is a degree of trust required, if you contact them they might be able to fit you in. I believe there is still spaces available

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

only a few thousand more. it sold out a month in advance last time, and Blur and FATM are big draws compared to last year. will be amazed if it doesn't sell out.

i thought it was up to 47000 this year which is a decent increase

It's never had competition (unless you count Oxegen, which I wouldn't) and it failed to sell out for a few years at a lower capacity, so yeah, I think a sell-out would be impressive.

no experience needed, alot of it is refer a friend, as there is a degree of trust required, if you contact them they might be able to fit you in. I believe there is still spaces available

I've applied today so hopefully I will hear back

Thank you for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

It's never had competition (unless you count Oxegen, which I wouldn't) and it failed to sell out for a few years at a lower capacity, so yeah, I think a sell-out would be impressive.
    If Ed Sheeran can sell 3 nights in Croker at 80,000 each, then this lineup can sell 47,000

Advertisement