Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

CWF wrote: »
    Who do we think will do the raves in the woods? John Hopkins one of the nights?

I'd say we will get one big act down there each night then a load of Irish acts too, hard to call who they will get for it presumably it will be acts from this list (over 1,000 DJs :eek: ). Four Tet is in there, can't help but feel he would be a possibility, someone like Jeff Mills maybe? Would keep with the heavy techno theme from last year. Personally would much prefer they went more house-y in their choices, would love to see any of Henrik Schwarz, Jackmaster, Seth Troxler but can't see it happening. Mano Le Tough could be a good shout actually, he would be perfect.

So hard to guess, the more I scroll through that page the more possibilities pop up, they have such a huge catalog of DJs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I have only been to Slane once so Im rusty when it comes to these things. I just want to go see Blur and leave afterwards.
    Can someone tell me if I can do that and how much it will cost?

Thanks

Slanegirl ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

You do realise the people who go to a festival have a massive impact on the festival itself? Electric Picnic developed a good reputation originally in no small part due to the fact that it didn't appeal to people who like Sam Smith. It was sort of its raison d'etre.

Anybody who think Sam Smith fans are going to ruin their weekend needs to cop on to be honest. People are acting as if tiesto and Calvin Harris were just announced.

Sam Smith will only attract more women, hardly the crowd that are gonna burn out tents and start fights.

Have to laugh at this thread sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I have only been to Slane once so Im rusty when it comes to these things. I just want to go see Blur and leave afterwards.

Thanks

Cannot tell if serious or taking the piss:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I see bloc party are doing a few shows, I would love to them added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Thanks

You could leave but you'd have to pay for a full weekend ticket which is a massive waste of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

you could always parachute in, cheaper than getting the weekend ticket and you can just get thrown out after you've seen blur

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

you could always parachute in, cheaper than getting the weekend ticket and you can just get thrown out after you've seen blur

They could try this!!
    http://youtu.be/UD6i4YEy81o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'd say we will get one big act down there each night then a load of Irish acts too, hard to call who they will get for it presumably it will be acts from this list (over 1,000 DJs :eek: ). Four Tet is in there, can't help but feel he would be a possibility, someone like Jeff Mills maybe? Would keep with the heavy techno theme from last year. Personally would much prefer they went more house-y in their choices, would love to see any of Henrik Schwarz, Jackmaster, Seth Troxler but can't see it happening. Mano Le Tough could be a good shout actually, he would be perfect.

So hard to guess, the more I scroll through that page the more possibilities pop up, they have such a huge catalog of DJs.

What about Braekes: Boys Noise & Mr Ozio, would they fit Rave in the Woods or would they be more a Little Big Tent act.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I'll stick my neck out and say Carl Craig for one night in the woods..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see bloc party are doing a few shows, I would love to them added

100 Agree , would love to see them again , Pity half the band have left

Alas there goes the hopes dashed of EP procuring Hot Chocolate as Errol Brown the lead has just passed away, they were supposed to be playing Rewind festival in the UK. RIP Errol Brown.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32613573

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

SmallBalls wrote: »
    I'll stick my neck out and say Carl Craig for one night in the woods..
    would love to see Carl Craig there, think he played in the early years but i missed him

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing the rbma lineup. Would like to see a more housey dj headline one of the nights as well to change things up a bit instead of 3 nights of techno in a row like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Anybody who think Sam Smith fans are going to ruin their weekend needs to cop on to be honest. People are acting as if tiesto and Calvin Harris were just announced. S
    Sam Smith will only attract more women, hardly the crowd that are gonna burn out tents and start fights.

Have to laugh at this thread sometimes
    Ah sure I suppose Coppers is just as good as anywhere cos no one gets stabbed and there are women there and stuff.

It's not like it's a binary choice between sound people and violent sociopaths. There's a whole spectrum in between which unfortunately includes wreckheads who have no real business being at a festival but feel some vague obligation to go since Oxegen shut up shop. Time was this kind of thing didn't bother so much but I've found that as a move into my mid-late 20s my tolerance for vibe-killing morons has gone through the floor,

Still don't really know what going "for the festival itself" is supposed to mean either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You sound like great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

would love to see Carl Craig there, think he played in the early years but i missed him

Wow..never heard of that dude..But thats a brilliant set...love it. Hope he plays now :)
    Would love to see this dude too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HffibenJl8
    He loves his job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

TV on the Radio announced a few dates in London at the end of August.
    I'm hoping they'll get added to the bill, but maybe a standalone gig would be better again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing the rbma lineup. Would like to see a more housey dj headline one of the nights as well to change things up a bit instead of 3 nights of techno in a row like last year.

Since when is Joy Orbison techno?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

BadTurtle wrote: »

You serious? He's always played techno in his sets anytime I've seen him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

He's been producing and regularly playing techno for at least two years now. Post dubstep/UK bass/house revival/whatever the **** is dead, man.

Yeah I think I could call this techno or maybe braindance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Synode wrote: »
    You sound like great craic

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

Regardless if hes a techno dj or not he still played a techno set last year apart from the last tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Tech house baby.

Midly tolerable to some ****ty techno brown noise.

eoinf wrote: »
    Tech house baby.

Midly tolerable to some ****ty techno brown noise.

Yeah he was billed as Tech house at Life festival last year and some of the stuff on that set was quite different from the Rave in the woods set. He was playing under the name Joy O so I don't know if this is a different genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't understand people complaining about Sam Smith. Yeah his music isn't a bit cringey but all the Sam Smith fans I know are girls, so I say bring him and his fans on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ah it has to be techno at the RBMA, the woods is perfect for it. Nothing better to be at at 3 am :D

Personally, I'd love to see Ben Klock back again. Maceo Plex or Blawan would be great as well.

I think this guy would actually be perfect and would be slightly more chilled out too. Tune from the new Bulmers ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I can see MK or Tourist doing the Red Bull stage? Or a 2am set from either in Body & Soul would be epic.

• Advertisement

I'd like to think an Errol Alkan B2B Daniel Avery set would go down well at rave in the woods. I wonder what RBMA will come up with this time. I notice that Electric Zoo in the US same time as the Picnic have only announced three acts so far, Chemical Brothers, Alesso and Above and Beyond, I don't know when they will announce the rest, but worth ticking off acts that you know won't be playing the Picnic.

Advertisement