Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Always Sunny

I am a total festival virgin. Are they strict on letting under 18s in (I'm 17)

You'll be grand. I went in 2013 for the first time and I was a young looking 17 year old at best then. They realistically aren't going to refuse you entry if you have a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ah sure I suppose Coppers is just as good as anywhere cos no one gets stabbed and there are women there and stuff.

It's not like it's a binary choice between sound people and violent sociopaths. There's a whole spectrum in between which unfortunately includes wreckheads who have no real business being at a festival but feel some vague obligation to go since Oxegen shut up shop. Time was this kind of thing didn't bother so much but I've found that as a move into my mid-late 20s my tolerance for vibe-killing morons has gone through the floor,

Still don't really know what going "for the festival itself" is supposed to mean either.

What a load of waffle haha none of that relates to Sam Smith fans, he's not popular with the oxegen crowd, he won't attract wreck heads, he'll attract soppy women, if that kind of thing fúcks your weekend up then Ive nothing else left to say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

I'd like to think an Errol Alkan B2B Daniel Avery set would go down well at rave in the woods. I wonder what RBMA will come up with this time. I notice that Electric Zoo in the US same time as the Picnic have only announced three acts so far, Chemical Brothers, Alesso and Above and Beyond, I don't know when they will announce the rest, but worth ticking off acts that you know won't be playing the Picnic.

Is Daniel Avery at EP this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just booked Pink Moon camping!! The tent we wanted though has already sold out which we really wanted. Id say it will start to sell out altogether soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

I'd like to think an Errol Alkan B2B Daniel Avery set would go down well at rave in the woods. I wonder what RBMA will come up with this time. I notice that Electric Zoo in the US same time as the Picnic have only announced three acts so far, Chemical Brothers, Alesso and Above and Beyond, I don't know when they will announce the rest, but worth ticking off acts that you know won't be playing the Picnic.

Well thank Christ for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

MadYaker wrote: »
    I can see MK or Tourist doing the Red Bull stage? Or a 2am set from either in Body & Soul would be epic.

RBMA will announce their own lineup in due course the above will not be in the woods. As for anyone else who wants house at the RBMA stage head over to the Bacardi arena, the woods should be banging techno all weekend. I'd love to see Sunil Sharpe somewhere on the lineup again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Delighted with the lineup, absolutely delighted.

My only gripe is that almost every band/act I'm into at the moment is playing and I honestly can't imagine any sort of lineup that'll interest me next year. Life is cruel sometimes, but I'll survive :P

Looking forward to the final update and hopefully get to see some of these again; Sleep Thieves, Kormac's Big Band, **** Robot, Carriages, We Cut Corners, Vann Music, Tvvins, Bionic Rats, King Kong Company, Booka Brass Band, RSAG, and Jape would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Kormac's BB and Jape would be epic additions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Well thank Christ for that

Above and Beyond are alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Belfunk wrote: »
    RBMA will announce their own lineup in due course the above will not be in the woods. As for anyone else who wants house at the RBMA stage head over to the Bacardi arena, the woods should be banging techno all weekend. I'd love to see Sunil Sharpe somewhere on the lineup again this year.

Some good DJ's over there alright but the crowd is full of posers in my experience..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ugh September is so far awaaay! After the last announcement I am seriously excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bobobobob

Has the capacity definitely increased or is that just a rumor ?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Kormac's BB and Jape would be epic additions...

One of my lecturers is the Keyboard player in jape I'll try get a hold of him haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Wow..never heard of that dude.....

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Some good DJ's over there alright but the crowd is full of posers in my experience..

It largely is... but... A-Skillz !!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Expecting something along the lines of Four Tet, Jackmaster, Avery&Alkan or Ben UFO & Person Sound for the Rmba headliners. It was pretty much full on techno at the end of each night last year. Sunil friday, Joy O Sat and Boddika Sun. Would like a bit more housey techno if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

While I still think the woods has to be techno, at least at the end of the night...some house earlier on would be nice, up until half 1 or so maybe. Hearing Erol Alkan drop bang would be amazing. Four Tet would be great too, only just started listening to him recently, Pinnacles is an amazing song. Four Tet X Moe Szyslak :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Would love to see a Mathew Jonson live set on the RBMA stage. Idle Hands back again would be sweet too.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Expecting something along the lines of Four Tet, Jackmaster, Avery&Alkan or Ben UFO & Person Sound for the Rmba headliners. It was pretty much full on techno at the end of each night last year. Sunil friday, Joy O Sat and Boddika Sun. Would like a bit more housey techno if you know what I mean.
    Split the difference and play some tech house haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Winmau77

Does there be any deep house at all at Picnic?

• Advertisement

Winmau77 wrote: »

Proper deep house or the new "deep house"?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I'd imagine Casa Bacardi will have some of that garage housey stuff that the kids seem to call deep house. As for what what called deep house prior to 2011, not so much of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Winmau77

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Proper deep house or the new "deep house"?

Proper deep house

Proper deep house

What's proper deep house? Mano Le Tough type of stuff? Early in the day at the Bacardi tent is your best bet.

eoinf wrote: »
    Tech house baby.

Midly tolerable to some ****ty techno brown noise.
    Tech-house is good enough for a bop when you're jawed, but it's the kind of music I imagine people are talking about when they say "all dance music sounds the same." A good banging techno set wipes the floor with it every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Don't forget the Little Big Tent too, I saw a nice set from Bicep after Chic on the Saturday night, would call them housey to an extent.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Bicep are two dudes, just as an FYI. I'd call them straight-up house, not just housey. Not deep house but. Wouldn't mind seeing them back, they're always pretty banging.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bicep are two dudes, just as an FYI. I'd call them straight-up house, not just housey. Not deep house but. Wouldn't mind seeing them back, they're always pretty banging.

Corrected that, yeah saw two guys up there, my bad.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Don't forget the Little Big Tent too, I saw a nice set from Bicep after Chic on the Saturday night, would call him housey to an extent.

Most of the Djs that we're talking about play a wide range of electronic music anyway in there sets so it's not gonna be a bore to anyone. Bicep produce house music but, "they"(not him) also play a good bit of techno in there sets. They're playing AVA festival in Belfast at the end of this month. Also doing a boilerroom set during the day. One of my favorite Dj duos atm

• Advertisement

Bicep would be more tech house than anything

Advertisement