Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

It's never had competition (unless you count Oxegen, which I wouldn't) and it failed to sell out for a few years at a lower capacity, so yeah, I think a sell-out would be impressive.

Oxegen was its competitor??

Its sold out last few years, since Oxegen closed its doors anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

If Ed Sheeran can sell 3 nights in Croker at 80,000 each, then this lineup can sell 47,000

I think if its a wet summer it wont sell out, if its wet and miserable all the time people wont want to go camping. Last year was I fine summer that's why it sold out quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Not sure it's anything to go by but MT posted his weather prediction for this summer and said it would be wet with a nicer august and september.. sounds perfect for picnic!
    This summer, I would expect temperatures to average near or just slightly below normal values overall in Ireland, with rainfall varying from below normal in the northwest to slightly above normal in the southeast. I have published elsewhere that I expect it to be quite a wet summer in southern England but with the storm track likely to be a bit to the east of Ireland much of the time, I expect the rainfall regime as stated above.

Sunshine is likely to be close to normal or maybe a bit below normal. As summer is defined to be June, July and August in weather circles, this says nothing about May which is apparently going to be quite a wet, cloudy month with near normal temperatures. I would go with late August or early September as being the best part of this year's summer in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Oxegen was its competitor??

As per my post; no, no it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Do people think it'll be sold out by the end of may?

No money for a ticket atm, really dying to get one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

As per my post; no, no it wasn't.

ok :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Do people think it'll be sold out by the end of may?

No money for a ticket atm, really dying to get one!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it very possibly could. The family tickets sold out in scarily quick time this year (I nearly missed the boat) and campervan tickets and Sunday tickets all sold out on the strength of the first announcement.

If general tickets follow suit ( and the addition of Sam Smith is a big draw for a certain demographic) I could see it selling out 6 or 8 weeks earlier than last year, which would be the end of May - mid June.

Just my opinion though, and I do agree that looking at the current weather wouldn't inspire those in two minds to buy a ticket.

sadie06 wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it very possibly could. The family tickets sold out in scarily quick time this year (I nearly missed the boat) and campervan tickets and Sunday tickets all sold out on the strength of the first announcement.

If general tickets follow suit ( and the addition of Sam Smith is a big draw for a certain demographic) I could see it selling out 6 or 8 weeks earlier than last year, which would be the end of May - mid June.

Just my opinion though, and I do agree that looking at the current weather wouldn't inspire those in two minds to buy a ticket.

Worst case they usually release a few day tickets close to date if people are stuck...usually

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Once I saw Interpol and Blur announced I bought my ticket within 30 minutes. Didn't think it through but doubt I'll regret it! First time going.

Stuck in work and the site for Electric Picnic is blocked, can anyone help me out with camping rules?
    How much cans of beer can you bring? Can you bring foldable chairs? Disposible bbq?

Just a brief outline of what you can and cant bring. Even a screenshot or copy the list would be perfect. Thanks.

Also will more acts be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    So you go to electric picnic to get away from "braindead " people as opposed to for the music and festival itself? :pac:
    You do realise the people who go to a festival have a massive impact on the festival itself? Electric Picnic developed a good reputation originally in no small part due to the fact that it didn't appeal to people who like Sam Smith. It was sort of its raison d'etre.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Once I saw Interpol and Blur announced I bought my ticket within 30 minutes. Didn't think it through but doubt I'll regret it! First time going.

Stuck in work and the site for Electric Picnic is blocked, can anyone help me out with camping rules?
    How much cans of beer can you bring? Can you bring foldable chairs? Disposible bbq?

Just a brief outline of what you can and cant bring. Even a screenshot or copy the list would be perfect. Thanks.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/camping
    48 cans per person, BBQs allowed, folding chair is a must.

The only thing you can't really bring in (that you would legitimately want) is glass bottles

Adamocovic wrote: »

as much booze as you wish...as long as its not glass.

no bbq

but its all down to luck, can get most things in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Thanks a million, cant open the link in work as its blocked and my laptop is out of action, but that summary sorts out main concerns ha! Cheers

The only thing you can't really bring in (that you would legitimately want) is glass bottles

never knew bbq were allowed... 10 years and never noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

i think there's a specified barbecuing area no? Lighting up in the campsite is probably frowned upon

Did it a couple of years ago, more hassle than it's worth tbh. Keeping the meat cold just takes up precious cooler space that should be filled with cans.

Did it a couple of years ago, more hassle than it's worth tbh. Keeping the meat cold just takes up precious cooler space that should be filled with cans.

do Heineken still do the cooler facility?

do Heineken still do the cooler facility?

Yeah as far i know they still do

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chronickebab

I am a total festival virgin. Are they strict on letting under 18s in (I'm 17)

If you don't look(or act!) like you're 14 you should be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I have only been to Slane once so Im rusty when it comes to these things. I just want to go see Blur and leave afterwards.
    Can someone tell me if I can do that and how much it will cost?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You're free to go in and out of EP all weekend but it will cost you €229 for the privilage of seeing Blur.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I just want to go see Blur and leave afterwards.

Sounds like great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

It's not over 18s at all, there will be lots of children at it. You might want to be accompanied by an adult tho, which could be one of your friends that is over 18.

Ruxjit wrote: »
    It's not over 18s at all, there will be lots of children at it. You might want to be accompanied by an adult tho, which could be one of your friends that is over 18.

As far as i know children under 12 are permitted with an adult, but not those in the 12-18 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Does anyone remember if they sell cider on site? I was there a few years ago and i don't think they had it. I don't drink beer or wine but did drink the Bacardi which was quite tasty.
    I know Heineken have the contract but wondering if they might sell Cider too somewhere. Thanks

andreac wrote: »
    Does anyone remember if they sell cider on site? I was there a few years ago and i don't think they had it. I don't drink beer or wine but did drink the Bacardi which was quite tasty.
    I know Heineken have the contract but wondering if they might sell Cider too somewhere. Thanks

Generally, no, but Heineken have just launched their own cider brand ("Orchard Thieves") so that might be available this year.

Otherwise, it's cans of lukewarm Bulmers. Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Heineken have their new rediculously sweet orchard thieves stuff out so they will surely be selling that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Generally, no, but Heineken have just launched their own cider brand ("Orchard Thieves") so that might be available this year.

Otherwise, it's cans of lukewarm Bulmers. Huzzah!

Oooh interesting about the Orchard Thieves. Wonder could i try and find out.

Yeah the lukewarm thing might have to do lol. Thanks

• Advertisement

Oooh interesting about the Orchard Thieves. Wonder could i try and find out.

Yeah the lukewarm thing might have to do lol. Thanks

The Heineken stall will normally throw any cans of their product into the cooler for you at their stall so possibly bring cans of Orchard Thieves along?

Advertisement