Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Really liking Gaz Coombe's latest stuff, but he is busy that weekend….ah well.

I would love to see Sam Amidon added. He is laying End of the Road which has a massive cross over, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

sadie06 wrote: »

I would love to see Sam Amidon added. He is laying End of the Road which has a massive cross over, so fingers crossed.

Gaz is quality! I loved and still love Supergrass!
    While the whole Blur Vs Oasis thing was going on, Supergrass were in the background chipping away, they were possibly the most underrated band of the 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Gaz is quality! I loved and still love Supergrass!
    While the whole Blur Vs Oasis thing was going on, Supergrass were in the background chipping away, they were possibly the most underrated band of the 90's.

I only went to see Oasis once in Landsdowne and they were on a more than off night…as in completely ****e! The only saving grace was that Supergrass played support. They were amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Honestly lads does it really matter whats gets played at the rave in the woods? Everyone is so out of their minds at that stage you could play a dubstep remix of the Postman Pat theme tune and everyone would be going nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

MadYaker wrote: »
    Honestly lads does it really matter whats gets played at the rave in the woods? Everyone is so out of their minds at that stage you could play a dubstep remix of the Postman Pat theme tune and everyone would be going nuts.

It has to be techno in the rave...it's my favourite part of EP!

Techno and raving in a woods were made for each other...and a bit of molly helps for some, naturally :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

sadie06 wrote: »

Sam amidon would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

That doesn't sound too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Close...ish

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Do the tickets usually sell out for EP?

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Do the tickets usually sell out for EP?

They did the last 2 years I think, definitely last year and it looks even more likely this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

They did the last 2 years I think, definitely last year and it looks even more likely this year.

OK thank you. I might try and get one sooner rather than later so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

It has to be techno in the rave...it's my favourite part of EP!

Techno and raving in a woods were made for each other...and a bit of molly helps for some, naturally :pac:

Its funny , Techno wouldn't have been that synonymous with the original raves day at all compared to Acid house, dn'b breakbeat and all that craic. But i suppose techno is a bit less defunct now, better option then that ear bleeding pys trance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'd like more drum and bass, can catch a bit of jungle in trenchtown later on in the evening but its not long before it turns into speedcore and my little head can't keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see Trenchtown is going to be at Benicassim festival this year, so it will certainly feel like Jamaica there anyway, good luck to them. Canna wait now for the Sim Simma Stage at Life in a few weeks which will be like the old Rootical tent with jungle, drumNbass, dubstep and reggae. Then Port Royal at the Body & Soul festival and finally Trenchtown at EP. One of my mates has got a gig at Trenchtown Oisin Daly and Donal Dub Doctor Finn, a good dub, DnB and jungle session.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I see Trenchtown is going to be at Benicassim festival this year, so it will certainly feel like Jamaica there anyway, good luck to them. Canna wait now for the Sim Simma Stage at Life in a few weeks which will be like the old Rootical tent with jungle, drumNbass, dubstep and reggae. Then Port Royal at the Body & Soul festival and finally Trenchtown at EP. One of my mates has got a gig at Trenchtown Oisin Daly and Donal Dub Doctor Finn, a good dub, DnB and jungle session.

I don't get enough time in Trenchtown unfortunately, I normally end up there when mouldy drunk. I remember being completely wasted and buying a Bob Marley T-shirt, it's Bobs face with a huge cannabis leaf in the back drop, he's smoking a massive 2' long spliff seemed like a good idea at the time but it's not something I can wear in public!!

Yea totally agree on the drum and bass, I'd love to see a new smaller drum and bass area in the woods. Low level DJ's don't publicise it, recreate some of the magic and hidden gems of the earlier EP's!!:cool:

I swear I'm going to lose my **** at this point in a few months time:p:p:p:p:p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone got some good recommendations for some acts to check out on the line up?

Blur apparently... I've been listening to all their stuff since they were announced including the new album and I'm trying hard to like it but I just..... can't. I find Damon's voice annoying and most of the lyrics in their songs are nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Definitely have a look at jack garret.

And if you don't know much by mk and Julio bashmore give them a listen too

Yeah MK is great, and Tourist as well. And Mos Def!

• Advertisement

I assume you have already but don't forget to suss out the war on drugs and Tame Impala.
    Alvvays are a nice Indy pop act you'll either like or hate, think most will find it difficult to listen to Molly's voice.
    If you like Ben Howard, I would call little May the female equivalent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Tickets arrived this morning. I finished the instalment plan in March. So excited!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Hope to get feeked to death at it

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Ben Khan might be worth a shout, this track didn't get a tenth of the love it deserved:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Cheers already checked out Jack and def on my list to catch
    Fatfrog wrote: »
    I assume you have already but don't forget to suss out the war on drugs and Tame Impala.
    Alvvays are a nice Indy pop act you'll either like or hate, think most will find it difficult to listen to Molly's voice.
    If you like Ben Howard, I would call little May the female equivalent.

Have Tame Impala sussed :) Yea a lot of people are talking about TWOD so will check them out with Alvvays and Little May

Will check them out too
    Ben Khan might be worth a shout, this track didn't get a tenth of the love it deserved:

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

The Fat White Family

Would highly recommend checking out Mac DeMarco.

Also Pond are basically Tame Impala minus Kevin Parker, they're well worth checking out.

Also if you're into that sort of thing I would definitely have a look at this Paul Kalk set. I'm not sure how I'd describe it, it's kind of techno/house/minimal but made for a festival setting. His live sets are apparently something quite special.

Would also say Alvvays, FKA Twigs and Jessie Ware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

MK is a terrible DJ. Owner of one of the worst Boiler Room sets ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I felt a little underwhelmed looking at the line-up poster, as you're automatically drawn to the top few lines.
    I just had a look through the artists A-Z list on the EP website, and man alive, the line-up is savage this year.

BTW, Doesn't Ro Murphy looks like yer man from take that?
    roisin-murphy-610-x-420.jpg?itok=VuQu97oi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

I felt a little underwhelmed looking at the line-up poster, as you're automatically drawn to the top few lines.
    I just had a look through the artists A-Z list on the EP website, and man alive, the line-up is savage this year.

BTW, Doesn't Ro Murphy looks like yer man from take that?
    roisin-murphy-610-x-420.jpg?itok=VuQu97oi

I was whinging about the lineup prior to the latest announcement but man, this lineup is class. There's so much still to be added too.

Advertisement